First Four - Wednesday

1,640 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GrayMatter
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
battle of the north's, N dakaota state looking to beat NC Central to get to play Duke
BQ_90
AG
North Dakota State wins and gets Duke
LawHall88
AG
On an unrelated note, Bama loses at home to Norfolk St. in the NIT. Long way from the team that beat Kentucky.
bobinator
AG
Avery gonna have to make some moves next year or he's toast.
LawHall88
AG
Some rumors that he is already looking for a lifeboat, particularly SMU, to get him out of Tuscaloosa.
bobinator
AG
Arizona State's zone is bizarre, and St Johns reaction to it is even more bizarre. I know they don't have size but you can't five out a zone.
Pumpkinhead
AG
LawHall88 said:

On an unrelated note, Bama loses at home to Norfolk St. in the NIT. Long way from the team that beat Kentucky.

Yikes, #1 seed losing at home to the #8 seed.

LawHall88
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

LawHall88 said:

Yikes, #1 seed losing at home to the #8 seed.

Doesn't sound like that hour-long meeting went real well.
LawHall88
AG
St. John's just kinda throws the ball all over the place and hopes for the best.
bobinator
AG
Yeah this game has mostly been a disaster for them and yet I feel like they're going to make a game of it somehow.

They're the guard-heavy version of us.
bobinator
AG
This game has all the discipline of an 8 AM Sunday morning consolation bracket AAU game
AggieDad74
Alabama's loss to Norfolk State now places tu squarely in the home quadrant of their bracket. Next up for Shaka ~ Xavier at the Drum!
Stone44
AG
Who really cares about the losers tournament. The NIT sucks, like going to the Belk Bowl.
Pumpkinhead
AG
When Bama hired Avery Johnson at the end of Kennedy's 4th season, I remember being a little jealous. But thus far there is not much evidence that the college hoops game is a good match for him, for whatever reasons. Anthony Grant had a higher winning % at Bama than Avery has had.
GrayMatter
AG
It was a disappointing end for Alabama for sure. I watched a part of that game and Norfolk St just about did everything to lose and they ended up winning by 1.

With 4 secs left in the game and Alabama inbounding from the back of their own goal, I was curious to see what Avery would draw up. It wasn't a very good play at all as 0-for-a-million Norris ends up taking the last shot. How in the world does he end up taking that shot instead of someone else?
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.