Amazing insight from Andy Katz

4,110 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sananag
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the full weight of being an official NCAA employee, he really brings some valuable analysis:

Quote:

11. How will Texas A&M handle the talent drain? Losing Tyler Davis, Admon Gilder and Robert Williams is a big hit. But the Aggies have been able to withstand transition under Billy Kennedy. And there is plenty of reason to believe TJ Starks and Savion Flagg can be the anchors to keep the Aggies relevant throughout the season. There is a lot to replace here, but the Aggies haven't disappointed under Kennedy in terms of versatility and active players around the rim. This will be one of those SEC teams that should clearly be a much different product in February than what you see in November.
GE
AG
I dont know whether to feel sorry for or scornful towards people that are either expected to churn out so much content that they dont have time to do real investigation
Beat40
GE said:

I dont know whether to feel sorry for or scornful towards people that are either expected to churn out so much content that they dont have time to do real investigation
On one hand, I feel bad for the guys because men's basketball has so much movement in the summertime. On the other hand, it's not that time consuming to at least go to the school's website and scan the roster for 3 minutes.
Know Your Enemy
AG
We lost Admon Gilder?
LawHall88
AG
Junkhead said:

We lost Admon Gilder?
He corrected it later to drop Gilder from the list of departing players.

Now that Katz works for the NCAA, I think his job is basically to push out feel-good puff pieces with very little substance.
mhayden
Not really that much of a step up from feel-good puff pieces with a lot of substance that you get other places....
Biz Ag
AG
bobinator said:

With the full weight of being an official NCAA employee, he really brings some valuable analysis:

Quote:

11. How will Texas A&M handle the talent drain? Losing Tyler Davis, Admon Gilder and Robert Williams is a big hit. But the Aggies have been able to withstand transition under Billy Kennedy. And there is plenty of reason to believe TJ Starks and Savion Flagg can be the anchors to keep the Aggies relevant throughout the season. There is a lot to replace here, but the Aggies haven't disappointed under Kennedy in terms of versatility and active players around the rim. This will be one of those SEC teams that should clearly be a much different product in February than what you see in November.

Losing Admon Gilder?
Know Your Enemy
AG
It helps if you read the entire thread before posting.
Biz Ag
AG
DukeMu
Are we #11 in the SEC with our without Gilder

Katz is getting lazy - disappointed as a fellow alum.
Method Man
Ags haven't made the tourney two years in a row in BK era and last time they lost some experienced players they were one of the most disappointing teams in the conference. GOOD CALL KATZ
GE
AG
bobinator said:

Quote:

except for 1st 4years?
expresswrittenconsent
I know yall get tired of me always posting about the unassailable fact that we haven't disappointed under Kennedy in terms of versatility and active players around the rim. Well, I am here to say it again, and I am damn proud that someone else like Andy Katz agrees with me.
PJYoung
AG
BK - always doing more with less.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

11. How will Texas A&M handle the talent drain? Losing Tyler Davis, Admon Gilder and Robert Williams is a big hit. But the Aggies have been able to withstand transition under Billy Kennedy.

Have we?

Seems like any sort of transition throws us off the rails, and we're not better until we have experience and talent lining the roster.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Just filling up white space with jibberish
Double Diamond
Kennedy can't out talent people this year.
JMJLAW
AG
Reads like a Liucci post.
greg.w.h
AG
Being paid to write in-house pablum to protect shamateurism...does he still have a soul???
Sananag
Charlie Browns teacher said it best Wa wa wa wa wa.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.