Va Tech

3,462 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks very Billy Gillepiesh defensively. St. Louis is not Kentucky offensively but I have to say the shoe does seem to fit.

We absolutely should have better talent than Va Tech or UH or Texas Tech to apply to the competition so to me it seems like the future should be very bright

Having said that , Kelvin Sampson is a really , really good Coach but there's just too much baggage there.
Iv'e got myself convinced that Buzz is the right answer
monarch
S
ok.
Peace for Ukraine!
BigHitterDaLama
halfastros81 said:

Looks very Billy Gillepiesh defensively. St. Louis is not Kentucky offensively but I have to say the shoe does seem to fit.

We absolutely should have better talent than Va Tech or UH or Texas Tech to apply to the competition so to me it seems like the future should be very bright

Having said that , Kelvin Sampson is a really , really good Coach but there's just too much baggage there.

Uh, no
dixichkn
AG
Why not? Best conference in the country for sports. Barely over an hour away from all that HTown talent. We're a coach away from dancing every single year IMO
zooguy96
Should have better talent - yes that can happen with the right coach.

Currently have better talent - no, not close.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Double Diamond
The SEC isn't the best conference for hoops. And while if the reports are true that Buzz is likely to come. I'm kind of shocked Buzz wasn't concerened with the league. Buzz is a big picture guy and the league matters to him.
DukeMu
Double Diamond said:

The SEC isn't the best conference for hoops. And while if the reports are true that Buzz is likely to come. I'm kind of shocked Buzz wasn't concerened with the league. Buzz is a big picture guy and the league matters to him.
The crowds were rabid when BCG was coach.

Buzz knows what this program can be. A lot of ADs have upped their game and upgraded their coaching. The conference isn't there yet, but getting better. But would be another big step in that direction.

wacarnolds
AG
Double Diamond said:

I'm kind of shocked Buzz wasn't concerened with the league. Buzz is a big picture guy and the league matters to him.

What can Buzz accomplish coaching at VT that he couldn't at A&M?
wacarnolds
AG
Great news, Buzz gets to take on the world's worst university for a Sweet 16 berth
dixichkn
AG
wacarnolds said:

Great news, Buzz gets to take on the world's worst university for a Sweet 16 berth
But VT and Baylor are in different regions........
PatAg
AG
Double Diamond said:

the SEC has had plenty of success lately though
Gap
AG
VT benefits from the upset win by Liberty and should should be a pretty significant favorite when they play the 12 seed on Sunday. After that, they would likely face Duke in Washington, DC. Which is about as close to home as VA Tech could get for a Sweet 16 location. It is kind reminiscent of our Sweet 16 trip to San Antonio before losing our coach immediately after.
halfastros81
AG
Uh.... yes

Wasn't saying we are more talented now.
mazag08
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

halfastros81 said:

Uh, no

As of right now? Similar conference in top teams, top talent, and depth of league.

College Station vs Lubbock

They are one sip coach getting fired away from being back to being Tech.

So.. Uh yes
Double Diamond
Texas A&M is a much better job.
Double Diamond
The SEC might be improved. But it's still behind ACC, Big 10, Big 12.
MMantle
AG
What's the possibility / probability that we make big offer to Buzz, and VaTech matches it, seems like they really want him there.

This has happened to us, more than once, in other sports.

RR
Tobias Funke
AG
IMO, If Buzz doesn't end up here, it's not because an offer was matched. It's because he doesn't want to be at A&M as badly as we all think/hope.
Pumpkinhead
AG
MMantle said:

What's the possibility / probability that we make big offer to Buzz, and VaTech matches it, seems like they really want him there.

This has happened to us, more than once, in other sports.

RR

As of Yesterday, insiders still would be 'totally shocked' if the next A&M coach is not Buzz Williams.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.