Bryce Drew Out at Vandy

3,274 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to SXM radio
class_of_26_ag
Just saw on Bleacher Report. They were horrific with one of the best prospects. Wonder who they get
. . .
Wicked Good Ag
Best player ALL AMERICAN played three games total. Have two McDonalds all Americans for this coming season who may ask out of LOI

I don't think this one makes sense but new AD...
Steeple
HC search competition is heating up beyond my earlier expectations
JJxvi
AG
. . . said:

Belton Ag
AG
He pulled off the ol' Melvin Watkins Special and went 0fer in conference. I don't think anybody can survive that.
CapCityAg89
AG
Steeple said:

HC search competition is heating up beyond my earlier expectations

I'm glad we've already got our guy.
Topher17
AG
A bit surprising, but how many coaches can reasonably expect to go full Melvin and keep their job? I expect their recruiting class to fall apart, and the new coach coming in will be in a pretty tough spot. It will be interesting to see who ends up there.
Tavares19
AG
One of their top 150 recruits is a post from Pflugerville. We, along with SMU, were the other finalists. I wonder if the new coach could renew his interest here as we really need depth at the post position.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Their local media types seemed convinced he was getting at least one more season, because brand new AD and three years remaining on his contract.
Iowaggie
AG
SEC Conferencee record the last six years.

Seems like being let go is reasonable.

7-11 (Kevin Stallings coach)
9-9 (Kevin Stallings coach)
11-7 (Kevin Stallings coach)
10-8 (Bryce Drew coach)
6-12 (Bryce Drew coach)
0-18 (Bryce Drew coach)
AWP 97
AG
Can I assume the Aggies have no interest?
Tango_Mike
AWP 97 said:

Can I assume the Aggies have no interest?
In Bryce Drew?
EXCELL
0-fer will do that.
That's what it took for the lights to finally flicker on about Melvin Watkins
MidTnAg
AG
He recruited a super 5-star recruit (injured and played only three games) who will certainly be a first round pick in the NBA draft.
He recruited two McDonald AA players for fall 2019.
There is no way in hell I would want to get rid of him.

Unless there is a serious problem, EVERY coach should be given 4 years.

Will our next men's basketball coach be given four years? Unfortunately, no.
DukeMu
Wicked Good Ag said:

Best player ALL AMERICAN played three games total. Have two McDonalds all Americans for this coming season who may ask out of LOI

I don't think this one makes sense but new AD...

Vanderbilt technically doesn't have an AD, nor a traditional athletic department that is separate from the University. The purpose is to maximize accountability. One of their Vice Chancellors runs athletics. David Williams passed away, and Malcolm Turner was hired as VC.
phorizt
Their 2019 class just has a couple of low 4 stars. No McDonalds All Americans in this class. He landed the 2 5 stars last year one of which was pretty average as a freshman and the other is headed to the NBA after being injured already. His other 2 classes have been pretty average so its not like they're poised for a breakout year next year if he had come back.
EXCELL
Quote:

Nope.
He'll get 6 to 8. That's our history.
Basketball and Chain
AG
MidTnAg said:

He recruited a super 5-star recruit (injured and played only three games) who will certainly be a first round pick in the NBA draft.
He recruited two McDonald AA players for fall 2019.
There is no way in hell I would want to get rid of him.

Unless there is a serious problem, EVERY coach should be given 4 years.

When's the last time we didn't give a coach 4 years?
JerronReese
AG
I thought the same. That kid can play. We got matched up with Hendrickson first round of the 6A playoffs this year. One of the toughest scouts I've ever had. Tough to simulate a 6-8 kid who can step out and stroke it. Managed to hold him to 14, but came up short. Great kid too. He's tough!
Pumpkinhead
AG
JerronReese said:

I thought the same. That kid can play. We got matched up with Hendrickson first round of the 6A playoffs this year. One of the toughest scouts I've ever had. Tough to simulate a 6-8 kid who can step out and stroke it. Managed to hold him to 14, but came up short. Great kid too. He's tough!
Is waiting to see who Vandy's next coach is:

Quote:

Four-star signee Dylan Disu is willing to wait to see who Vanderbilt will hire to replace basketball coach Bryce Drew.
In a Twitter private message, Disu said, "I'm going to wait to see who gets hired and go from there."
It's at least a temporary relief for Vanderbilt, especially after four-star signee Austin Crowley reportedly asked for a release from his national letter of intent to look at other schools.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.