Stay Classsy Tceh

6,584 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Seamaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who here is surprised?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/07/texas-tech-students-flip-cars-after-final-four-win/3392947002/

rockylarues
As a Tech grad, this is super embarrassing. Threads on redraidersports.com are full of people demanding the police make arrests in connection to this. No excuse at all, and it detracts from the win and Beard's leadership style. Those students deserve every bit of criticism coming their way.
DogCompany74
AG
Now THIS is the Tech we know.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
Dr.HeadCase
AG
Tech fans showing why they are the armpit of Texas.
Sponge
AG
Lubbock police need to borrow some gatling guns in case tceh manages to win it all.
BeeringAintEasy
AG
That city had a great opportunity to show some class since everyone expected this. But....they went out in classic tech fashion.

I had the same thoughts when living in Oakland after the Warriors won for the first time. But even Oakland, a city that conducts street protests almost weekly, handled their win with more class than Lubbock.
The Fall Guy
AG
Woke up and saw what happened. NOT surprised.

I have all intentions to root for tech but not now.

Go Virginia. Beat the Techtards back to wince they came from.
LesterHaze

That school has irreversible cultures issues which have gotten worse over the decades. It's become like Texas State. Bunch of white trash kids.
Canyon99
Tech is West Virginia without hills.
greg.w.h
AG
The Fall Guy said:

I wince at your diction/spelling. From whence did it originate??
Leander - Ag
AG
Lubbock will burn Monday night
rockylarues
The Fall Guy said:

I understand the sentiment, but the kids who did this weren't the ones I'm cheering for. I'm cheering for Beard and our players. Guys like Culver and Moretti are pure class.
Tobias Funke
AG
Quote:

As a Tech grad, everything is super embarrassing

Fify
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Reports say the massive crowd of Rowdy Red Raider fans made bonfires out of couches in the streets surrounding the university.
It really is west virginia...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gunan01
AG
Reminds me of Columbus whenever Ohio St wins anything. Trashy fans. Seems like good things only happen to trashy fans.
NSTN8
You gotta have bat crap crazy, lose their mind, fan bases to make sports intersting!
rockylarues
Tobias Funke said:

Quote:

As a Tech grad, everything is super embarrassing

Fify

Nah
Houstonag
AG
Incredible Tech. Simply incredible behavior. The administration of Tech has allowed disruptive and abusive behavior for so long it is accepted. Just like the democrats. They can destroy a campus and the administrative leadership like at Berkley do nothing. That is why I have lost all respect for many so called storied programs and schools.
dixichkn
AG
Techtard gonna techtard.

But yeah, y'all go ahead and root for them.
dixichkn
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Lubbock will burn Monday night
Win OR lose.
jammer262
Not to disrupt the narrative, cause bashing tech is fun and easy, but my sister had her kids there last night on campus and didn't know any o this happened till this morning. Apparently it was confined to a one block area off campus. She said there was at least 10,000 on campus having fun.
jnocar
Great classy responses!
SA-AG72
AG
Interesting. I told my wife this would happen after the win last night.
mikesyracuse1
University Statement from Texas Tech.

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/ttu-releases-statement-regarding-the-ncaa-final-four-win-and-celebrations/1906113186
wtr1975
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

University Statement from Texas Tech.

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/ttu-releases-statement-regarding-the-ncaa-final-four-win-and-celebrations/1906113186

"Best fans in the country..." Yeah right, what a joke - once again the classless clowns true nature rises to the surface. Go VA BTHO Tech!
DogCompany74
AG
" Texas Tech Athletics request that our world class fans please refrain from the following:

1) Burning furniture without the written authorization of the Lubbock Fire Department once they have determined no one is sleeping on it.
2) Utilizing gutters for public urination and defecation
3) consuming more than one case of Busch in an hour.
4) Maintaining strict speech codes regarding feminine descriptors such as suck it beyotch.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
la_guns
It makes one wonder how Texas Tech became the best college basketball program in the state basically overnight? And their baseball program is tops as well in Texas.
greg.w.h
AG
Tech did an amazing job. The proof was on the court and included a rather unusual defensive approach that panicked some very good teams by making them adjust.

Their fans might or might not be representative of their school. The school exists because of a political accommodation that serves West Texas well and the immediate area is a natural for developing a basketball pipeline though I suspect they aren't limited to recruiting there.

Probably the most endearing characteristic is how hard they work to be qualified for being the butt of Aggie jokes...
busdriver88
AG
Kirby Hocutt is on a hot streak of hiring coaches. He missed with KK, and the women's coach before this one, but Tadlock and Beard are possibly top 5 coaches in their respective sports. If Wells works out, and that is a tall order, Tceh may have the strongest group of coaches in the country.
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
PJYoung
AG
la_guns said:

It makes one wonder how Texas Tech became the best college basketball program in the state basically overnight? And their baseball program is tops as well in Texas.

They hired the right coaches.

It really is as simple as that.
la_guns
If TT can ever win eight games in football consistently then their overall program would be a success. Kirby has a good thing going in Lubbock.
Repeat the Line
Oakland Ag said:

That city had a great opportunity to show some class since everyone expected this. But....they went out in classic tech fashion.

I had the same thoughts when living in Oakland after the Warriors won for the first time. But even Oakland, a city that conducts street protests almost weekly, handled their win with more class than Lubbock.
Local business and the City of Lubbock as a whole really doesn't embrace tceh. Truth be told, they're just as embarrassed to have tceh in their town as we are to have tceh in our Great State of Texas.
94chem
rockylarues said:

As a Tech grad, this is super embarrassing. Threads on redraidersports.com are full of people demanding the police make arrests in connection to this. No excuse at all, and it detracts from the win and Beard's leadership style. Those students deserve every bit of criticism coming their way.
Lawrence Flugence just recorded another tackle. What do you plan to do about it?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.