Gilder put indefinitely

5,446 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by greg.w.h
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tendinitis is one thing, but when I hear 'health issue', I just hope it isn't anything too serious for his sake. Best wishes from one of his fans for Admon.
claym711
AG
"Health issues" sounds like a billy transfer special
CactusThomas
AG
claym711 said:

"Health issues" sounds like a billy transfer special

Are you serious?
PatAg
AG
claym711 said:

Billyball has been unwatchable for years. Just wasting time with this coach. His firing is inevitable.
For real, at least in the past I felt like there was a chance our players could still get the win on their own.
SunrayAg
AG
claym711 said:

Billyball has been unwatchable for years. Just wasting time with this coach. His firing is inevitable.

A thread about our best player being out with a medical issue, and the dumb, whiny, pretend fan turns it into a personal attack on the coach.

Just pathetic!

wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Tendinitis is one thing, but when I hear 'health issue', I just hope it isn't anything too serious for his sake. Best wishes from one of his fans for Admon.

It's serious, but also treatable. And fortunately the issue was found before becoming threatening.
Artimus Gordon
I think I heard the announcers during the game say what it was. And if true it is infinitely more serious than tendonitis. If so his best bet is is to forget about basketball for awhile until it is completely cleared up. I wouldn't count on him coming back for awhile! Wishing admon a speedy and complete recovery!
claym711
AG
SunrayAg said:

claym711 said:

A thread about our best player being out with a medical issue, and the dumb, whiny, pretend fan turns it into a personal attack on the coach.

Just pathetic!

Glad you've been overseeing the death of Aggie basketball. Keep carrying that torch
agfan1030
So was the original post (twitter - don't remember who posted it/TexAgs) premature or incorrect. I saw the diagnosis before it disappeared but it seems to be hush hush as no one is repeating it. All I heard during the game was "health issue" and not specific.
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggie1205 said:

I'm not sure who is even an ardent supporter at this point. I think most just dont see why every thread delves into BK bashing. Just wish Admon the best and leave it at that.

Your trying to police this board will help even less than your eagle eye policing on the baseball board
Hop
Staff
AG
Here's the deal. If you are going to make light of a player's health issue and make a joke of it from this point forward, you will get a permanent ban from this website.
expresswrittenconsent
Until the player transfers. Then, (kyler, Kyle Allen, jj Caldwell, alex robinson) it is allowed.
Double Diamond
Hope Gilder gets healthy.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm going to offer that we see no evidence of an intentional medical grayshirt by Gilder so he can transfer. So lacking any evidence suggesting it is somewhere between merely dumb and vicious.

I'm not usually a fan of censorship, but this sounds like a clear enough position that it could be extended to any untruthful claims of health status as well as attempts to use health for levity. The perms-ban being the worst case offense and appropriate communication/suspensions for lesser offenses in order to help participants understand the bright, clear lines and rules.

I would add that similar rules regarding former players wouldn't necessarily be a terrible idea, though those might be less sensitive regarding casual information TexAgs staff runs across due to their somewhat unique access to the campus.
greg.w.h
AG
Correct me if I'm wrong, Hop: TexAgs staff strongly prefer we use the flagging system to bring attention to potentially problematic posts rather than conversing in the thread about the problem? Just want to confirm the desired approach.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.