Tall Walk-ons and transfers

5,169 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TAM85
GE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When did this happen? We have 4 6'8" and over guys I have never heard of.

GE
AG
Walker being listed below 200 still is a bit disappointing
bobinator
AG
They don't exist, we're just trying to intimidate folks with our roster, old school AAU style.
rlb28
AG
John Brown transferred from Texas Tech to Blinn. Averaged 3 ppg at Blinn last year.

Everett Vaughn was a good HS private school player.

Luke McGhee played at SA Clark and missed his entire senior year with a knee injury playing football. Evidently a good athlete. Played for former Aggie Steve Sylestine
Hop
Staff
AG
rlb28 said:

John Brown transferred from Texas Tech to Blinn. Averaged 3 ppg at Blinn last year.

Luke McGhee played at SA Clark and missed his entire senior year with a knee injury playing football. Evidently a good athlete. Played for former Aggie Steve Sylestine

I think McGhee has already been at A&M as a student and just walked-on. He's listed as Class of 2021 and graduated in 2017. .
GE
AG
Hop said:

rlb28 said:

I think McGhee has already been at A&M as a student and just walked-on. He's listed as Class of 2021 and graduated in 2017. .
Do you know if any of these are scholarship or all walkon?
Duck Sausage
AG
Warm, big bodies is all. Nothing to see here, unfortunately.
Hop
Staff
AG
GE said:

Hop said:

rlb28 said:

Do you know if any of these are scholarship or all walkon?
Not 100% sure, but I highly doubt any of these newcomers are schollie. The Vaughn kid looks to be the best athlete. If they were on schollie, I'm sure they would've released a story and made a big deal about it.
Method Man
They may be too tall for Aggie fans to fall in love with them.
bobinator
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

At least this should be the last year for BK. And that's something to look forward to. He can't coach 5 star talent much Less the No-star talent that he has brought in with that group. Which ones are even eligible to play this year?

Guess we made the Sweet 16 twice by accident? I'm not a huge Kennedy fan but get out of here with this trash.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

At least this should be the last year for BK. And that's something to look forward to. He can't coach 5 star talent much Less the No-star talent that he has brought in with that group. Which ones are even eligible to play this year?
He's not getting fired this year. You might as well accept that now instead of getting your hopes up.

And before you get your panties in a twist, this is not an endorsement of BK as a coach.
Gap
AG
Another thread hijack attempt by a poster with Billy Kennedy Derangement Syndrome. No one wants to take away your ability to discuss whatever topic you want, but respect other posters and don't hijack nearly every thread with this crap.
GE
AG
Method Man said:

They may be too tall for Aggie fans to fall in love with them.
This is my concern.
TAM85
When do walk-on tryout begin?
Method Man
The kids gotta get back from VBS.
TAM85
Hop, do you know if and when there are tryouts for walk-ons?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.