*****Aggies vs. #14 Auburn*****

10,256 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EXCELL
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old SWC call on Nebo. In those days, all blocked shots were called fouls, because, you know, blocking a shot is against the known laws of old white guy physics.
txag72
AG
Fairchild if you are talking to me, you are preaching to the choir. Just because I put the blame on US, not BK. Only WE can change things.
Bunk Moreland
basic8 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

This color guy is shredding the Ags effort.
Dan Dakich' played for Knight, and coached for him. Had a feeling he might speak up.

Yeah I know. I had just turned the game on and didn't realize he was calling this one. Definitely not one to hold back.

He and Ravech were appreciative of Gilly's efforts this past football season though
zooguy96
LOL - blaming the fans when it's the coach's fault.
cevans_40
AG
txag72 said:

Fairchild if you are talking to me, you are preaching to the choir. Just because I put the blame on US, not BK. Only WE can change things.

What do you propose WE do? Cause WE ain't going to watch this clown show and our absence should speak volumes.
BQ_90
AG
Refs must have dinner reservations and want to end the game
PatAg
AG
cevans_40 said:

txag72 said:

What do you propose WE do? Cause WE ain't going to watch this clown show and our absence should speak volumes.
but then you are a bad AG, you can't win
greg.w.h
AG
I think Nebo touched the video board on that goaltend.
94chem
How many 3s have gone in and out tonight?
PatAg
AG
I'm sure constant talk of how bad things are gets old to some people, it's just hard to NOT talk about it.
94chem
And so many more have looked like me playing a carnival game?
wacarnolds
AG
Is there a draft in Reed?
cevans_40
AG
BQ_90 said:

Refs must have dinner reservations and want to end the game

They are doing us a huge favor
greg.w.h
AG
PatAg said:

I'm sure constant talk of how bad things are gets old to some people, it's just hard to NOT talk about it.

I think toning it down in the game thread is friendly and supportive to the TexAgs business. But they don't mind generating noise and traffic and eyeballs so there is a balance imho.
greg.w.h
AG
wacarnolds said:

Is there a draft in Reed?

Brr...it's cold up here...
mhayden
txag72 said:

Quote:

We may care more about football in general, but there are plenty of areas in Texas that are really into basketball. They may not go watch bad basketball though. That's a different discussion.
This is a chicken or the egg situation. If we dump BK and go about the program like we have for however many years, there will be no change in the culture.

Under Melvin Watkins our national attendance average was outside the Top 100.

Under Billy Gillsipie and Mark Turgeon our national attendance average was Top 50.

Under Billy Kennedy our national attendance average will be outside the Top 70 after this season.

Don't sit there and spew this BS that we have to have some dynamite hire to "change the culture". We DID change the culture with the shift from Melvin to BCG/MT.

It was Billy Kennedy's time here that has cratered the "culture" -- not the lack of a premiere hire.

It's factually incorrect. Stop saying it.
zooguy96
Starks 3-13 shooting, 0-4 3 pt, 5 turnovers, 2 assists. Typical ****ty game.
PatAg
AG
free_mhayden said:

txag72 said:

Quote:

We may care more about football in general, but there are plenty of areas in Texas that are really into basketball. They may not go watch bad basketball though. That's a different discussion.
This is a chicken or the egg situation. If we dump BK and go about the program like we have for however many years, there will be no change in the culture.

Under Billy Gillsipie and Mark Turgeon our national attendance average was Top 50.

Under Billy Kennedy our national attendance average will be outside the Top 70 after this season.

Don't sit there and spew this BS that we have to have some dynamite hire to "change the culture". We DID change the culture with the shift from Melvin to BCG/MT.

It was Billy Kennedy's time here that has cratered the "culture" -- not the lack of a premiere hire.

and I wouldn't say Billy or Mark were "breaking the bank"
greg.w.h
AG
85-66 Auburn
BaytownAg13
AG
If Starks is going to play this way with this effort I would almost say we're better with Collins on the court. That three he just jacked up was pitiful.
cevans_40
AG
BaytownAg13 said:

If Starks is going to play this way with this effort I would almost say we're better with Collins on the court. That three he just jacked up was pitiful.

Oh Jesus. He had a terrible night. Let's not blame a 20 point beat down on one player.
mhayden
PatAg said:

free_mhayden said:

txag72 said:

Quote:

Nor were they really super-duper successful - we finished ranked Top 20 once in those 7 combined seasons.

But we put out a competent, well coached team all 7 seasons.

That alone got us a Top 50 national attendance during that span.

Just think what we could do if we actually strung together some Top 20 seasons?

The fans are there -- they just know good basketball and they know crap basketball.
BaytownAg13
AG
cevans_40 said:

BaytownAg13 said:

Oh Jesus. He had a terrible night. Let's not blame a 20 point beat down on one player.

I'm not blaming the loss on one player. Team defense was terrible tonight as well. I'm just asking for consistent effort from him. It shouldn't be too big of an ask.
jmcfar_98
AG
Has he had a good game yet. Made a miracle shot and that's about it for him this year. Really disappointing.
EXCELL
So was the one at Bama off the glass no less but it won the game

How much difference a couple of days makes
PatAg
AG
free_mhayden said:

PatAg said:

free_mhayden said:

txag72 said:

Quote:

Nor were they really super-duper successful - we finished ranked Top 20 once in those 7 combined seasons.

The fans are there -- they just know good basketball and they know crap basketball.
Wow, I would not have guess it was just once.
wasntme
basic8 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

This color guy is shredding the Ags effort.
Dan Dakich' played for Knight, and coached for him. Had a feeling he might speak up.
Maybe he can drop his resume off before leaving College Station.
basic8
PatAg said:

free_mhayden said:

PatAg said:

free_mhayden said:

txag72 said:

Quote:

Wow, I would not have guess it was just once.
Reinforces the fact fan appeal and pride are big factors in a Program. Of course winning is tops, but I'd venture to say most of a fan base didn't know how much fun it could be (no experience), and assumed top twenty type results had happened every year during those 2 regimes.

Now, was that lightening in a bottle for a starved fan base? Or, had a new culture been built, attracting new fans. who attracted more new fans, and players, and expectations? Wonder what the difference just in Texags traffic was?
EXCELL
"lightening in a bottle"

That's called bleach

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.