Chris Harris asks for his release from LOI

14,967 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aston04
DukeMu
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Harris is a 3 star, 129 rank on 247 (which absorbed Scout). Generally, they are a crapshoot as Fish. Could be quite good as a Soph.

Gilder was a 4 star, 88th ranked SG. Really improved as a Frosh, but saw limited minutes until late in the season.
expresswrittenconsent
rockwalltxag
AG
Quote:

We saw this happen with Jimbo in Football. Not worried

Bingo! Posters on here talking about "knee jerk reactions" when in fact they are doing the same thing! TexAgs gonna TexAgs..
Wicked Good Ag
Would have hoped he would have seen who the new coach is even with his desire to play under the staff Kennedy had.
Wish him good luck wherever he lands
greg.w.h
AG
I don't have a problem with offering him a release. The old ways are either dead or dying.
Hop
Staff
AG
I agree with Billy that the fact Harris was given his immediate release likely indicates A&M has their man. If Woodard didn't have his guy, I'm sure he would have stalled and asked the kid to wait until he hires the new coach.
DukeMu
expresswrittenconsent said:

If it makes you feel better Rivals is far more reliable in rankings of football recruits.
DukeMu
Hop said:

I agree with Billy that the fact Harris was given his immediate release likely indicates A&M has their man. If Woodard didn't have his guy, I'm sure he would have stalled and asked the kid to wait until he hires the new coach.

Agreed. I think Woodward has had his guy for awhile.

Serious Lee
OT, but just from looking at rivals offer lists, it appears buzz recruited chandler, Flagg, Jasey, kobe brown, and tyreek smith. i wish we still had jasey
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG
Two down, two to go?

Pumpkinhead
AG
LawHall88 said:

Two down, two to go?

I'll be a bit surprised if the Wheeler kid decommits during this lull before the new staff is in place. He comes from a large family in Houston and I remember staying close to home was a high priority and was mentioned by him as a key reason why he committed so early to the Aggies.

And though say a school like UH is even closer, but there is no guarantee Kelvin Sampson is going to be coaching that team next season when the coaching carousel finally stops. So my thoughts on that particular recruit is guessing that you'll see the Wheelers take their time and let things play out.
LawHall88
AG
BQ_90
AG
LawHall88 said:

yea go play for the coach who's seat is red hot.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Virginia Tech fans seem particularly pessimistic about keeping this particular 2019 signee from Canada if Buzz Williams leaves.

Quote:

Emanuel Miller
Buzz Williams and the Hokies extended the Canada recruiting pipeline by signing combo forward Emanuel Miller on Oct. 18. Miller is a 6-foot-6-inch forward from Toronto, Canada, who will be playing his senior season at Prolific Prep in California. Miller is a four-star recruit on ESPN and Rivals, and he received offers from Illinois, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh, Southern Methodist University and St. Bonaventure. ESPN ranked Miller as the No. 34 small forward and No. 2 Canadian in the 2019 recruiting class.
Miller fits the Buzz Williams mold for versatile, undersized big men as Tech looks to improve in the low post. Miller has plenty of experience playing abroad with the FIBA Canada Under-18 team and Under-19 World Cup team. Miller seems to primarily be a scorer but, despite his size, defends very well in the paint. The Hokies are gaining a tough interior defender and quality scorer whose game is very comparable to Tech alum Zach LeDay.

CypressAg09
AG
If Buzz leaves, VT doesn't technically have to release their signees like we have, right?
Hop
Staff
AG
CypressAg09 said:

If Buzz leaves, VT doesn't technically have to release their signees like we have, right?
FYI, it was told to me that A&M has not given full releases to the signees. They have been given a conditional release that allows them recruiting contact with other schools, but a full release will not be given until after each signee meets with the new coach....at least that is what I've been told.
CapCityAg89
AG
That makes a ton of sense. They don't feel like they lose the time before Buzz is official - they'll be more likely to listen if they're not pissed off.
LawHall88
AG
Quote:

"It was really out how coach Billy Kennedy was fired," said Harris. "I felt like I wouldn't be able to reach my full potential without those guys who have been on me since my freshman and sophomore year. I felt like they had the best interest in me and play my style of play. I thought that I should de-commit and find a similar relationship that I had with them."
Quote:

Since his de-commitment, Oklahoma State, SMU, Georgia Tech, Arkansas, Georgia, and NC State have been among the schools to reach out. Harris does not have a timetable to commit and is working to cut down his list.

"I'm still waiting to see who sends me a pitch," he said. "I'm working on plan some once I break down my list."

Despite not having a timetable, Harris still has a clear idea of what he's looking for in a school.

"Somewhere that I can play my game, play my style, and won't have to change who I am or how I play," said Harris. "I also want to go somewhere that is family-oriented, where I have a great relationship with the coach. I want to go somewhere that I can play my game."

Harris also said that he is unsure whether or not he will still consider Texas A&M until they hire a new coach.
https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/03/21/chris-harris-jr-talks-de-commitment/
JJxvi
AG
Theres not much i like about those comments.
fightinags2013
AG
My my my my my
sincereag
BK obviously did a great job of selling Harris that he could come in and play his style of basketball. The only problem is it wasn't a winning style that most great coaches demand from players. I hope our new coach sells recruits on development and winning championships.
Aston04
AG
If that was an on-going bk pitch over the years- that leads to trouble when things don't go their way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.