Top Five BK moments

5,686 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mcag83
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Win over UNC- totally stunning
2. UNI- should've been an easier win but this was more entertaining.
3. UK win- Tyler Davis follow.
4. Gonzaga- Trocha went off!
5. WVU- Not sure what happened but we killed them

Hon mentions-
BU 2015
UK 2012- Elston Turner game
ASU- Caruso comeback

I'm prob missing something.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I had a chance to attend the Vandy game in Reed in 2016 when A&M got to cut down the nets after as SEC co-champ, also was senior day for Caruso, House, and Jones.

I know the game itself wasn't as huge because we were clearly a better team than Vandy, but it felt like a special moment at Reed that day.
Method Man
Yeah that was a good one. That vandy team wasn't bad and we killed them.
AgsNguyen
AG
We beat Gonzaga?
GE
AG
Destroying a ranked Baylor with maybe the best offensive game against a ranked opponent in school history. Elston beating UK at Rupp by himself. Beating sips on neutral floor. Beating top 15 Iowa State. Beating top 15 USC on the road. Leading Ben Simmons like 50-20 at halftime in his last college game.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I'd maybe rank that win @Auburn last year in Top-5 or at least honorable. That was a conference road win vs. a Top-10 ranked team (at the time) if I recall. That win and then thrashing Kentucky at home very next game was a great week. Unfortunately that was the end of Duane Wilson's knee vs Kentucky.
GE
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

I'd maybe rank that win @Auburn last year in Top-5 or at least honorable. That was a conference road win vs. a Top-10 ranked team (at the time) if I recall. That win and then thrashing Kentucky at home very next game was a great week. Unfortunately that was the end of Duane Wilson's knee vs Kentucky.
Yes to both of those, emphatically. We entered the UK game with three point guards and destroyed and entered the next game and rest of the season with only one.
isitjustme
AG
AgsNguyen said:

We beat Gonzaga?
Yep. Nov 2015 in the Bahamas. Great year.
Method Man
The UTx win wasn't a big win.
Baylor was.
Auburn was at the time. Did they end up ranked?
GE
AG
Providence win was pretty great too
expresswrittenconsent
2015 - 17pt blowout Home NIT win over Montana
2014 - 16pt blowout Home CBI win over Wyoming
Rule#2
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

2015 - 17pt blowout Home NIT win over Montana
2014 - 16pt blowout Home CBI win over Wyoming

I lol'd
gig them
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

I had a chance to attend the Vandy game in Reed in 2016 when A&M got to cut down the nets after as SEC co-champ, also was senior day for Caruso, House, and Jones.

I know the game itself wasn't as huge because we were clearly a better team than Vandy, but it felt like a special moment at Reed that day.

This is my #1

Seeing the ladder come out at Reed, watching guys cut down the nets... that's everything. Texas A&M has a tendency to have good seasons (in all sports) that don't translate to hardware, so it was nice to actually put the clamps on a major conference title.
AggieTFA06
AG
1. Comeback win vs Northern Iowa.
2. Win over UNC in North Carolina
3. SEC Championship win vs Vanderbilt
4. Blowout of Ben Simmons and LSU in the 2016 SEC tournament.
5. Win vs Kentucky in 2016 at Reed

Honorable mentions:
-Win vs Kentucky in 2018 at Reed.
-Win vs tu in the Bahamas
-Win vs Baylor
-Win vs Iowa State- One True Champion game
-Win vs West Virginia in Germany
-Win vs Gonzaga in the Bahamas on Thanksgiving
-Upset at Rupp Arena with Elston Turner.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
DogCompany74
AG
Is it too late to reconsider?
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
mazzag
AG
mazzag
AG
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/sec/2013/01/12/texas-am-elston-turner-beats-kentucky-83-71/1829229/
GigEmATL
AG
When Ben Simmons and LSU came to Reed, they had to stop letting people in. A lot of the aisles were full of people standing and the atmosphere was pretty awesome, especially with all the heckling chants directed at Simmons. Not really a top 5 moment but definitely one of my favorites
Method Man
That LSU team kinda sucked so not sure why it was a big win.
GigEmATL
AG
Didn't say it was a big win, just a cool moment with Reed as packed as it was and the projected #1 pick in town
Olsen
AG
1. Win over Northern Iowa in 2016 March Madness.
2. Win over UNC in the 2018 March Madness.
3. Win over Gonzaga in the 2015 Battle 4 Atlantis.
4. Win over Kentucky at Reed in the 2015-16 regular season.
5. Win over Kentucky at Reed in the 2017-18 regular season.
TombstoneTex
AG
Love the positive energy here!
Zigzig
Great thread and some really good memories. I have more good memories during BK era than Turgeon era.
mazzag
AG
There's good memories from there too! The best is the Baptism but that was more Sloan than turge.
Class of 65
AG
AgsNguyen said:

We beat Gonzaga?
Attended a lot of games ?
expresswrittenconsent
EAD 65 said:

AgsNguyen said:

We beat Gonzaga?
you didnt attend that one.
OKC~Ag
win against Northern Iowa...

Nothing comes close, ever...

N Iowa win like that will be impossible to repeat. That game was most improbable win against ages.

Players in that team are special...

if you need a proof that anything is possible...or value of never giving up...this is it.
Deputy Travis Junior
1) UNI: literally the greatest comeback in the history of the NCAA Tournament. Even more amazing, it's not even close. As 538 said, "it broke our models." We'll never see a finish like this again.

2) North Carolina: thrashed a blue blood to punch our ticket to the second weekend (we won't talk about what happened there).

3) Elston Turner @ Kentucky: one of the best scorers in A&M history doing his thing

4) Rice, 2011: How did a team led by Elston Turner (as stated, one of the best scorers in A&M history) and Kris Middleton (scored 40+ in an NBA game) lose to ****ing Rice AT HOME? I'll go to my deathbed still trying to figure this out.

5) North Texas, 2013: We barely scored 40 against a North Texas team that finished 16-16 while people claimed that the player possessing the best court vision and passing skills in A&M history wasn't a pure enough point guard to run an offense. Probably the worst game of Kennedy's time here.
SACR
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

I was there that day, it was awesome. We weren't playing for the co-championship but the conference championship at the time. If we won, we won the conference and received the #1 seed in the SECT because we had the head-to-head over UK. Kentucky could at best tie us to get the #2 seed with a win later.

I honestly don't know why our own fans refer to that as a co-championship when we won the regular season title. Let Kentucky claim it as a co-championship, we won it all.

I mostly see it from people wanting to denigrate BK's accomplishments, but he has plenty to criticize without insulting one of our best teams in the last 20 years.
AggieTFA06
AG

EAD 65 said:

AgsNguyen said:

We beat Gonzaga?
It was in the Bahamas on Thanksgiving.

It was a day after we beat tu in basketball and 2 days before saving Les Miles job as LSU football coach.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
TexasAGGIEinAR
Zigzig said:

Great thread and some really good memories. I have more good memories during BK era than Turgeon era.

Comeback vs Nebraska in Lincoln
Beating Pigs in Dallas; shutting them out in OT
Going dancing EVERY YEAR
Bama comeback OT win in Tuscaloosa
NIT preseason title

Turgeon's were ok.
Dolphin Diva
AG
I agree with most top 5 but I was at Reed for the Vandy game when we WON the SEC title outright. It was a great day that I was so happy to be apart of. Props to the man for doing something we haven't seen for 30 years. Also loved the thrashing of UNC last year. Will never forget those. I haven't loved BK but Turge leaving when he did with the cupboard about as bear as it was is something that will make me loathe him for the rest of my life. BK had an opportunity to build tremendous momentum here and squandered it because of poor in game coaching and player attrition. For a plan g hire based on timing not much more you can hope for. Best wishes BK.
Had a long drive from Colorado back to DFW this morning and Childers on SXM was chastising us asking what more did we want. We are Texas A&M not exactly a blue blood. Very similar to the Jimbo talk. I look forward to Buzz (who I think the deal is already done) or whatever big name comes in here and builds a basketball program the we deserve. We will prove folks wrong again. Changing the narrative takes time and fortitude and we will continue to do so in all sports. Godspeed Mr. Woodard. We leave this in your capabale hands.
expresswrittenconsent
AggieTFA06 said:

EAD 65 said:

AgsNguyen said:

We beat Gonzaga?
It was in the Bahamas on Thanksgiving.

It was a day after we beat tu in basketball and 2 days before saving Les Miles job as LSU football coach.

I remember. Trocha (coming off a freshman season where he was maybe the worst regular rotation player in all of the high majors) hit like 4 or 5 threes and set 2 things into motion:
1. He established himself as the first big off the bench (backing up either Davis or Jalen) which made Elijah Thomas bail.
2. He now had the green light to bomb away whenever he wanted despite being 30% career from three.

He also was pretty damn good on the inbounder during the press and was a big part of that UNI comeback. He was basically the only guy (besides Caruso) during the BK era to play his full 4 years, and his leadership and experience and willingness to accept his role has been sorely lacking from the roster since the day he graduated.
mazzag
AG
So the mbb coach sucks? I agree..,
Artimus Gordon
After 8 years this Is the 5 best moments? The bad moments are more numerous and far outweigh the good. Getting Kennedy out of there is like leaving the bdf for the SEC! I'll miss Kennedy like I do Kermit, Barone, Watkins, Fran, Sherman and sumlin.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.