Will Wade

34,895 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieDad74
aggiedad55
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will Wade is being notified today that he will be subpoenaed in the federal basketball corruption trial this April. Wade was recorded on tapespeaking about getting money to Balsa Koprivica.
Sean Miller has also been notified.
LSU's good season may be short lived.
Gap
AG
Their roster has become loaded very quickly at LSU. And Wade is recruiting to a place that historically doesn't support basketball particularly well. Perhaps, he is "too" good a "recruiter".
_lefraud_
AG
LSU has gotten recruits they probably shouldn't have gotten for 30 years...
bobinator
AG
_lefraud_ said:

LSU has gotten recruits they probably shouldn't have gotten for 30 years...
Yeah, LSU randomly getting good basketball recruits isn't anything new.
PatAg
AG
Am I the only one that thinks they need to stop pretending like this is a legit investigation? We dont think every top 5 conference is doing this at every school, to varying degrees.
bobinator
AG
No, I've been saying that since the beginning.

The only way this is going to actually change anything is if the NCAA did something crazy like issue blanket immunity so that everyone could come to the table and talk about how to fix the system without having to worry about implicating themselves.
Gap
AG
If a coach is on tape talking about paying a player, they have to go down. And no that isn't happening in every situation.

Wherever it is happening and proven, they have to "pay" the price.

If all it is is about the money, a lot of schools could afford better players but aren't playing the game that Miller and Wade and others are playing and aren't getting those players.
bobinator
AG
Problem with this one is Wade didn't get that player, and as far as I know they don't have any actual proof that he's paid anyone, so what exactly do you hit him with?
Gap
AG
I guess we are going to find out why the feds were able to obtain a wiretap of Wade and what he said in the wiretapped conversations.
Method Man
Everyone speeds but the guys that get caught still get tickets. It's so they don't speed egregiously.
bobinator
AG
If they actually got Wade on tape talking about paying a player that he actually got (as some people seem to think they might at this next trial) then a) it'll be the first time I'm actually impressed by this investigation and b) Wade is a lot dumber than I thought.
Goose
AG
Method Man said:

Everyone speeds but the guys that get caught still get tickets. It's so they don't speed egregiously.
And so that those responsible for enforcement have something to point to and say they're doing something about it.
AgsNguyen
AG
Its happening. Wade goes down and LSU brings home a favorite son with a clean reputation to coach. Everyone wins..especially us!
mikesyracuse1

With Wade and Miller getting subpoenas tfor the April 22 Federal trial, It will be interesting since both are on tape pretty extensively as to how their attorney decides that they will answer and testify
mallen
AG
I'd love to be the Federal investigator/Attorney responsible for pooh poohing all over Wade's recent success at LSU. What do I need to do to signup for that job?
PatAg
AG
Kobe Bryant is on record about this, but they need to fix the AAU system. That's where the real exploitation is occurring.
Pumpkinhead
AG
bobinator said:

Problem with this one is Wade didn't get that player, and as far as I know they don't have any actual proof that he's paid anyone, so what exactly do you hit him with?
I see no problem here if the LSU coaching staff is distracted in any way for the next 30 or so hours. You can't spend too much time talking with your lawyers in something like this. Also I'm good with the LSU players doing some extra celebrating after their big win vs. the Vols on Saturday. They deserve lots of extra time off and recreational bonuses. Mission Accomplished, Cruise Control Time! Oh, and if Waters is still feeling even a little bit ill, I recommend resting him for another couple of days.
bobinator
AG
PatAg said:

Kobe Bryant is on record about this, but they need to fix the AAU system. That's where the real exploitation is occurring.
I don't think people quite have this right. The problem isn't the AAU system itself, the problem is that there's a lot of money in amateur basketball in the US, and basically everyone is allowed to receive it except for the players.

So right now the easiest way to get money to people that can influence players is the club basketball circuit. But there's no real way to "fix the AAU system" because the problem isn't the system.
expresswrittenconsent
bobinator said:

PatAg said:

I don't think people quite have this right. The problem isn't the AAU system itself, the problem is that there's a lot of money in amateur basketball in the US, and basically everyone is allowed to receive it except for the players.

So right now the easiest way to get money to people that can influence players is the club basketball circuit. But there's no real way to "fix the AAU system" because the problem isn't the system.
hey now. this isnt tennis or soccer or baseball or golf. these players dont deserve the money.
BQ_90
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

bobinator said:

PatAg said:

hey now. this isnt tennis or soccer or baseball or golf. these players dont deserve the money.
Well why isn't the nba or mlb paying kids in the US? MLB has no issues buying kids in Latin America.

Is collective bargaining preventing that in the US?

Basketball the NCAA is,the last pig to the trough. Hell the NCAA can't even punish UNC for fake classes, you think they give a **** about buying players
basic8
Gap said:

I guess we are going to find out why the feds were able to obtain a wiretap of Wade and what he said in the wiretapped conversations.
I think the 'why' is they were taping the other guys, not Wade.
AgsinGA
AG
L$U being L$U.
Sananag
aggiedad55 said:

Will Wade is being notified today that he will be subpoenaed in the federal basketball corruption trial this April. Wade was recorded on tapespeaking about getting money to Balsa Koprivica.
Sean Miller has also been notified.
LSU's good season may be short lived.
Knew something was up. Too quick of a turnaround.
Artimus Gordon
So balsa "wood" kopriva was selling himself to the highest bidder and several coaches got caught upping the ante?

Thank goodness BK's main recruiter was running around keeping his side pieces happy at our expense. Instead of dealing for players. BK can show cause with only 8 3*'s on the roster. Look FBI I dint do nuffing!
greg.w.h
AG
The problem with shamateurism is that it corrupts everyone.
JJxvi
AG
In baseball the players pay to be scouted in the US.
Pumpkinhead
AG
This post must have sounded funny in your head when you typed it.
Serious Lee

PatAg
AG
bobinator said:

PatAg said:

That was what Im saying. The people running those orgs/teams are just exploiting the players in the system. This is besides the fact that the kids in AAU aren't learning to play basketball either.
Method Man
I am not sure about that. It seems to me the one on one skill level In the nba is as high as it's ever been. I do think that kids switching teams every time they or their handler have a whim is a long term negative. Also, Kobe is a sociopath. He's in the top .0001% who would run over an old lady to get better and win.
Muy
AG
PatAg said:

The AAU issues don't happen if the money from the colleges goes away.
hellcat9
AG
Reid from NJ? Wyatt from the Bronx? Tells you all you need to know. My contact tells me Wade runs on the dark side.
_lefraud_
AG
hellcat9 said:

Reid from NJ? Wyatt from the Bronx? Tells you all you need to know. My contact tells me Wade runs on the dark side.

Lolz @ "my contact"
bobinator
AG
So apparently Will Wade is that dumb
LawHall88
AG
Quote:

A 2017 phone conversation intercepted by the FBI between LSU coach Will Wade and basketball middleman Christian Dawkins features Wade speaking freely about a "strong-ass offer" he made in the recruitment of a prospect, Yahoo Sports has learned.

On part of the call, Wade expresses frustration that a third party affiliated with the recruitment had yet to accept Wade's "offer." Instead, a verbal commitment to LSU was being delayed because Wade theorized he hadn't given the third party a big "enough piece of the pie in the deal" and instead "tilted" the offer toward the player and his mother.

"I was thinking last night on this Smart thing," Wade said. "I'll be honest with you, I'm [expletive] tired of dealing with the thing. Like I'm just [expletive] sick of dealing with the [expletive]. Like, this should not be that [expletive] complicated."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.