Hop thinks the team is going to be 9-9 in league play

4,237 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jnocar
2nd Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No chance in hell of that happening. Hell they were 9-9 last year with 4 pro players. This team will finish no better than 6-12
EO718
GE
AG
Your middle point is stupid
Aston04
AG
Sadly have to agree- probably 6-12 is right.

Tonight should have been a great matchup for us and we still lost at home. Good luck against bigger, more physical teams that will dominate us inside.
Bunk Moreland
This team has a hell of a lot of improving to do even with the addition of Gilder and Mitchell to get there.

I see a couple bright spots and way too many supplemental pieces.
CypressAg09
AG
I'll take that bet. $100 says we finish better than 6-12
t - cam
AG
12thMan2012 said:

Hop thinks BK is a good coach
Hop is stupid

Hop doesn't think Kennedy is a good coach. He just likes to argue sometimes accurately when he gets blame when he shouldn't.
CypressAg09
AG
t - cam said:

12thMan2012 said:

Hop thinks BK is a good coach
Hop is stupid

Hop doesn't think Kennedy is a good coach. He just likes to argue sometimes accurately when he gets blame when he shouldn't.
Hes repeatedly said he thinks BK should have never got an extension
12thMan2012
AG
Don't defend Hop
He's part of the problem
VedderAg
AG
This team will finish around 17-14 and 8-10 in conference play. And we will believe it was positive.
2nd Generation Ag
Ok maybe 7-11,,, maybe 8-10 doesn't matter its going to be a long long year
EO718
CypressAg09
AG
2nd Generation Ag said:

Ok maybe 7-11,,, maybe 8-10 doesn't matter its going to be a long long year
So no bet?
Tobias Funke
AG
I can't imagine a more frothing at the mouth but maybe I don't mean it thread than this one. No wonder the sunshine pumpers don't take anyone seriously around here
LawHall88
AG
12thMan2012 said:

Don't defend Hop
He's part of the problem
Wait, what?
Serious Lee
t - cam said:

ding ding. he just likes to be a contrarian as much as anyone. you can tell from his e-feuds with bobinator over the most minuscule stuff
PatAg
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

t - cam said:

ding ding. he just likes to be a contrarian as much as anyone. you can tell from his e-feuds with bobinator over the most minuscule stuff
That's not being contrarian.
Hop
Staff
AG
2nd Generation Ag said:

No chance in hell of that happening. Hell they were 9-9 last year with 4 pro players. This team will finish no better than 6-12
I said this team COULD go 9-9 in SEC play if Starks played with maturity and control this season...which obviously he has not.

I never stated with confidence what I expected the team would do. Posters asked me what this team is capable of doing, and I provided my opinion explicitly saying that I did not have a high level of confidence given the many new players and the unknowns on the roster. I still feel the this team is CAPABLE of going 9-9, but that now means these two injured players need to return and make the type of impact that matches their talent on paper. Now, it;s not looking good after Kennedy's ominous statements about Gilder's status in the post-game presser...so my hope is definitely waning on this team reaching that capability, but a month and a half is a long time and we'll see what happens.

So you significantly misrepresented my comments. Here's what I posted in my Q&A thread on premium after Wednesday's game...

"We were told TJ Starks had become a smarter and more efficient player going into his sophomore year. That wasn't the case tonight. Maybe he was too amped up for the season opener, or maybe he is what he is. I'll say this, if he is what he was tonight, A&M will struggle most of the season."
Hop
Staff
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

t - cam said:

I don't have e-feuds with bobinator. We are friends. We hang out and tailgate before every game. Other than his frequent tweeting of insignificant events in his life where he's essentially talking to himself and filling up my Twitter feed, I'm fine with bobinator. :-)
Hop
Staff
AG
LawHall88 said:

12thMan2012 said:

Don't defend Hop
He's part of the problem
Wait, what?
This guy doesn't bother to actually absorb what I post. If I'm not calling Kennedy an incompetent toad, then it must mean I fully support the coaching capabilities of the man.
agtrevino07
AG
Previously, i compared Joe Jones' ongoing knee problems with Gilder's ongoing injury in terms of limiting their true game potential. However, it is unclear to me if Gilder is carrying over the same injury from last year or if it's a new one. Either way, is worrisome that the staff has not been able to bring him back 100%.
2nd Generation Ag
To me if Admon is hurt this early in the season you consider redshirting him. It doesn't do him or the team any good to play through an injury at 50% all year.
EO718
Ol Jock 99
AG
What was said about Gilder in the post game?
Serious Lee
hes getting reevaluated and theyll know more next week. sounds alot more dire than they initially thought
JJxvi
AG
You would think people would stop believing how much better they are told that our players are getting before every season when it almost never is true.
Conner4real
AG
I do love overreactions with a small sample size.

All while missing 2 starters. FFS.
DukeMu
lol No. This is a 0.500 squad overall.

We allowed UCI to shoot 52.7% FG and 42.9% 3FG
DukeMu
2nd Generation Ag said:

To me if Admon is hurt this early in the season you consider redshirting him. It doesn't do him or the team any good to play through an injury at 50% all year.

Admon's career is certainly not worth BK's. Redshirt him.
EXCELL
Those two starters would have called a timeout?
mhayden
Gilder isnt hanging around another year.
DukeMu
free_mhayden said:

Where's he going? Euroball?
mhayden
DukeMu said:

free_mhayden said:

Where's he going? Euroball?

I would assume so.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Quote:

Don't defend Hop

He's part of the problem

I'm not positive, but I don't think Hop is the athletic director or one of the handful of donors intent on continually enhancing Kennedy's contract.
Method Man
We are lucky to have Hop even if y'all disagree with him.
Hop
Staff
AG
agtrevino07 said:

Previously, i compared Joe Jones' ongoing knee problems with Gilder's ongoing injury in terms of limiting their true game potential. However, it is unclear to me if Gilder is carrying over the same injury from last year or if it's a new one. Either way, is worrisome that the staff has not been able to bring him back 100%.

New issue...
Wicked Good Ag
Method Man said:

We are lucky to have Hop even if y'all disagree with him.

Hop is passionate about the program just sit nearby him during the games and you will realize.
I usually agree with most of his takes but when I disagree or others do he tends to think his opinion is the only one that has merit when there are many points that come from different directions that are good
GE
AG
Hop said:

agtrevino07 said:

New issue...
New issue just from last year or new issue with respect to what he's been dealing with this season so far?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.