Hope we don't recruit any of this gutter trash

3,160 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wearamaskaggie
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/24041753/aau-team-referees-involved-court-brawl-gatorade-associations-tournament-finals
DukeMu
PatAg said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/24041753/aau-team-referees-involved-court-brawl-gatorade-associations-tournament-finals

Disgusting. The problem lies with the coaches. There's no ***** excuse for tolerating this type of behavior.

"Howard Martin, head coach of R.A.W. Athletics, claimed that a ref attacked his team and started the melee."

The video begins with a ref laying on the ground and players kicking him. WTF were the coaches??

Martin and the players involved should NEVER be involved with AAU ball again. Ever.
PatAg
AG
DukeMu said:

PatAg said:

Disgusting. The problem lies with the coaches. There's no ***** excuse for tolerating this type of behavior.

"Howard Martin, head coach of R.A.W. Athletics, claimed that a ref attacked his team and started the melee."

The video begins with a ref laying on the ground and players kicking him. WTF were the coaches??

Martin and the players involved should NEVER be involved with AAU ball again. Ever.
the other coach essentially refutes that coaches claims as well.

Also, they're gutter trash because of their actions, just to be clear.
Method Man
hellcat9
AG
All God's children
EliteZags
AG

Quote:

Hope we don't recruit any of this gutter trash

yup, if a ref attacked me he wouldn't be getting up and hopping around anytime soon
expresswrittenconsent
Full video seems to show that the ref escalated the fight. It doesn't really excuse any of the player behavior but it looks like the ref could have maybe prevented it but instead made it much much worse. Seems like everyone involved (players, coaches, refs) could use a long suspension or expulsion.
Wearamaskaggie
AG
PatAg said:

DukeMu said:

PatAg said:

the other coach essentially refutes that coaches claims as well.

Also, they're gutter trash because of their actions, just to be clear.
I'm glad you reiterated and made sure everyone knew why you called them "gutter trash". Perhaps next time stay away from a phrase that can be easily misconstrued.
expresswrittenconsent
You think "gutter trash" can be easily misconstrued?
Wearamaskaggie
AG
You don't think there's a reason he reiterated himself?
Method Man
Misconstrued as what?
expresswrittenconsent
I thought the clarification was strange and unnecessary., like most of his posts.
Method Man
Ok.
PatAg
AG
Ajm1115 said:

I just didn't want any politics board members coming in and aligning themselves with me because the players in the video are black.
Wearamaskaggie
AG
PatAg said:

Ajm1115 said:

I just didn't want any politics board members coming in and aligning themselves with me because the players in the video are black.
Man, some people are just plain ****ty, huh?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.