Five Years From Now...

1,350 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DukeMu
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do you think that the conversation will be about on this board? I've checked in periodically over the BK tenure, and I agree with a lot of what is said, I just can't read it over and over. With that said, surely a new wave of positive and enthusiastic dialogue awaits.

TeAgs Basketball Forum
1/16/24

Can You Believe____________?
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
LesterHaze

The same GD thing unless we hire an AD and subsequently a men's basketball coach who is self motivated. The TAMU alum culture is a disaster at managing the hired help. Cultural nightmare.
AggieEyes
AG
There is virtually no other institution I know of that would have retained Kennedy for this long and paid him as much as we have.
Post removed:
by user
GrayMatter
AG
People will still be complaining about Coach _____, the students for not showing up, the AD, the concessions, the facilities, and poor ole Hop.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
Aston04
AG
Bs. This board was a lot happier under turge and bcg. And the stands had way more energy. Why? Because we had teams that consistently worked their a$$ off and a coach doing same. But carry on pretending this program can only suck. Ignore the recent past.
_lefraud_
AG
Can you believe that A&M is indeed NOT an "every other year team."
Serious Lee
TJ starks could have been Acie law with better coaching
Con Spirito
AggieEyes said:

There is virtually no other institution I know of that would have retained Kennedy for this long and paid him as much as we have.
Johnny Dawkins at Stanford:

08-09 - 20-14, 6-12, 9th in conf., CBI semi-finals
09-10 - 14-18, 7-11, 8th in conf, no post-season
10-11 - 15-16, 7-11, 7th in conf, no post-season
11-12 - 26-11, 10-8, 7th in conf., NIT Champions
12-13 - 19-15, 9-9, 6th in conf., NIT 2nd Round
13-14 - 23-13, 10-8, 3rd in conf., Sweet 16
14-15 - 24-13, 9-9, 5th in conf., NIT Champions
15-16 - 15-15, 8-10, 9th in conf., No Post-Season

Worth noting - Stanford went to the NCAA tournament 12 of 13 seasons before Dawkins arrived.
DukeMu
Buford T. Justice said:

What do you think that the conversation will be about on this board? I've checked in periodically over the BK tenure, and I agree with a lot of what is said, I just can't read it over and over. With that said, surely a new wave of positive and enthusiastic dialogue awaits.

TeAgs Basketball Forum
1/16/24

Can You Believe____________?

Same argument. "We should have fired BK after year 2! 3! 8!"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.