What a disgrace

5,289 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ags #1
basic8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EXCELL said:

I'm not sure that's possible. He had quite a record.
yeah, that's true. Hard to tell what was him trying to change a half century culture or him being...well, Billy.
mntamu23
Yeah, it's beyond time for Kennedy to go.
mosesrab90
AG
Do you ass clowns even watch cbb? If I offered you Boeheim 15 years ago you'd have my baby. What's he done in 40 years? Won 1000+ games. How many titles and final 4s? He your guy?

Rick Barnes wasn't in our pay grade when Turgeon bailed on us. Bruce Pearl will be in prison before he wins a natty. We did the Kermit cheating deal. Some of u smart guys wanted Frank Martin. Billy Donovan can't recruit so forget him. Roy Williams?? How's he doing this year in the hot bed of college basketball? We dust off Bobby Knight?

So .. when one of you is ready to step up and fund our on campus arena (my plan) - call me and we'll split the naming rights. I'm ready to write my check - already have. Otherwise - show up or shut up. Our kids wanna ball, get their ring and graduate.

Gig Em and BTHO Missou

And no I don't go to church with Sam
TMF
AG
mosesrab90 said:

Do you ass clowns even watch cbb? If I offered you Boeheim 15 years ago you'd have my baby. What's he done in 40 years? Won 1000+ games. How many titles and final 4s? He your guy?

Rick Barnes wasn't in our pay grade when Turgeon bailed on us. Bruce Pearl will be in prison before he wins a natty. We did the Kermit cheating deal. Some of u smart guys wanted Frank Martin. Billy Donovan can't recruit so forget him. Roy Williams?? How's he doing this year in the hot bed of college basketball? We dust off Bobby Knight?

So .. when one of you is ready to step up and fund our on campus arena (my plan) - call me and we'll split the naming rights. I'm ready to write my check - already have. Otherwise - show up or shut up. Our kids wanna ball, get their ring and graduate.

Gig Em and BTHO Missou

And no I don't go to church with Sam

I think you forgot this is a message board. Just because most here can't write the check to replace BK doesn't mean he doesn't suck and we can't voice it. Fund the full naming rights or shut up broke ass.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Imagine if we were t.u. and had Rick Barnes go dancing 16 out of 17 years and then fire the guy only to watch him be leading arguably the best team in the nation-the real UT.

Then imagine us not even making the CBI or whatever the hell it's called.

Turns out nice guys do finish last. As I've said, if BK had a shred of dignity he'd step down by noon. Anybody want free tickets for the rest of the season (other than the UT game)?
Houstonag
AG
I turned off the TV in the 2nd half. Just fed up.

We have had lack of leadership and true management skill on both the men's and women's
Program for a good while. Now, I can just wait for the Blair cheering squad to come out and disagree.
It is real simple. These two guys are not getting it done. We will never win an SEC championship with either because they cannot recruit or develop players. There is always chaos on the women's team and the men's is always dealing with discipline not to mention lack of effective coaching. Last nights game against Auburn showed clearly the poor coaching. We played reckless and no defense. Kennedy rarelly has a good defensive game. He does not produce it for some reason.

Now will the president and AD act. I doubt it.
Sananag
ironmanag said:

Fire the guy that got us Jimbo.
one decision does not define a career.
DukeMu
AgsNguyen said:

The perfect announcer statements to sum up Bk as my teams coach. "Looked like his own guy was playing defense against him"

"No it looked like his own guy fouled him"

Year 8 folks

Dakich brigning some truth. He doesn't hold back. Obnoxious, but I like him.
Aston04
AG
DukeMu said:

AgsNguyen said:

The perfect announcer statements to sum up Bk as my teams coach. "Looked like his own guy was playing defense against him"

"No it looked like his own guy fouled him"

Year 8 folks

Dakich brigning some truth. He doesn't hold back. Obnoxious, but I like him.

Only one other announcer has dared to call out Bk's incompetence and that's Jay Bilas. Most happily share the excuses and talk fishing, etc. when get blown out.
#Mke
AG
Aston04 said:

Bucketrunner said:

Since Artie McFerrin died, is there even one major donor who gives a rat's ass about men's basketball? This program has been an embarrassment for a while. (Two S16 appearances is not a success for a school like A & M)

yes- Torn....and he is church buddies with our coach.

Apparently wives are tight as well. A force behind bks career here. Meantime, the program gets screwed.
Shocking....the guy behind the Kyle Field DJ and the "Fightin' Texas Aggie First Down" yell is the guy that's got BK hanging around. Really starting to not like that guy
SA-AG72
AG
I still cannot get beyond this:
Quote:

Everything they do well we don't do well," A&M coach Billy Kennedy said. "It was a tough matchup for us.

Do we do anything well?
1974ag
AG
We don't deserve a good coach and I'll tell you why! I have had season tickets for men's basketball for last 12 years and drove over hour during week to attend games. I didn't renew this year because I knew what was about to happen. Besides the Billy days we don't have good crowds consistently. Even the recent sweet 16 teams would have horrible crowds for good games! The students today just don't follow basketball much. Let's face it we are a football school. Until some big donor gets excited about basketball we won't get a big name coach to come here!
1974ag
AG
We don't deserve a good coach and I'll tell you why! I have had season tickets for men's basketball for last 12 years and drove over hour during week to attend games. I didn't renew this year because I knew what was about to happen. Besides the Billy days we don't have good crowds consistently. Even the recent sweet 16 teams would have horrible crowds for good games! The students today just don't follow basketball much. Let's face it we are a football school. Until some big donor gets excited about basketball we won't get a big name coach to come here!
greg.w.h
AG
basic8 said:

Jbob88 said:

PlanoAg98 said:

Outside of the top 5 paid men BB coaches, we should be able to poach any others.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

Which one do we want?
Eric Musselman of #10 Nevada (17-1)
would piss off everyone in the Athletic Dept. quicker than Billy.

And that's bad because the AD couldn't get along with BCG? Or because an easy to get along coach wins ballgames???
EXCELL
I don't think you understand.

BCG didn't get along with anybody in the athletic departments at A&M and Kentucky. It's not a one guy issue. He was abusive and caustic to nearly everybody nearly all the of the time.
PatAg
AG
1974ag said:

except that's just talking about the team under BK. We've also said repeatedly, you dont have to hire a big name coach to have success in college basketball
Animal72
AG
Abitaholic said:

Yep. But it's the way of the future. What recruit in their right mind would come here? Should have brought in Barnes....he's turned UT into a program. But no....we keep sleepy Kennedy. Yawn. Wake me up after the administrations basketball hibernation.
Yes! Barnes is a hell of a coach! Look what he has done at Tennessee. Watched him back in the day when he was at Clemson against UNC. He got in "God" Dean Smith's face at the scorers' table and they had to be separated by the refs. Apparently Dean had said something to one of Rick's players and Rick's response was "You coach your team, I'll coach mine!" Tar Heel fans still hate him! Oh, well, too late now.
Method Man
Aggie BMAs can not be shamed when it comes to b-ball.
Animal72
AG
1974ag said:

Exactly what I said on another post. Same old 5000 people that used to pack G. Rollie back in the day. A school with 60,000 students and lousy attendance. Why would any "name" coach want the job? No tradition of winning and horrible support.
claym711
AG
Who's the guy claiming to be ready to fund a new arena?

Also, not sure if I'm missing his sarcasm or something, but every coach on that list would be an upgrade, including Martin.

Kennedy should have lost his job after the year 1 disaster.
tehmackdaddy
AG
BrandoC said:

Jimbo could coach this team better and win more games than Billy Kennedy.

Yes! We just need toughness, effort, discipline, pride, and grit!

And eye discipline!
Ags #1
AG
No need for the Parkinson's dig
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.