fred hoiberg?

3,916 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Double Diamond
medog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I see that he's on Nebraska's short list after they inevitably fire Tim Miles at the end of their NIT run. Just wondering if we're considering him? I know he's a Midwest guy but he worked wonders at Iowa State and I'm sure we could offer much more money than the Huskers.
Tango_Mike
It would be surprising if Hoiberg ever went back to college
expresswrittenconsent
Tango_Mike said:

That's a 2yr old article and OP is referencing 1 day old tweets from Jeff Goodman that Nebraska's #1 target is Hoiberg.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Buzz, Buzz, BBuzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,uBuzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,BuBuzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,zz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,zz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz,Buzz, Buzz,
Tango_Mike
expresswrittenconsent said:

Tango_Mike said:

That's a 2yr old article and OP is referencing 1 day old tweets from Jeff Goodman that Nebraska's #1 target is Hoiberg.
A&M targeted Jeff Van Gundy. That doesn't mean he had any interest in the job
Tango_Mike
But I'm sure Jeff Goodman had a long talk with Hoiberg about his personal desires this past weekend
expresswrittenconsent
Show me the "A&M targets coach Van Gundy" stories before we even had an opening. Because Nebraska still has a coach.
Tango_Mike

Show me the "A&M targets coach Van Gundy" stories before we even had an opening. Because Nebraska still has a coach.
So you double down on Jeff Goodman's tweet by saying that Hoiberg might want to go back to college even though Nebraska still has a coach? Odd position

You're arguing Hoiberg's own words with Jeff Goodman's tweets. Lincoln Nebraska is an amazing place, and I'm sure it would be paradise for a guy who has stated more than once that he hates recruiting. The place virtually recruits itself.

You've convinced me. I'm going to cast my lot with Jeff Goodman's tweets.
greg.w.h
AG
Well...Nebraska should be better at basketball than it has been at least in the last decade. They HAVE winter...
expresswrittenconsent
No, ace, I'm arguing that your "case closed" post with a 2yr old article is not relevant, and the logic of your follow up posts is lacking.
I have no predictions on who coaches Nebraska basketball next year.

Continue posting things that dont matter.
Tango_Mike
No, ace, you're arguing that Jeff Goodman knows more about Fred Hoiberg's interests than Fred Hoiberg does. Keep posting things that don't matter
Tango_Mike
As in "show me stories showing A&M's interest in Van Gundy before we had an opening." I really can't think of anything more irrelevant to this
TopoTacos
AG
I would hope that we at least kicked the tires on this one, he's a great college coach (and probably will be a decent NBA coach if he gets another shot) and I would love to see what he could do with some of our guys (Chuck, Chandler, and Flagg especially)
Pumpkinhead
AG
Louis said that somebody told him that we looked at (kicked the tires) on 3 other coaches in particular besides Buzz Williams.
medog
AG
They're reporting here in Nebraska that it's a done deal. Still haven't fire Miles yet.
wacarnolds
AG
medog said:

They're reporting here in Nebraska that it's a done deal. Still haven't fire Miles yet.

Same guy who had the break on Nebraska hiring Scott Frost last offseason

PatAg
AG
Paging Tango_Mike
Tango_Mike
PatAg said:

Paging Tango_Mike
It doesn't make it any less surprising, which is what I said "it would be surprising"
expresswrittenconsent
Not surprising if you saw stuff reported yesterday but pretty surprising if you saw news from a few years ago and assumed nothing had changed nor would ever change (like the whole NBA saying "nah")?
Tango_Mike
meh
txag72
AG
Hilarious. With no BK (or anyone else for that matter) Texags eating its own!
LaTex
I mentioned his name the other day. He would be someone worthy of having an interview with.
dixichkn
AG
Would be a great fallback if Buzz falls through for some reason. However, sounds like we missed the boat
expresswrittenconsent
Good call.
Tango_Mike

Good call.

I don't think you understand what the word "surprising" means. I'll go back and bump every thread where you and all of your alter egos were wrong

Double Diamond
I'll side with Mike. It is surprising.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.