Bob Huggins

2,021 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BurnetAggie99
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
0-5 in league play and in the middle of a "down year". I know he's "home" but if I'm Woodward, I give him a call and make him turn it down.

I don't think it's as crazy as it sounds, I think Huggins would at least listen to an offer, from the right school, right situation.
Captain Pablo
AG
He's 0-5

Hell yeah. Hire him
EXCELL
Perfect fit
Post removed:
by user
Method Man
I'd give rick majerus a call while we're at it.
Titan83
AG
I would rather be 0-5 than 1-4.
Complete Idiot
I thought when I opened this it would say he had died
JaySugar
Ok I cracked up at that!
LesterHaze

He has been to the NCAA post season 23 times in 26 years. Roughly twice as many as Texas A&M basketball in over 100 years. There is a much better chance of hiring John Wooden.

You want funny? Mention Bob Huggins and Aggie basketball in the same sentence.

agfan2332
Not to be mean, but Scott Woodward would be wasting his time calling Huggs. He's WVU through and through. A&M would have a better chance at landing Elvis
94chem
Method Man said:

I'd give rick majerus a call while we're at it.

A good man who knew as much ball as anybody. The Bill Snyder of basketball coaches, and sadly, the Mark Mangino of eating.
GE
AG
LesterHaze said:

He has been to the NCAA post season 23 times in 26 years. Roughly twice as many as Texas A&M basketball in over 100 years. There is a much better chance of hiring John Wooden.

You want funny? Mention Bob Huggins and Aggie basketball in the same sentence.
In Morgantown Bob Huggins' team beat an Aggie Basketball team by four points in a game in which Chase Carlton and Chris Collins played a combined 35 minutes.

10 months later Bob Huggins' team played Aggie Basketball again and this happened:

Hire him. Seriously.
Serious Lee
gregg marshall is .500 this year and 1-3 in conference. lets money whip the s**t outta him Ags!
GE
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

gregg marshall is .500 this year and 1-3 in conference. lets money whip the s**t outta him Ags!
damn right. I don't think the crowd that says we have to go washed up NCAA rules violator or midmajor is aiming high enough. Marshall, Huggins, etc... should be right in the wheelhouse and we should have both coaches in Virginia on the list as well.
EXCELL
Quote:

washed up NCAA rules violator
Is that "washed up" comment supposed to be about Sampson?

If so, I can only hope that we can find somebody as washed up as he is.
GE
AG
EXCELL said:

Quote:

washed up NCAA rules violator
Is that "washed up" comment supposed to be about Sampson?

If so, I can only hope that we can find somebody as washed up as he is.
Washed up was not specifically directed at Sampson and was also probably not the right word. Really just talking generally about these older coaches that have been around forever and have some shadiness in their past (or present). Sampson probably fits in that category but he's not who I was thinking about.
BurnetAggie99
Buzz doesn't have a buyout for 2019-2020 season. Here's his latest contract info on buyouts.

Williams's buyout for 2016 remains $1.5 million and tapers to $500,000 by 2020. The buyout was increased by $250,000 for the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons. There was no buyout for the 2019-20 season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.