*** NCAA Tournament - 2nd Round - Saturday ***

10,336 Views | 172 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tango_Mike
aggiepublius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aub has more 3-pt (8) than KU has FG (7)
TyHolden
AG
kansas and the big 12 is garbage this year (outside of maybe tech).
gougler08
AG
Also, every favorite has won and all but LSU has covered
bobinator
AG
When Auburn can keep everything pointed the same direction they're really good. I just don't think they can do it enough times in a row.
W
AG
how did Auburn lose 9 games this season?
bobinator
AG
Because when things go wrong for them they can really go wrong, they also played a really tough schedule, I think everyone they lost to but South Carolina made the tournament.
bobinator
AG
Pretty wild stat I saw on Twitter, no defending champion since Florida in 2007 has made it past the Sweet 16.

(disclaimer, I didn't fact check that myself, but it was a national writer)
Cy_Tolliver
what an absolute butt kicking. Nice work BDF.
CapCityAg89
AG
I wonder if Bryce Harper is going to say Kansas had no hustle or urgency.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Cy_Tolliver said:

what an absolute butt kicking. Nice work BDF.
Absolutely love it. Get dragged Kansas.

Auburn up by 26, Kansas only scored 25 in first half.
bobinator
AG
Kansas does kind of look like a team that's ready for their season to be over.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Big 12 doesn't even have basketball anymore.

Thanks Longhorn Network ...
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bill Self in pre-game interview said there was no team that played like Auburn in Big 12. I guess he meant a team faster and quicker and that has zero desire to play half-court oriented basketball.

Fat lady singing in this one. Auburn 51 Kansas 25 at halftime.

Tennessee do their job tomorrow and SEC will have 4 teams in Sweet Sixteen.
ClickClack
AG
I'm an idiot and bet on Kansas. Aside from the bet, it's fun to see the pride of the BDF beat down by auburn.
bobinator
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Bill Self in pre-game interview said there was no team that played like Auburn in Big 12. I guess he meant a team faster and quicker and that has zero desire to play half-court oriented basketball.
He is right about that. There's not really a chaos team in the Big 12 like Auburn. LSU is kind of a chaos team also at times even though they have decent options if they want to go half court.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Okay, so Auburn is going to play North Carolina (probably) in the Sweet Sixteen.

Two teams that love extremely high tempo run-and-gun. Can we guess the final score in that game? Like 110-103, something like that? What's the record for most 3-points made/taken in an NCAA game? That game may break the record, whatever it is.
Cy_Tolliver
OK I haven't been following the brackets too closely, but I believe KSU and Baylor are out and KU is getting destroyed. Is OU the only possibility to move forward?
bobinator
AG
Auburn isn't necessarily high tempo, they're just chaotic. North Carolina is a true tempo team, but they don't score a big percentage of their points from three like Auburn does. So it will be interesting to see how that game plays out.
bobinator
AG
Tech, but their game against Buffalo tomorrow could be an interesting one. Buffalo is going to try and speed them up.
mazzag
AG
Tceh too.
Cynical_Texan
AG
26 fast break pts for Auburn... 1 for Kansas.
bobinator
AG
Little halfcourt 1-3-1 from Auburn there... just trying some stuff out to keep them in it mentally?
FriscoKid
AG
The sex champs are legit.
i is smart
AG
Before the tourney started, I heard some random degenerate professional gambler type on the Pat McAfee show say that Self is on his way out of Kansas after this season. No clue if it's even remotely true, but I like the rumor.
bobinator
AG
Ban Cow Gas said:

Before the tourney started, I heard some random degenerate professional gambler type on the Pat McAfee show say that Self is on his way out of Kansas after this season. No clue if it's even remotely true, but I like the rumor.
That's been kind of floating around out there that he might be headed to the NBA.

The Kansas job coming open would really make things interesting.
TyHolden
AG
3 of UNC's 6 losses came ooc. Texas, Michigan (blowout), and UK (blowout).

Auburn blew out UW by 20+ early this year.

UW lost by 2 at Gonzaga this year and 12 against Va Tech at home. 2 of their other 8 loses were against red-hot oregon at the end of the season.

It's all jeckyl and hyde with Auburn but I wouldn't rule out UW tomorrow. I'm not sure if my stats above mean anything after this statement.
jakal0722
Hopefully that UNC - Wash game is good! Get to watch it and Tenn - Iowa tomorrow.
Topher17
AG
Today was a dud. Other than LSU, there was very little to get excited about.
TyHolden
AG
jakal0722 said:

Hopefully that UNC - Wash game is good! Get to watch it and Tenn - Iowa tomorrow.
i hope UW spanks UNC. Screw the ACC. It's time we take over.
Skull Session
So Tech and the Sooners are on the clock today as the last two chances for the BDF to make the sweet 16. I wonder if OU can repeat the intensity they had against Ole Miss on Friday. Tech should beat Buffalo.
gougler08
AG
Skull Session said:

So Tech and the Sooners are on the clock today as the last two chances for the BDF to make the sweet 16. I wonder if OU can repeat the intensity they had against Ole Miss on Friday. Tech should beat Buffalo.

Tech is only a 4 point favorite, will be a tough one for them
Tango_Mike
BlueDeviledAg said:

3 of UNC's 6 losses came ooc. Texas, Michigan (blowout), and UK (blowout).

Auburn blew out UW by 20+ early this year.

UW lost by 2 at Gonzaga this year and 12 against Va Tech at home. 2 of their other 8 loses were against red-hot oregon at the end of the season.

It's all jeckyl and hyde with Auburn but I wouldn't rule out UW tomorrow. I'm not sure if my stats above mean anything after this statement.

What is this? Is this an attempt at the transitive property through 8 degrees of separation?
txag72
AG
He's saying UNC hasn't been that dominant against good teams outside of conference and that the big loss by Washington to Auburn may have been because Auburn is schizo. Take Washington and the points......maybe.
Tango_Mike
txag72 said:

He's saying UNC hasn't been that dominant against good teams outside of conference and that the big loss by Washington to Auburn may have been because Auburn is schizo. Take Washington and the points......maybe.

Thanks. I guess I don't speak jive after all

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.