Ranger juco Championship

7,660 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wbt5845
Sananag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Playing today at one for championship. Go Billy Clyde. I think these guys would take 2 out of 3 from us.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

Playing today at one for championship. Go Billy Clyde. I think these guys would take 2 out of 3 from us.

If you really think that then I feel sorry for you.
Sananag
Junkhead said:

Gigemrunrs said:

seen them play. Just one persons op.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

Junkhead said:

Gigemrunrs said:

seen them play. Just one persons op.

I don't care who you've seen play, they aren't beating us 1 out of 3.
Rock1982
AG
Best to Ranger and Billy G.
Aston04
AG
Go bcg!!
Tango_Mike
Gigemrunrs said:

Lol, a JUCO beating a high major D1
Aston04
AG
Jucos give out scholarships, right? They are better at one starting spot.
EKG1996
AG
Any of his guys moving on to D1 schools after this year?
peachbasket
All for BCG!! But OP sounds like the posters whose daughter's 8th grade coach could do more with the ags or who were sure any high school coach in a 50 mile radius of CS could beat UC Irvine.
Tobias Funke
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

Classic
JJxvi
AG
I always cringe before I open one of these...
JJxvi
AG
Vincennes beat Ranger, BTW
Captain Pablo
AG
For sh** sake people

Don't derail over one ridiculous and irrelevant comment by OP

The point is Billy Clyde's team played for a National Championship today

Great job by him and his players!
Know Your Enemy
AG
The Gillispie knob slobbing on this site is simply mind blowing. Yeah, I appreciate everything he did for us but he was barely here and never got us past the Sweet Sixteen and then bolted for greener pastures. Get over him already. It's pathetic.
Goat Man
AG
Junkhead said:

The Gillispie knob slobbing on this site is simply mind blowing. Yeah, I appreciate everything he did for us but he was barely here and never got us past the Sweet Sixteen and then bolted for greener pastures. Get over him already. It's pathetic.
This times eleventy-billion. I was a huge fan at the time, then he left A&M for a better gig. Why do so many still want to hold his jock?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Junkhead said:

Some of it is definitely trolling, a message board tradition. Also Gabe may be partly to blame because he has suggested A&M hiring BCG several times this week ( if Buzz falls through), half jokingly, but Gabe has been putting that out on the airwaves and folks may not be picking up that Gabe isn't serious (well, I assume he isn't).
LesterHaze
Goat Man said:

Junkhead said:

This times eleventy-billion. I was a huge fan at the time, then he left A&M for a better gig. Why do so many still want to hold his jock?

Meh, I believe the OP's comment was made mostly in jest. Kinda like when you say.... "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse".

I don't think anyone wants to hold BCG's jock. Most just want a quality basketball coach. Turgeon was average. Kennedy was a disaster. BCG was the only true difference maker coach in our 107 year history of playing basketball. That's not debatable.
AggieDad74
BCG and Ranger College fell to Vincennes College earlier today 87-77!

Congrats, Coach G! A second place national finish is certainly nothing to sneeze at!
Tango_Mike
LesterHaze said:

Goat Man said:

Junkhead said:

Meh, I believe the OP's comment was made mostly in jest. Kinda like when you say.... "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse".

I don't think anyone wants to hold BCG's jock. Most just want a quality basketball coach. Turgeon was average. Kennedy was a disaster. BCG was the only true difference maker in our 107 year history of playing basketball.
The OP has started about 3 other threads pining for Gillispie to be brought back. He wasn't kidding
LesterHaze
Tango_Mike said:

LesterHaze said:

Goat Man said:

Junkhead said:

I don't think anyone wants to hold BCG's jock. Most just want a quality basketball coach. Turgeon was average. Kennedy was a disaster. BCG was the only true difference maker in our 107 year history of playing basketball.
The OP has started about 3 other threads pining for Gillispie to be brought back. He wasn't kidding

Alrighty. I did not see those.
TMF
AG
Junkhead said:

This. Distant memory. Not even final four. If he would have stayed longer then maybe. He wanted out of CS as quick as he could.
Captain Pablo
AG
Junkhead said:

It's not "knob slobbing" to appreciate the guy and be happy that he appears to have found peace and success

It's a great story of redemption

Don't take yourself so seriously... we certainly don't
Captain Pablo
AG
TMF said:

Junkhead said:

This. Distant memory. Not even final four. If he would have stayed longer then maybe. He wanted out of CS as quick as he could.

Don't be so bitter

The program was dead when he got here

If it wasn't for the Billy Clyde miracle, you wouldn't even care whether we ever won a game again.

Dude is an Aggie hero
JJxvi
AG
LesterHaze said:

Goat Man said:

Junkhead said:

I don't think anyone wants to hold BCG's jock. Most just want a quality basketball coach. Turgeon was average. Kennedy was a disaster. BCG was the only true difference maker coach in our 107 year history of playing basketball. That's not debatable.

Unfortunately, this same OP makes "hire BCG" and updates us on Ranger basketball regularly, so I dont think its in jest.
halfastros81
AG
jmo but I think calling Kennedy a disaster is a little strong. Was he really good or what we had hoped for.... no .... but his teams did go to the Sweet Sixteen twice and tied for a conference crown. Melvin Watkins was a disaster. Kennedy's tenure was mediocre with some really strong high points mixed in .

I just looked it up : A&M historical all games hoops WP =0 .527, conference WP = .476

Kennedy at A&M : All games WP =0.566 WP, conference WP = 0.458

Kennedy's record at A & M is practically the definition of the historical average for Aggie basketball
Double Diamond
I'll never get over Billy G. Most fun in Aggie basketball history.
Tango_Mike
Blind resume time! (sorry bobinator) Rank these coaches in order you'd hire them

Coach A:
Win % - .578
Conf % - .507
Tournament % - .429
Best - S16

Coach B:
Win % - .631
Conf % - .560
Tournament % - .500
Best - S16

Coach C:
Win % - .532
Conf % - .458
Tournament % - .556
Best - S16

Coach D:
Win % - .622
Conf % - .565
Tournament % - .556
Best - E8
JJxvi
AG
A/S/L?
JJxvi
AG
Im gonna guess...

D-Buzz WIlliams (Easy, I know he's been to the elite 8 and nobody is doing this without including him on this board)

B-Mark Turgeon (good overall record, .500 record in NCAA gotta be dead on, win 1, lose 1 and out almost every time)

So that leaves... Gillispie and Kennedy as definitely the other two. So Gillispie definitely the one with the worse NCAA record.

A-Billy Gillispie
C-Billy Kennedy
JJxvi
AG
So, I'd hire D in 2019, A in 2004, and B in 2007.
Tango_Mike
JJxvi said:

So, I'd hire D in 2019, A in 2004, and B in 2007.
Acceptable response. Thanks for blacking out the names so the exercise in inane time wasting can continue.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Depending on the JUCO, they often have SOME D1 talent. If the JUCO team has good outside shooting, plays good defense, rebounds reasonably well, and actually makes free throws, yes, they could stay with D1 teams. D1 vs. D3 would be much more of a mis-match, at least in most cases. And admittedly, they are at JUCO for a reason, so the undisciplined nature of the player will come out at some point.

A&M, at least this year, wasn't a "high major" D1 team. At least not what I'd call one.
Tango_Mike
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

Depending on the JUCO, they often have SOME D1 talent. If the JUCO team has good outside shooting, plays good defense, rebounds reasonably well, and actually makes free throws, yes, they could stay with D1 teams. D1 vs. D3 would be much more of a mis-match, at least in most cases. And admittedly, they are at JUCO for a reason, so the undisciplined nature of the player will come out at some point.

A&M, at least this year, wasn't a "high major" D1 team. At least not what I'd call one.
MOST juco kids don't ever play at the 4-year level. Andrew Young was the California JUCO player of the century. If they were D1 talent they would have been given a D1 scholarship (with few exceptions).

And A&M was not JUCO bad. They were not even D2 bad. No JUCO would stay within 20 points of a high major, even if they had your implausible perfect game
expresswrittenconsent
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

You dont seem to understand what a "high major" is. It's the football p5 conferences plus the big east (and probably the AAC). Vandy at 0-18 is/was still a high major.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.