Gambling with the Ags

2,031 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EXCELL
Jorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anybody besides Hop think we will finish above .500 in the SEC? I know I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise. I'm thinking about putting a small amount on the ags lose straight up each game. If anybody would be interested to follow and see how it goes. My thought process is that if we go more than 2 games under I probably break even. Anything better than that would be a decent surprise and make the season bearable. The only time I won't pick them straight up to lose is if they're favored, in that case I will take the opposing team to cover.

*Edit*
vs Arkansas +135 (W)
@Ketucky -1700 (W)
@Bama -320 (L)
Total lost: $15
Total winnings: $35.87
BLM
Mikeyshooter
AG
Ags favored by 3.5 today.
Method Man
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/teams/team-page.cfm/team/texas-am

greg.w.h
AG
Method Man said:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/teams/team-page.cfm/team/texas-am

And I thought it was depressing looking at our straight up record...
GE
AG
Not_Andrew_Hazelwood said:

Does anybody besides Hop think we will finish above .500 in the SEC? I know I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise. I'm thinking about putting a small amount on the ags lose straight up each game. If anybody would be interested to follow and see how it goes. My thought process is that if we go more than 2 games under I probably break even. Anything better than that would be a decent surprise and make the season bearable. The only time I won't pick them straight up to lose is if they're favored, in that case I will take the opposing team to cover.
Based on everything he has written that I have read, Hop does not think we will finish above .500 in the SEC.

Interested in following this though, please post your results. I think probably the money line will eat up all your winnings when A&M does lose.
zooguy96
No, we will not finish above .500. BK has only done that twice when he's had NBA talent. His overall conference winning percentage is below .500. It's his history.
Jorf
AG
I took Arky straight up today (+135) I decided to do $15 a game. (Except this week because I had $2.62 in bonus rewards) I put down $17.62 to win $23.79.
BLM
Hickory High
AG
I don't normally bet more than $2 or $3 on individual games, but I out $8 on Arkansas today. I must be missing something, but there's no way we should be favored like we are.
Isaih Smollett
The problem with your idea is games like tonight won't pay out anything for a Kentucky win. The more we lose, the more >10 point lines, the less you can win. Of course it won't matter with you already in the green if we don't win a single game
Jorf
AG
Yeah I think I would win like a little more than a buck. I knew going in that I would be faced with these decisions. Maybe the line will drop a little bit and can put it on Kentucky to cover 10.5 or 9.5 if I buy some points l.
BLM
EXCELL
EXCELL

Quote:

A lot of folks here got upset when I said we are money machine. That graphic proves it.

Bet against us covering the line and you're highly likely to win. Do it repeatedly and you're going to come out ahead.

Jorf
AG
Good thing I stayed with the money line. Extra dollar in my pocket instead of losing 15.
BLM
Hop
Staff
AG
Not_Andrew_Hazelwood said:

*Edit*
vs Arkansas +135 (W)
Total bets lost:
Total winnings: $41.41
I'm predicting this team to finish above .500? I was predicting around .500 when we thought Gilder was playing.
Jorf
AG
Update after TJ Starks buzzer beater. That game is why I decided to do this. That was fun to experience and see our guys win a tough game. I'm still up a little under 10 bucks after that game.
BLM
Jorf
AG
In gonna be honest Hop, I hadn't read any basketball posts since the middle of December, my apologies.
BLM
EXCELL
Quote:

I'm still up a little under 10 bucks after that game.
Almost enough to buy the big size popcorn at a game.
Don't spend it all in one place.
Method Man
Was that a popcorn protest post Excell? If so, nice work.
EXCELL
It is ...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.