Anyone else take these first two days off work?

1,720 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Method Man
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't worked the first two days of the tournament in probably close to 20 years. Everyone I work with knows it's my religious holiday. I'll be posted up at the bar before 11am and likely there until the last game ends.
Mikeyshooter
AG
I usually do cuz it typically coincides with Spring Break. But not this year so I have a "field visit" this afternoon.
Linz02Ag
AG
Me
aggietony2010
AG
I'll have a decently productive day working from home. But of the 3 monitors and TV in my office, only 2 will be on work tasks.
GrayMatter
AG
Does showing up for work but continually clicking on the "Boss Button" count?

Asking for a friend.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
mhayden
Used to... Then A&M making the tournament ruined it for me... Now I'm just not near as interested in March Madness unless A&M is in the tournament.
FriscoKid
AG
Yeah, I've done it before. These are the best two sports watching days in the whole year.
bobinator
AG
Yep, usually I don't have to use vacation days because of spring break, but this year is weird year.

Got up and cleaned the kitchen, made some sausage, egg and cheese bagel sandwiches and yesterday bought stuff to make nachos all day.

Let's do this.
AggieDad74
Not a problem ~ retired!
FriscoKid
AG
Owner of the firm is the one running the bracket pool. I think I'll be ok to just hang out here.
LawHall88
AG
"Working from home" today and tomorrow.
fatdad84ag
AG
Used to take my son out of school to watch all day on Thursdays at SRO's in Houston. We sat in the Iowa watch party in 2006 when they lost to 14 seed Northwestern State. Even got a call from the attendance office during the game that I forgot to sign him out for his orthodontist appointment. We are both working today though.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I'm retired, so I'm pretty much just sitting on my ass watching hoops.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm started with a new startup...so...hell no. Not that they'd care, but I would.
Wicked Good Ag
aggietony2010 said:

I'll have a decently productive day working from home. But of the 3 monitors and TV in my office, only 2 will be on work tasks.

One too many being used for work related tasks
aggietony2010
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

aggietony2010 said:

One too many being used for work related tasks

The "extra" work monitor will be flexed to basketball if needed.
Goat Man
AG
I took off both days for maybe ten years but since the BK era started I typically take off at 11:00 and hit the bar in time for the first game. I have to agree with the person above that A&M not making the tournament puts a serious damper on my enthusiasm.
halfastros81
AG
I wish I could have. Not this year. Watching the entire first few days at Twin peaks would have been fun especially in this great weather.
Seven Costanza
AG
I used to take these two days off when possible, but I've lost all interest in it. I didn't fill out a bracket this year and forgot the games were even on until about an hour ago.
Harry Dunne
Not officially, but someone must have hacked my pc and left that reddit ncaa streams window open.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I always take one but rarely both. I'll play an early round of golf and then have my ass home and on the couch by 11. Friday was the pick this year.
txag72
AG
I did. Oh wait, I've been retired 10 years.
Dandy 76
AG
Just always watched from my computer at work. I had 3 screens so I could have the games on one and still work on the other two. Fortunately I don't have to worry about that anymore as I'm now retired!
Biz Ag
AG
Several years ago I was in Vegas during the first week of March Madness. Ran into some guys from Philadelphia at Caesar's Sports Book who had been making the trip to Sin City every first weekend of the tournament for like fifteen years.
Method Man
Do every year
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.