Future Final Four Sites

3,482 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bobinator
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2023 in Houston, 2025 in San Antonio.

wacarnolds
AG
Nice!

Next year sucks with no Texas sites, but Houston is hosting Sweet 16/E8 games in 2020, Dallas has opening round games in 2021, Ft. Worth has opening round games in 2022 and San Antonio has Sweet 16/E8 games in 2022 in preparation for hosting the Finals in 2023.
mikesyracuse1
All sites through 2022.

http://www.ncaa.org/championships/future-division-i-mens-basketball-championship-sites

Mikesyracuse1
94chem
Nice. I'll be able to watch Roy Williams win his last NC in person
GE
AG
Going to be nice to get to see us in Houston in 2020 with Starks and company as juniors.
McInnis80
It does seem like the West Regional slips between Staples Center (LA) and Honda Center( Anaheim) for several years before a trip to San Jose and San Francisco. I guess they can't to Las Vegas, but what about Phoenix or Portland for a Regional Final I know there just aren't that many good teams west of the Rockies, but what about Denver or Salt Lake City?
ColoradoMooseHerd
McInnis80 said:

It does seem like the West Regional slips between Staples Center (LA) and Honda Center( Anaheim) for several years before a trip to San Jose and San Francisco. I guess they can't to Las Vegas, but what about Phoenix or Portland for a Regional Final I know there just aren't that many good teams west of the Rockies, but what about Denver or Salt Lake City?
San Jose is not the venue for a Regional Final
San Francisco is being built and won't be ready any sooner.

2019 - Anaheim - West Regional
2020 - Los Angeles - West Regional
2021 - Denver - West Regional
2022 - San Francisco - West Regional

Pretty Straight forward, they are basically doing what you asked

1st/2nd Rounds
2019 - San Jose, CA & Salt Lake City, UT
2020 - Sacramento, CA & Spokane, WA
2021 - San Jose, CA & Boise, ID
2022 - Portland, OR & San Diego, CA

Ol Jock 99
AG
This assumes the bathroom bill isn't passed in the spring. Which with Joe Straus hanging it up, is a pretty big assumption.

Sorry for politics, but it's true.
Hop
Staff
AG
McInnis80 said:

The Honda Center is a dump.
Bonfired
AG
wacarnolds said:

Nice!

Next year sucks with no Texas sites, but Houston is hosting Sweet 16/E8 games in 2020, Dallas has opening round games in 2021, Ft. Worth has opening round games in 2022 and San Antonio has Sweet 16/E8 games in 2022 in preparation for hosting the Finals in 2023.

The best part about Houston's 2020 regional site is that it's Toyota Center, not Reliant.
wacarnolds
AG
Quote:

The best part about Houston's 2020 regional site is that it's Toyota Center, not Reliant.
agree 100%
expresswrittenconsent
Nice. Basketball sucks in 70000 seat football stadiums.
Bonfired
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Nice. Basketball sucks in 70000 seat football stadiums.

Amen to that. I went to the 2017 Final Four in Phoenix (bucket list item checked off) and was in the upper tank
...first row, at least, but you don't really get a great feel for things unless you're in a high roller seat.

I think the 1996 Final Four in East Rutherford was the last one that wasn't in a mega-arena...price of progress and interest, I guess.
mhayden
Even the lower level seats in the stadiums have a sterile feel. I get the "larger capacity, more people can attend, higher revenue", but I'd rather them just stick with actual basketball arenas and charge higher prices.
_lefraud_
AG
free_mhayden said:

Even the lower level seats in the stadiums have a sterile feel. I get the "larger capacity, more people can attend, higher revenue", but I'd rather them just stick with actual basketball arenas and charge higher prices.

Agreed, unless they have it at one end of the dome, the viewing experience is awful. If they could give the United Center in Chicago a face-lift, or even MSG, I would be up to having a final four in places like that. The Yum! Center (Louisville) would be the ideal facility, just need to have some older arenas updated.

NYC - MSG
Chicago - United Center
Kansas City - Sprint Center
Nashville - Bridgestone
GE
AG
Completely agree, although it is a little surreal watching basketball in Jerry World where the screen above the court is larger than the court itself
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I actually think as the big venues go that AT&T Stadium isn't too bad because of the big video screen.

It still sucks, but grading on a curve it's not as bad as the others.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.