Will Wade

34,927 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieDad74
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
94chem said:

The sad truth is that when you go full Baylor and lie about everything and never speak at all, you end up better off than if you go Penn State and let the truth out.

Why is mounting a vigorous defense sad? Please explain in detail this flaw of our criminal justice system.
94chem
greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

The sad truth is that when you go full Baylor and lie about everything and never speak at all, you end up better off than if you go Penn State and let the truth out.

Why is mounting a vigorous defense sad? Please explain in detail this flaw of our criminal justice system.
Must be nice to have a job where you can blatantly break the rules, decide not to talk to your employer when they call you on the carpet, and keep your job. That's a strong-ass position to be in.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Similar to Finebaum, Pugliese in the tweet below and again this morning on the radio gave an opinion that he thinks LSU will ultimately have to cut ties with Wade after that trial this summer is over.

Serious Lee
seems pretty obvious the reinstatement was just the AD caving to fan pressure and half the roster forcing his hand by declaring for the draft.

If Wades testimony and the Our Lady of Lake embezzlement scheme turns out to be half as incriminating as has been reported, Alleva just invited the NCAA to hit them with the dreaded "lack of institutional control".
Bunk Moreland

greg.w.h
AG
94chem said:

greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

Must be nice to have a job where you can blatantly break the rules, decide not to talk to your employer when they call you on the carpet, and keep your job. That's a strong-ass position to be in.

Note I asked about criminal justice and you changed the subject. He is mounting a vigorous defense against federal-level charges. He might or might not retain his position. But going to prison sucks worse than being fired.
Pumpkinhead
AG
greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

Note I asked about criminal justice and you changed the subject. He is mounting a vigorous defense against federal-level charges. He might or might not retain his position. But going to prison sucks worse than being fired.

Will Wade is/was not facing any criminal charges.

An agent/middleman that Wade was using to *apparently* help him pay recruits is the guy who is facing federal bribery and wire fraud charges, and whose trial is about to start.

That middleman's lawyers are the ones who subpoenaed Wade to help his defense...to testify that although the wiretaps caught Wade talking about 'Strong ass offers' ...Wade was never BRIBED by the agent.

The Fed prosecution filed a motion to block Wade's testimony, because they don't care about coaches paying recruits. They care about what they charged the agent of doing.

You know who does care about paying recruits though? Not the Feds, but NCAA Investigator sure do!! When the transcript of Wade talking about 'strong ass offers' came out, the NCAA was really interested and LSU admin and the NCAA wanted to immediately meet with Wade.

He refused, because he was worried at the time that although he could lie to NCAA and LSU no problemo, he might have testify on the witness stand in a Federal trial soon...and perjury in a Fed trial is no joke.

So he told his bosses at LSU that he wouldnt talk to them, so they suspended him.

Then he hired a better lawyer to navigate out of his problem.

Once it looked like he didn't have to testify, he agrees to meet with LSU and NCAA and tells them 'I didn't pay no players'. That's just back to lying to his bosses and NCAA, something Wade was a lot more comfortable doing with no Fed trial testimony on the horizon anymore.

Will be interesting to see how Woodward handles Wade.
mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead said:

greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

An agent/middleman that Wade was using to *apparently* help him pay recruits is the guy who is facing federal bribery and wire fraud charges, and whose trial is about to start.

That middleman's lawyers are the ones who subpoenaed Wade to help his defense...to testify that although the wiretaps caught Wade talking about 'Strong ass offers' ...Wade was never BRIBED by the agent.

The Fed prosecution filed a motion to block Wade's testimony, because they don't care about coaches paying recruits. They care about what they charged the agent of doing.

You know who does care about paying recruits though? Not the Feds, but NCAA Investigator sure do!! When the transcript of Wade talking about 'strong ass offers' came out, the NCAA was really interested and LSU admin and the NCAA wanted to immediately meet with Wade.

He refused, because he was worried at the time that although he could lie to NCAA and LSU no problemo, he might have testify on the witness stand in a Federal trial soon...and perjury in a Fed trial is no joke.

So he told his bosses at LSU that he wouldnt talk to them, so they suspended him.

Once it looked like he didn't have to testify, he agrees to meet with LSU and NCAA and tells them 'I didn't pay no players'. That's just back to lying to his bosses and NCAA, something Wade was a lot more comfortable doing with no Fed trial testimony on the horizon anymore.

Pumpkin. I am impressed. A nice lengthy response and zero edits!

There are so many moving parts for the LSU basketball program and it could drag on for a while.

1 edit just because

Mikesyracuse1
greg.w.h
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

greg.w.h said:

94chem said:

As we saw again with Mueller and Trump: the FBI specializes in process crimes.
91AggieLawyer
AG
If Woodward wasn't clear with LSU brass as to where he stood on the Athletic department political food chain (especially with respect to the basketball coach) BEFORE he took the job, he's not as smart as we give him credit for being.

I would hate to see Woodward take a total head in the sand approach and not talk to Wade and then use the excuse of ,"well, he didn't lie to me, so we're all good."
LawHall88
AG
If the power brokers at LSU wanted Wade fired, they would have made Alleva do it before running him out of town. Woodward's objective will be to protect / save Wade.
frogagg
shaka on radar of fbi
Method Man
What a thrill it would be if LSU got in real trouble for their illegal fund from our lady of the lake but they won't.
94chem
LawHall88 said:

If the power brokers at LSU wanted Wade fired, they would have made Alleva do it before running him out of town. Woodward's objective will be to protect / save Wade.
Wow, must be fun walking into that. I wonder if it's easier to keep Wade's job or to keep him out of jail? I mean, in theory, I don't think the average LSU fan would have a problem with Wade coaching the team from prison.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Wade does not appear to be in any danger of going to jail.

NCAA violations, yes. Criminal charges no. As I mentioned in my most recent post, his subpeona had nothing to do with any criminal charges against Wade.

DukeMu
frogagg said:

shaka on radar of fbi
Shaka Con.

Shaka Con.

Shaka Con. Shaka Con.
DukeMu
Pumpkinhead said:

NCAA violations, yes. Criminal charges no. As I mentioned in my most recent post, his subpeona had nothing to do with any criminal charges against Wade.

In Louisiana, they just call this...

...Monday.
DukeMu
Method Man said:

What a thrill it would be if LSU got in real trouble for their illegal fund from our lady of the lake but they won't.

Nothing is going to happen. Just like UNC fired the AD, Chancellor, President, Dean, Department Head, Chair of the Faculty to protect the MBB banners, LSU will protect football and MBB regardless of appearance and collateral damage.

Corndogs just don't care.

Hop
Staff
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Well, he was at risk of going to jail if he was forced to testify and he lied about paying players under oath. The ruling that he no longer has to testify opens up the likelihood of a full denial to the NCAA where lying has much smaller consequences and is worth it to save a $2-3 million job.
91AggieLawyer
AG
LawHall88 said:

You're saying a lot here: 1) LSU brass doesn't care about getting lied to by one of its key employees; 2) THEY, and not the AD, control the athletic department; 3) Woodward has agreed to be a yes man; and 4) Woodward is willing to condone lying to bosses (including him) and NCAA rules violations.

If all this is true, I don't want Woodward here.

So if that's not what you were intending to say, please clarify because your comments were clearly saying that to me (assuming they are accurate, of course).
LawHall88
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

LawHall88 said:

You're saying a lot here: 1) LSU brass doesn't care about getting lied to by one of its key employees; 2) THEY, and not the AD, control the athletic department; 3) Woodward has agreed to be a yes man; and 4) Woodward is willing to condone lying to bosses (including him) and NCAA rules violations.

If all this is true, I don't want Woodward here.

So if that's not what you were intending to say, please clarify because your comments were clearly saying that to me (assuming they are accurate, of course).
Obviously I can't speak to what Woodward was told.

My point is, as things stand today, LSU wants Wade to stay. The AD would be expected to defend his coaches when such defense is appropriate. I would give Woodward the benefit of the doubt on the ethics issue; as such I assume if he determines Wade has violated NCAA rules, he would terminate Wade rather than covering up the transgressions.

My point is Woodward's job is to save Wade from false / misleading claims or allegations.
expresswrittenconsent
I think you're probably right, Law. But I dont know if it's that cut and dried yet. It will be interesting to see what comments Woodward makes about Wade. I think LSU is still hedging a bit, allowing themselves to fire him over the next few months if needed.
greg.w.h
AG
You know Woodward already worked there before...
Pumpkinhead
AG
Right, per one of my previous posts, that is why is looked pretty suspicious that Wade wasn't willing to talk to LSU/NCAA until after he was no longer in danger of testifying in a Federal court. Sure looked from a distance like only once the feds had blocked the defense's efforts to have him testify in that trial, that he then was comfortable going in and (IMO probably lie) to his bosses and NCAA investigators.
Hop
Staff
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

I think you're probably right, Law. But I dont know if it's that cut and dried yet. It will be interesting to see what comments Woodward makes about Wade. I think LSU is still hedging a bit, allowing themselves to fire him over the next few months if needed.

If I were to guess, I bet LSU realized they were screwed long-term if they fired Wade now because there's no way they were getting a good candidate at this late date to take the job with the unresolved mess.

So let Wade coach this year while resolving this issue, and that gives Woodward almost a year to work behind the scenes and get his man. At the end of next season, they cut Wade loose and announce the new hire.
wacarnolds
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

It will be interesting to see what comments Woodward makes about Wade.
"Coach Wade is LSU's coach and he will have my 100 percent support."

-Scott Woodward, 4/23/2019
Pumpkinhead
AG
LSU has amended Wade's contract. Wade gave up $250,000 worth of bonuses in previous contract, and LSU can now easily fire him without threat of lawsuit when/if NCAA violations are charged.

wacarnolds
AG
Just landed a 5-star PF out of Alabama. Glad to see good things happen to people who do things the right way
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Yes. Trendon Watford. A stud. From my kid's HS Mountain Brook. Over Bama, Memphis, Indiana, Duke. Very odd choice with them potentially being in trouble.
EastSideAg2002
Well if hes already f$#t, maybe hes doubling down on "strong ass offers".
Marcus Aurelius
AG
My dtr just texted me he drove to school in brand new Jaguar.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Wade getting his comeuppance can't come too soon for me.
wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Wade getting his comeuppance can't come too soon for me.

Don't hate the player, pumpkin
Double Diamond
Will Wade is only doing what is the norm in big time college basketball.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Double Diamond said:

Will Wade is only doing what is the norm in big time college basketball.
You liked and supported Rick Pitino as well. Yes, college basketball recruiting appears to be a slimy industry but some guys go above and beyond the 'norm' and Wade appears to be one of them. Had Wade been the coach of a team that missed the NCAA last season, LSU would have no doubt cut him loose 'with cause'. But instead...here we are.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.