Our opponents are straight up piling on

2,269 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EXCELL
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Auburn's Bryce Brown, who had 20 of his 22 points in first half, critical of Aggies' effort. Said he expected more 'fire' from A&M defensively when a ranked opponent comes on to Aggies' home court -- 'They probably could have played a little harder
Post removed:
by user
basic8
"Comfortable" comes to mind. Film session? comfortable. Film don't lie.
Strike One
For someone that usually somehow has found reasons to stick up for BK and the effort that his team has sometimes chosen to display, tonight was an absolute debacle. That, I think, is the least effort I've seen made since Watkin's days by any Ag to even try to block out or fight for a rebound on either end of the Court. Also, were the Ag defenders actually trying to encourage the guy with the ball to dribble and drive inside right past them straight to the basket without even trying to keep them out of the paint? Were they purposely staying away from Brown so he could try to set a school record on uncontested 3's? Were most of the Ags, excluding Chandler and one or two others, intentionally not going after the ball the few time Auburn let us knock the ball loose around our own basket? Do we ever play man on man defense where we play remotely like a man on fire? Were our big men totally and hopelessly intimidated by Auburn as they couldn't/didn't get the ball and do anything with it all night and were ALWAYS out of position to get rebounds? Can any one on our team at least make free throws on the rare occasions they actually drove close enough to the basket to draw a foul while throwing up a hopeless desperation lob towards the basket? Can Stark just stay on the bench for the good of the team? Did the entire team just declare it a season after their single SEC victory against Alabama? Is every member of the team still running wind sprints outside or running stairs in Reed Arena and if not, why not? Does our team have one single guy who is a leader who pushes or inspires the others to play their best?

In short, after tonight, I think that BK should retire immediately just for his own good because if tonight's effort was any indication of the quality of his coaching, he needs to quit because he is not doing his job and if tonight's exhibition was solely the result of his team deciding they simply don't give a *****, then he needs to quit and not take the blame for the team's horrendous lack of effort or ability.
Mr. Ectomy
AG
I hate watching the Aggies lose, but every loss brings us closer to a new coach and an exciting new era of Aggie basketball!
DTP02
AG
basic8 said:

Is like they somehow thought aftwr beating Bama that things would come easy.

It obviously starts at the top, but as a player you ought to have a sense that your team really isn't that great and the ONLY chance you have to win against a good team is to play hard and play well.

The Bama game should have been a springboard to push harder in practice and go harder in games.

It's really inexcusable.
Mikeyshooter
AG
DTP02 said:

basic8 said:

Is like they somehow thought aftwr beating Bama that things would come easy.

It obviously starts at the top, but as a player you ought to have a sense that your team really isn't that great and the ONLY chance you have to win against a good team is to play hard and play well.

The Bama game should have been a springboard to push harder in practice and go harder in games.

It's really inexcusable.
It's the overall culture that has (or hasn't) been developed in 8 years. We have no identity that the players can identify with which leads to no one stepping up as leader. We've had a leadership problem since Caruso left and not one player has stepped into that role.
Sananag
Mr. Ectomy said:

I hate watching the Aggies lose, but every loss brings us closer to a new coach and an exciting new era of Aggie basketball!
amen
zooguy96
Ya'll forgot - it's the fan's fault we lost. Not the coach's.
GE
AG
He's just salty because until last night he had never scored more than 7 points against A&M during his four year career.
MB19
AG
Mr. Ectomy said:

Or we could get the next hire completely wrong.
aggiebrad94
AG
I only watched the first half but was stunned at how many offensive rebounds we gave up to Auburn. It seemed they were getting 2-3 shots every trip down.
PatAg
AG
MB19 said:

Mr. Ectomy said:

That can happen. BK wouldn't be as big of a deal if we just moved on after it was clear he wasn't going to get it done.
czar_iv
AG
MB19 said:

Mr. Ectomy said:

Yep, but let's watch somebody else's version of a basketball team for a while ... 8 years is enough. Honestly, I wanted him fired after year 2.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
EXCELL
Quote:

Honestly, I wanted him fired after year 2.
1 year for me. He just couldn't coach. Obvious from the beginning just like Melvin, but not as bad.
EXCELL
BK's teams have never, ever been strong on fundamentals.
Mikeyshooter
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

I only watched the first half but was stunned at how many offensive rebounds we gave up to Auburn. It seemed they were getting 2-3 shots every trip down.
Its actually pretty sickening to watch what happens when a shot goes up. Guys just kind of stand near their guys or moved toward the basket. Rarely do guys actually box out. Never do we stick a forearm in a guys chest and keep them away from the basket. It's amazing that we don't even coach or teach one of the major principles of good defense.
EXCELL
Shouldn't be amazing by now in year 8.
Should be expected
JaySugar
It's crazy that Kennedy seems to have all these Big money Ags that like him so much.
You would think even his closest friends would even say, "hey I love you Billy, but I want to start winning again in hoops".

We gave you 8 years, now lets give someone else a shot.
EXCELL
You obviously haven't met Sam Torn, the smartest man on the planet.
If you don't think so, ask him. He'll be glad to tell you
BQ_90
AG
EXCELL said:

You obviously haven't met Sam Torn, the smartest man on the planet.
If you don't think so, ask him. He'll be glad to tell you
He hasn't been seen since 2nd week of football season. At least not on premium. Guess the gameday task force is held up in the steam tunnels working on the next great thing at Kyle Field. $20 nachos or maybe tee shirt cannon the cav fires off after a turnover or something.
EXCELL
Yeah, he hasn't even been showing up for his buddy BK's games.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.