Rob on defense at A&M

6,577 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

hoya-ag said:

Personally, I can't speak poorly of anyone who misplaced their wallet twice in a month.

I'm one of those poor souls that is really bad at that sort of thing.

Some highlights of my own career:

-When I graduated from Texas A&M, the issue number on my A&M Student ID card was #11. Because, yes, I lost my Student ID card 10 times while in College Station.

- My wife has bought and given me new sunglasses for approximately 10 of my 13 birthdays that we've been together. Because I had lost my sunglasses and needed a new pair. In the rare year that I didn't lost my sunglasses in the previous 12 months, she has seemed to git a bit flummoxed deciding what to buy for me. Perhaps the funniest way that I lost a pair of sunglasses was went to the movie theatre and watched a movie in 3D. Had my sunglasses with me, but after the movie was done while exiting the theatre instead of dropping the 3D glasses into the Return Box, I dropped in my personal pair. Never to be seen again by the time I realized the mistake and tried to recover.

- Once, I placed my wallet on the top of my car (in my mid-twenties), got in my car and drove away. Got home sometime later and realized my wallet was missing. Had a vision of putting it on top of my car. Drove back retracing the several miles of road that I had traveled...luckily eventually found the wallet laying in the middle of a street.

- Before I switched to working from home full time (this was my mid to late twenties), the office building that I worked at had an ATM right across the street that I typically used. Now...this particular ATM had a devilish design for a daydreamer like myself...who was often thinking about some software design or other work problem...anything but paying attention to the functional procedure of an ATM. It would take your card inside the machine, you'd enter the PIN and then the cash amount, it would give you the cash and then AFTER you took the cash out of the ATM...then it would try to give your card back. Of course, as soon as I got the cash, well probably 9 times of 10 if nobody was waiting behind me to wake me up, I simply took off happy as a clam without waiting for my card. After beeping for several seconds, the machine would eat the card and then you'd have to later go inside the building of the attached bank and speak to someone to get your card back. I had to do this again, and again, and again. So often that usually when I walked in, no words had to be spoken.

But did you LOST twice LOST your wallet??
wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

hoya-ag said:

Personally, I can't speak poorly of anyone who misplaced their wallet twice in a month.

I'm one of those poor souls that is really bad at that sort of thing.

Some highlights of my own career:

-When I graduated from Texas A&M, the issue number on my A&M Student ID card was #11. Because, yes, I lost my Student ID card 10 times while in College Station.

- My wife has bought and given me new sunglasses for approximately 10 of my 13 birthdays that we've been together. Because I had lost my sunglasses and needed a new pair. In the rare year that I didn't lost my sunglasses in the previous 12 months, she has seemed to git a bit flummoxed deciding what to buy for me. Perhaps the funniest way that I lost a pair of sunglasses was went to the movie theatre and watched a movie in 3D. Had my sunglasses with me, but after the movie was done while exiting the theatre instead of dropping the 3D glasses into the Return Box, I dropped in my personal pair. Never to be seen again by the time I realized the mistake and tried to recover.

- Once, I placed my wallet on the top of my car (in my mid-twenties), got in my car and drove away. Got home sometime later and realized my wallet was missing. Had a vision of putting it on top of my car. Drove back retracing the several miles of road that I had traveled...luckily eventually found the wallet laying in the middle of a street.

- Before I switched to working from home full time (this was my mid to late twenties), the office building that I worked at had an ATM right across the street that I typically used. Now...this particular ATM had a devilish design for a daydreamer like myself...who was often thinking about some software design or other work problem...anything but paying attention to the functional procedure of an ATM. It would take your card inside the machine, you'd enter the PIN and then the cash amount, it would give you the cash and then AFTER you took the cash out of the ATM...then it would try to give your card back. Of course, as soon as I got the cash, well probably 9 times of 10 if nobody was waiting behind me to wake me up, I simply took off happy as a clam without waiting for my card. After beeping for several seconds, the machine would eat the card and then you'd have to later go inside the building of the attached bank and speak to someone to get your card back. I had to do this again, and again, and again. So often that usually when I walked in, no words had to be spoken.
I've always said it's a travesty the athletic department doesn't pay you to spin things
Pumpkinhead
AG
That wasn't no spin. Just speaking the truth!

See, I can't really relate personally to being a human with a 6'9" with 7'5" wingspan and 40"+ vertical. Can't relate to signing a multi-dollar NBA contract at age 20 and then not showing up for my first practice. Though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made that particularly idiotic and irresponsible mistake. Not even at 20.

But misplacing a wallet twice...in the same month...now THAT kind of stupidity I can relate to.
wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

That wasn't no spin.
You typed out a damn autobiography of stupid **** you've done in response to a tweet about a former A&M basketball player losing his wallet.
Pumpkinhead
AG
wacarnolds said:

Pumpkinhead said:

That wasn't no spin.
You typed out a damn autobiography of stupid **** you've done in response to a tweet about a former A&M basketball player losing his wallet.

Definitely a moron babbling on a sports message board, but I had no evil 'spin' intentions.

when you post as much as I do on TexAgs, gonna have some real stinkers. I'll file that one in the 'trying to be funny but came off stupid' category.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.