*****Aggies @ #3 Gonzaga*****

37,502 Views | 405 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CDub06
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rick Barnes??
eATMup-Reveille
Ags #1 said:

There was zero reason to extend a guy nobody wanted. Apparently everyone knew that except the ad. It is what it is. This is what Aggie hoops will be for a couple of years unless we buyout bk
The ONLY hope is to gather enough talent to offset his coaching deficiencies. It's happened before.
Scoop monster
Blindside05 said:

Has there ever been a coach that made the sweet 16 2 out of 3 years yet the fan base still can't wait to see him leave?

He lucked into getting to the sweet sixteen the first time and we caught a cold North Carolina when we were playing our best. That has nothing to do with how good of a team you've coached throughout the year.
Method Man
Sub more get Collins more minutes
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
OasisMan said:

they went zone, we may not score again

if we had half the movement they had on O

Yep. Sorry for the basketball game talk on this thread.
Aggie1205
AG
Chandler gets a T and has fouled out. One less guard now.
Scoop monster
I'm glad to see some emotion from someone finally. At least one of these guys care about being embarrassed on national tv.
Aggie1205
AG
Going to be walk ons vs walk ons here soon.........
Blindside05
AG
Scoop monster said:

Blindside05 said:

Has there ever been a coach that made the sweet 16 2 out of 3 years yet the fan base still can't wait to see him leave?

He lucked into getting to the sweet sixteen the first time and we caught a cold North Carolina when we were playing our best. That has nothing to do with how good of a team you've coached throughout the year.

Trust me, I'm not defending him. Just find it funny how everyone, except the ones that matter, can see we made it despite him. Not bc of him
Aggie1205
AG
Another shot clock violation.
ja86
AG
Is anyone really suprised? we can't deal with uci at home, what happens when you go to a basketball school, you loose big. Why all the hate? This team is what it is.
Aggie1205
AG
Plenty of things to complain about but I'll just call out positives from this game.

Starks played better this game.
Flagg joined the offense in the second half. Mekoluku looked good for stretches.
Walker showed some touch around the rim.
Ags #1
AG
Where was Nebo? He played well first 2 games
Olsen
AG
It could've been worse but we kept them under 100.
mazag08
AG
Scoop monster said:

Blindside05 said:

I'm not defending Kennedy, but Jesus Christ you guys are insufferable when you try to throw our own program achievements under the bus to make your point. We didn't just magically luck into UNC playing their worst game ever. We took it to them for the entire game and embarrassed them. We were the better team and it wasn't close. They had NOTHING that could slow down our bigs. Their onky hope was to shoot lights out.

For the love of god, stop tearing down your own team because you hate the coach.
CypressAg09
AG
Sorry I kept pushing it. More frustrated with the team than anything.
Ags #1
AG
Serious question. Do you like barrel aged stouts
mazag08
AG
Ags #1 said:

Serious question. Do you like barrel aged stouts

Yes?
aggie_bryan
AG
mazag08 said:

Scoop monster said:

Blindside05 said:

I'm not defending Kennedy, but Jesus Christ you guys are insufferable when you try to throw our own program achievements under the bus to make your point. We didn't just magically luck into UNC playing their worst game ever. We took it to them for the entire game and embarrassed them. We were the better team and it wasn't close. They had NOTHING that could slow down our bigs. Their onky hope was to shoot lights out.

For the love of god, stop tearing down your own team because you hate the coach.

I tend to agree to a point. We don't need to downplay the accomplishments of any of the past teams. What we (and the AD) should be looking at is the poor play. The basketball that Bk 'coaches' is boring and undisciplined. How times have even announcers been apprehensive and critical of our coaching?

Defenders of BK (and the AD) like to point to poor attendance numbers as proof that basketball simply isn't a priority at A&M because the fans and support isn't at an acceptable level.

How many times has the basketball team had a big game at Reed arena with a dexent turnout only to come out FLAT and uninspired? Too many times and yet people wonder why our attendance is waning. Students and fans need to see something that says, "yep, the team is going to come and perform" and show us that they're here to play. I can think of plenty of single games that we win and start raising expectations only to take two steps back. It's Immensely frustrating.

I'm sure Bk defenders will come back with "well what about after our sweet 16 appearances? Why isn't attendance up". All you have to do is look at the past two games this season. Flat, uninspired basketball and that's on the coach. Teams that have our resources don't lose to UC Irvine. They don't accept that, even for a scrimmage and you want to know why? Because the EXPECT their coach to recruit a bench capable of taking care of business.

The student body and fans aren't idiots. Stop blaming them for poor support.
We are the Aggies,the Aggies are WE! True to each other, as Aggies can be!
vettmaster99
AG
Terrible.
Sorry Your Girl Lost. CNN is the enemy of the people and should be treated as such. Orange man bad.
CDub06
AG
On the plus side, the Gonzaga student section was nuts. Best student section I've ever seen. They were noisy, engaged & just having a blast the entire game - even when they were up 30. That was worth the price of admission.
johnnyblaze36
AG
CDub06 said:

On the plus side, the Gonzaga student section was nuts. Best student section I've ever seen. They were noisy, engaged & just having a blast the entire game - even when they were up 30. That was worth the price of admission.
Just got done watching and this a solid post. I watch the Zags like all of us in March Madness but can't recall watching one of their home games before.

The "UC-Irvine" chants stung and were perfect. Reminds me of the good ol' days of Aggie baseball trolling in the late 80's.

And I'm so happy BK just built a new house here. Guy will still be robbing us blind for a full decade before long. I'm just wondering how in the world he gets good recruits.

If I was a great, blue chip basketball player (I'm decent but short) I wouldn't even let the guy in my living room.

This team sucks.
DukeMu
Reno Hightower said:

BK is recruiting great talent. When the in-coming signing class hits the floor at Reed we will be rolling again!

BK - but our guys are hurt (like other teams don't get injuries)

but, but next year's recruiting (only 1 Top 100 player at 89 - very solid, but will take years to make a different). Excuses built in.

[note: 2015 5 Top 100, 3 top 50]

Rinse and repeat. No accountability.

This type of thinking = "trash," but nothing will change.

Buckle up for a long year... next few years. The SEC is stocked full of good coaches now.

monarch
S
Did I see "up 30?" Are you kidding? When I went to sleep, we were down 2 in the 1st half. My gosh, what the hell was the final?
Artimus Gordon
Another blowout loss to BK's resume! Better hold on to your seat we're in for another year of Kraptastic Kennedy basketball! Now Going on 6 of the last 8. Heck even our good years end in non competitive blowout losses!
Deputy Travis Junior
Ouch. How'd we look last night? Stats say we kept the first half semi-competitive before Gonzaga trounced us in the second. I see Starks only took 3 3s, though, which I'm going to take as a positive.
TyperWoods
They lost me at halftime when they were down 10 after staying close most of the half.

Free throw shooting looked like it returned to form...that's to say bad.

Too much standing around on offense and not running an offense.

I realize Starks kept us in the game but he's jacking up too many shots to quickly.

Encouraged by the defensive play of some of the bigs.
CypressAg09
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Ouch. How'd we look last night? Stats say we kept the first half semi-competitive before Gonzaga trounced us in the second. I see Starks only took 3 3s, though, which I'm going to take as a positive.
We kept it close for the most of the first half. It was tied after the first 15 minutes. Zags went on a run to get a 10 point lead before the half and then ran away with it in the second half. Offense was pretty terrible with multiple shot clock violations. Starks looked better in the first half, but didn't do much in the second half. Second half was pretty hard to watch.
CDub06
AG
Second half was ugly. Guys were trying to play 1 on 1 ball and were getting absolutely owned. Shots were falling in the 2nd half for Gonzaga that weren't going in the first half. As the half progressed, the Ags got more & more frustrated. It's not a cohesive team right now. We were dominated in the paint and the outside shots weren't going (still). Savion seems to have a calming presence - he's an important piece for this team.
Aston04
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Collins is not doing well this game
haha... people still surprised... collins historically is especially bad on the road... (opposing team fans chanting his name, etc).... The fact 3 years later we are still playing him is 100% on bk's poor roster management.

Quote:

No one on here wants Collins to play serious minutes. You arent posting anything profound by saying that. We cant play with only 3 healthy guards all game. No reason still to call a player trash.
When this happens EVERY season Collins is here it's a problem. BK insists on finding ways to play him... instead of figuring out how to keep an average d-3 level player (at best frankly) off the floor.
Aston04
AG

nm
Isaih Smollett
People didn't believe me when I said Collins would get his minutes
jeffdjohnson
Collins isn't the problem. He is a walk-on who tries hard. Can't ask anything more from him. Frustration with Collins is just a proxy for Kennedy. Collins getting big minutes for the 3rd straight year is a constant reminder that our head coach was unable to use our scholarships to find a better player. I'm guilty of watching the games and being frustrated by Collins, but in hindsight that was misplaced.
SACR
AG

I just want to know why we never have any depth. From what I recall, we only had depth one season, 2015-16, when the Davis-Hogg-Gilder class were freshmen.

Last year, we had an injury, oh, there's the excuse for losing a bunch of games.

This year, we're missing two starters,well, we can't expect to win.

How is it that every other team in the nation deals with injuries by putting in a backup and still continues to play good basketball and win, but we lose a guy, and that's it, 20 loss season incoming?

Why do the BK Apologists work overtime for him?

It's like the guy is complete Teflon, and nothing is ever his fault. If we lose a game, it's injuries or the students didn't show up, it's never because he did a shyte job preparing the team.

And the BKA think the regular students and fans are completely blind idiots, like your average fan doesn't recognize bad basketball when s/he sees it. We plays bad basketball under Kennedy, a lot of it, and it isn't entertaining, and it isn't fun, and it doesn't attract fans. Stop blaming the students for finding something better to do than watch an un-entertaining product that loses on the court.

---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
zooguy96
Coaching matters. Bottom line.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.