2020 Non-Conference

13,393 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mustang1
Mustang1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wacarnolds
AG
Mustang1 said:

Anything on tournaments?

Orlando Invitational (11/28-12/1)

A&M, Southern Cal, Maryland, Temple
Marquette, Davidson, Fairfield, Harvard
wacarnolds
AG
And I think we told BC to F off
EKG1996
AG
Orlando invitational Nov 28-29 Dec 1

Davidson, Fairfield, Harvard, Marquette, Maryland, Temple, USC

Con Spirito
Travis Taylor, WTAW radio in BCS, reported on Twitter back in December that Texas A&M cancelled the return game to Boston College for 2019.

EKG1996
AG
Playing Maryland would be fun
#Mke
AG
Let's get Texas Tech on the schedule!!!!!
wacarnolds
AG
Marquette ranked #7 in Sporting News' Way-Too-Early Top 25 poll for 2020. Maryland ranked #24, Gonzaga #20

4 SEC Schools: #4 Kentucky, #8 Tennessee, #10 Auburn, #13 LSU
TTUArmy
#Mke said:

Damn right!
wacarnolds
AG
#Mke said:

And Texas and Baylor and TCU
CDub06
AG
Boston College can take a flying leap. (But the flight would be cancelled.)
PatAg
AG
wacarnolds said:

#Mke said:

And Texas and Baylor and TCU
and Oklahoma state
bobinator
AG
Who cares about TCU or Oklahoma State. I can also take or leave Tech except for the fact that they're really good.

Baylor and Texas are way more important than the others.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

Who cares about TCU or Oklahoma State.
TCU is a strong in-state program under Dixon. I'd care more about playing them than Oregon State or Arizona State or Minnesota or most of the other random OOC high-major games we've scheduled recently.
MarcAg
AG
What about the 2019 non confernce schedule? We giving up on next season?
bingram1230
AG
I believe those games are for next year. Gonzaga at home could be fun depending on when we play. Hopefully not over Christmas break.
#Mke
AG
wacarnolds said:

bobinator said:

Who cares about TCU or Oklahoma State.
TCU is a strong in-state program under Dixon. I'd care more about playing them than Oregon State or Arizona State or Minnesota or most of the other random OOC high-major games we've scheduled recently.
I'm with you there!!

Does anybody know why A&M doesn't schedule regional rivals that will put butts in the seats at Reed? Texas would be a sellout. Texas Tech would be pretty damn full. Baylor/TCU/UH/OU/OKST would all have good turnout compared to the other silly games we schedule. Why BC and not BU? This sorta stuff baffles me!!
monarch
S
Have said the same thing in the past...
Peace for Ukraine!
Isaih Smollett
Pretty simple. BK was our coach
bobinator
AG
If the choice is either TCU or Minnesota, then yeah I'd take TCU. But I wish we'd put Texas and Baylor on the schedule permanently, and if we did that then there probably wouldn't be much room for a program like TCU.
MarcAg
AG
bingram1230 said:

I believe those games are for next year. Gonzaga at home could be fun depending on when we play. Hopefully not over Christmas break.
I realize they are next season. It was a Smart@ss joke because really it would be 2019 non-conference schedule not the 2020.
bobinator
AG
machine20 said:

BK seemed to get more teams to agree to home-and-homes than any of our other coaches have so this is weird take.
JJxvi
AG
We should play Baylor and Texas every year in every sport (except football where scheduling concerns are too much of an issue to do both). In Men's basketball, it be great to do alternating year home and homes, so we get a game at Reed with one of them every year. Seems like we could get this started with Baylor, they have at least scheduled us once already.
TXAggie2011
AG
Yearly games with Baylor and Texas would be a lot of fun.
Tango_Mike
bobinator said:

machine20 said:

BK seemed to get more teams to agree to home-and-homes than any of our other coaches have so this is weird take.
Kennedy did seem to make an attempt at higher-visibility OOC games (not counting tournaments here)

2012 - Houston, Oklahoma, Florida?
2013 - Houston
2014 - Arizona State, Baylor, K-State?
2015 - Arizona State, K-State, Baylor
2016 - USC, Arizona
2017 - USC, Arizona
2018 - Gonzaga, Boston College (!)

Baylor, Texas, etc. would be great though

EKUAg
AG
Con Spirito said:

Travis Taylor, WTAW radio in BCS, reported on Twitter back in December that Texas A&M cancelled the return game to Boston College for 2019.

Well since they failed to show up for our home game.

Aston04
AG
bobinator said:

machine20 said:

I think it was more of statement saying we didn't want to take on as many in-state opponents (and associated bragging rights) with bk as our coach.

I know I feel much more confident about our chances going forward, post-coach change. Bring on the competition.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
EKG1996 said:

Playing Maryland would be fun
Will Turgeon hold off commitment to this game until he checks advance ticket sales?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
bobinator
AG
BK did schedule Baylor, but yeah, it would be nice to have more than that.

It's too bad our last two football games are away this year, it would have been really nice to host Gonzaga on the Friday before a November football game. I guess there's still a chance it could be the day before the South Carolina game but I doubt we'd play that game so early in the year.
miller0926
AG
Ya the Champions Classic next season is Tuesday, November 12 and the South Carolina game is on the 16th. I doubt it will be week 1, but I would be all for it. Talk about building hype.

I pray it's not the Friday night when we're all traveling to Athens though.
Serious Lee
we beat baylor once and scott drew immediately says they wont be scheduling A&M anymore.
expresswrittenconsent
We are out of the SEC-B12 challenge the next 2 yrs so maybe we can get a home/home with Baylor or Texas on the schedule.
GE
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

We are out of the SEC-B12 challenge the next 2 yrs so maybe we can get a home/home with Baylor or Texas on the schedule.
That would be good. I would like to play Tech as well. Defending national champion and former hated enemy coming to town makes for a great atmosphere if we're up to it.
CDub06
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

That's such a bummer. It's a fun series, even moreso when we're included.
wacarnolds
AG
Massive hit to Marquette, which was getting some top 10 hype and is a potential tournament opponent in Orlando

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.