Nevada coach

2,638 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TXAggie2011
boxcar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
really like him...and the way his team plays
miller0926
AG
You know, for how much love he gets, his team sure did underachieve pretty badly this season
cs69ag
AG
based on first half vs the gators his team needs some discipline ...very erratic and lots of turn overs
bobinator
AG
Can we at least google names on these threads?
Tango_Mike
Musselman is hyped because he was once in the NBA. Buzz is better and it's not really close
LawHall88
AG
Musselman is also known to be difficult to get along with,
LawHall88
AG
And getting blown out by Florida is no way to position yourself for the UCLA job.
Gap
AG
15:22 to go in the 2nd half

Florida 48
Musselman's Nevada 33

If Musselman is going to get back into, Nevada needs to start shrinking that Florida lead.
Method Man
Cmon
halfastros81
AG
And on cue Nevada fights their way back in to the game. I like Mike White but he hasn't shown me a lot tonight.

He seemed to just watch while his 18 point lead melted away. No timeouts. No obvious adjustments. It worked so I guess there's that.
BQ_90
AG
There gonna lose
halfastros81
AG
There have been more than a few very successful coaches with that reputation.
Double Diamond
No thanks.
mazag08
AG
When your team has to come back from double digit leads 17 times in a season.. it tells me that you have a propensity of coming out flat and getting down by double digits way too often.

Would love to see him coach Nevada again next year. Losing 5 senior starters. Let's see what he looks like with a young team.
RG20
Yeah, he's a real peach.
gougler08
AG
mazag08 said:

When your team has to come back from double digit leads 17 times in a season.. it tells me that you have a propensity of coming out flat and getting down by double digits way too often.

Would love to see him coach Nevada again next year. Losing 5 senior starters. Let's see what he looks like with a young team.

I think they said 17 times in the 4 seasons he's been there
85AustinAg
AG
First time to watch Musselman and was not impressed with his team or his coaching.
Double Diamond
Had a sweet 16 run last year and people lost their minds. A sweet 16 isn't the reason you make a hire
greg.w.h
AG
I liked Musselman only as a solid coach with both D-League/pro with NBA exposure plus decent player development at the college level. He likely would have been a discount to Buzz and was a reasonable stalking horse for a decent mid-major kind of coach. I'd rather we step up and choose a coach with P5 HC time and a good storyline in that position. More so with some new BE-style experience.

And if he brings the grit and the defense we saw with his previous boss, then in my mind Buzz hits the trifecta. Bonus points for recruiting Texas previously as well as east coast.
TXAggie2011
AG
The Texags groupthink mood swings on coaches is always fun to read
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.