please hire Eric Musselman of #10 Nevada (17-1)

6,289 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BMOC86
Jbob88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Edit: i/We all prefer Buzz Williams. Steal him from Va Tech.

Dynamic offense, high-energy Coach, and former NBA assistant!

We should already have a deal with him in place before another P5 school takes him, which will definitely happen this year.
Dolemite
AG
I'm shocked he wasn't hired by a big-time program last year.
Bunk Moreland
he's building the resume to get a job at a much more bball hungry school than A&M. I'd love for Woodward to take a shot though.
bobinator
AG
We didn't even consider firing Kennedy last year, I doubt we considered hiring someone else.
BQ_90
AG
Jbob88 said:

I get the feeling we considered hiring him last year. We should already have a deal with him in place before another P5 school takes him, which will definitely happen this year.
I feel you don't know what you're talking about.
DukeMu
It will cost us now - Jimbo style.

Do it.

Wicked Good Ag
Musselman isn't coming here. We are not a destination school and we won't be one

Not one blue blood is also a football school however you can with the right coach willing to stay at a program can become a major player in the NCAA basketball scene for a decade or more

Few at Gonzaga
Tark at UNLV
Thompson at Georgetown are examples
Serious Lee
this board is going to be a hoot when texas fires shaka before get rid of BK
wacarnolds
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Musselman isn't coming here. We are not a destination school and we won't be one

Guy who coaches at a non-destination school won't coach at a different non-destination school.

Makes perfect sense
Jbob88
BQ_90 said:

Jbob88 said:

I get the feeling we considered hiring him last year. We should already have a deal with him in place before another P5 school takes him, which will definitely happen this year.
He was at the top of the list of every school. He kinda screwed up by taking his shirt off in the locker room after beating the Sips in the NCAA tournament.
BQ_90
AG
Jbob88 said:

BQ_90 said:

Jbob88 said:

He was at the top of the list of every school. He kinda screwed up by taking his shirt off in the locker room after beating the Sips in the NCAA tournament.
We were not considering him last year. Others schools maybe, but not us.
Jbob88
BQ_90 said:

Jbob88 said:

Sounds like you are semi-new to college basketball. Lol. The guy is a former NBA coach, has a dynamic offensive system, and is high-energy. He was at or near the top of nearly everyone's list, goofy. So if we hire him this offseason, does that still mean he wasn't at or near the top of our list last year?
BQ_90
AG
Jbob88 said:

BQ_90 said:

Jbob88 said:

Sounds like you are semi-new to college basketball. Lol. The guy is a former NBA coach, has a dynamic offensive system, and is high-energy. He was at or near the top of nearly everyone's list, goofy. So if we hire him this offseason, does that still mean he wasn't at or near the top of our list last year?
Nice clarification of your feelz. But if he's at the top of everyones list last year, why didn't he change jobs?

Again my point was we didn't have a opening so he wasn't considered by our AD.

But if you want to continue with word semantics that's fine. It's better than watching was we saw last night.
EXCELL
Quote:

But if you want to continue with word semantics that's fine. It's better than watching was we saw last night.
At least there's a contest here and neither guy is sitting on his hands on the sideline like a display at the Madam Toussard Wax Coaching Museum
BQ_90
AG
actually the state of the mbb is on the minds of everyone in premium, opps no it isn't. A thread about Gabe and strawberries is the hot topic.

When does baseball season st, ah ****.
halfastros81
AG
Agree that Musselman should be talked with. You can't get him if
You don't inquire.

Rumor is he's on UCLA's short list and they would be difficult
To compete with but a lot of folks laughed when we went after Jimbo and
Look what happened. I understand b-ball is different but ya gotta try. He'd be successful with this roster imo.
superunknown
AG
https://amp.si.com/nba/2019/01/18/eric-musselman-nevada-coaching-nba-warriors-kings?__twitter_impression=true

zooguy96
We aren't likely to get a new coach within the next couple of years because Admin doesn't care about BB - in part because we went to the Sweet 16 last year. In their minds, it seems, that bought him more time. Lame.
Hop
Staff
AG
zooguy96 said:

We aren't likely to get a new coach within the next couple of years because Admin doesn't care about BB - in part because we went to the Sweet 16 last year. In their minds, it seems, that bought him more time. Lame.

As usual, you would be wrong.
zooguy96
NM. Ain't worth the response.

Not coming down to that level.
PatAg
AG
I feel confident that we would be likely to hire a mid-major/up and coming type. Which is probably what a school of our level should do. You then just hope you can pay them to stay if they are succeeding, or cut bait if they don't. It would be great to hire a proven big time coach, I just don't think that is likely
Jbob88
Hire this guy!!!
monarch
S
SW isn't stupid; approx 4000 people yesterday in a 13500 seat arena doesn't pay the bills. While I'm not speculating who will be here for next season, I will speculate that BK won't. I go to all the Saturday games and I didn't have to raise my voice once when talking to people on either side of me.

Sad stuff.
Peace for Ukraine!
DukeMu
Take my coach...

Please.
DukeMu
BQ_90 said:

actually the state of the mbb is on the minds of everyone in premium, opps no it isn't. A thread about Gabe and strawberries is the hot topic.

When does baseball season st, ah ****.
Premie sux re: MBB. One (free) month was more than enough,
Morpholino
AG
Still want this guy? Yes or no?
Double Diamond
I was never interested. Yesterday shouldn't matter. The guy is far from a sure thing.
EXCELL
There are very, very few sure things in coaching and the very few that exist generally aren't going anywhere.
Double Diamond
No there aren't. I tend to be pretty good at picking out coaches. Not overally impressed with EM. This guy is getting a lot of millage off a sweet 16 run. His team was lazy last year. Got lucky. The luck ran out yesterday. Almost the same exact game 12 months latter.
class_of_26_ag
I think Nevada the past two years reminded me of A&M the past few seasons. Good talent and mediocre results. Both teams play lazy on D and have no sense of urgency until the final few minutes. We shouldn't have had to pull a miracle against Northern Iowa. Musselman is just another BK type of coach.

No thank you
txag72
AG
So Musselman and Johnson are now Texags rejects after being pumped 2 or 3 years ago. Wonder who is left? Stansbury?
Method Man
Lazy analysis
Double Diamond
I don't get the Muss love. What am I missing?
TXAggie2011
AG
class_of_26_ag said:

I think Nevada the past two years reminded me of A&M the past few seasons. Good talent and mediocre results. Both teams play lazy on D and have no sense of urgency until the final few minutes. We shouldn't have had to pull a miracle against Northern Iowa. Musselman is just another BK type of coach.

No thank you
Nevada won their conference regular season and went to the Sweet 16 last year. That's not mediocre and it wasn't mediocre when A&M did anything similar.

Musselman may not be the best coach A&M can get, but Nevada has more consistently won games, which is not something BK achieved at A&M.

txag72
AG
Quote:

Lazy analysis
It only takes reading and memory.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.