Middleton Article (Discussion of Time at A&M)

1,934 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Method Man
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Not a whole lot, but he did talk about having a fight with Blasczyk during practice...and most interesting that he almost left for the NBA after his sophomore year but Turgeon talked him into coming back...then Turgeon left two days later. Not much of anything about the year w Kennedy other than saying he got hurt.

https://www.nba.com/bucks/features/khris-middleton-resetting-the-standard

Aston04
AG
Interesting article.

I'm not sure it's fair to say Turge "talked him into coming back." Sounds like Khris got Turge's input (which he would of course), but doesn't say much more than that. Mentions talking to family and friends too.

Quote:

"I would say I was close to 50-50," Middleton said. "I had a great year, but we got upset in the NCAA Tournament against Florida State. It was something I thought about for a while. I talked to my family about it. I talked to my friends. I talked to Coach Turgeon about it and then the decision was for me to come back. Everybody thought it was going to be best for me to come back. I could take a chance and leave, see what happens, but they felt like I really couldn't hurt my draft stock by waiting one more year."

Turgeon left Texas A&M for a new job at Maryland two days after Middleton's decision. "
wacarnolds
AG
25 ppg on 60% shooting in the playoffs is nuts. Really impressed with his success at the highest level.

Hope Khris finds his way onto the Olympic team, would be nice for a 2nd Ag to get a gold.
Hop
Staff
AG
Aston04 said:

Interesting article.

I'm not sure it's fair to say Turge "talked him into coming back." Sounds like Khris got Turge's input (which he would of course), but doesn't say much more than that. Mentions talking to family and friends too.

Quote:

"I would say I was close to 50-50," Middleton said. "I had a great year, but we got upset in the NCAA Tournament against Florida State. It was something I thought about for a while. I talked to my family about it. I talked to my friends. I talked to Coach Turgeon about it and then the decision was for me to come back. Everybody thought it was going to be best for me to come back. I could take a chance and leave, see what happens, but they felt like I really couldn't hurt my draft stock by waiting one more year."

Turgeon left Texas A&M for a new job at Maryland two days after Middleton's decision. "

"I talked to Coach Turgeon about it and then the decision was for me to come back."

I'm no saying he was the only input for the decision, but that statement clearly indicates that Turgeon encouraged his decision to come back. Not a big deal. In his situation, the right choice was to come back that was supported by hi family as well.
Aston04
AG
Just don't think Turge was blowing smoke---- Especially since I've heard Turge practically shut down recruiting, looking to leave.

Honestly, it was the right decision to come back anyway. Junior year didn't go well for a variety of reasons (mainly the injury obviously)..
Method Man
nm
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.