Robert's rough start continues

18,148 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wacarnolds
wacarnolds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LawHall88
AG
wacarnolds said:

MarcAg
AG
Kennedy has the worst luck with players being knuckleheads
Pumpkinhead
AG
One of the major reasons Robert Williams stayed in school for second year was the feeling that he wasn't mature enough yet to handle the real world. Starting to look like he still isn't ready, but ready or not here it is.
_lefraud_
AG
Good grief, is there no one in his camp looking out for him? I know tons of players that have an average guy they pay X dollars just to ensure this sort of stuff doesn't happen.

Hey Robert, I'll do it for 75k and free housing. Hit me up. Geeeeeezus.
txag614
Many, many people would give anything for an opportunity like this. What an idiot.
sincereag
He was a Stansbury recruit
Bunk Moreland
Pumpkinhead said:

One of the major reasons Robert Williams stayed in school for second year was the feeling that he wasn't mature enough yet to handle the real world. Starting to look like he still isn't ready, but ready or not here it is.

Then this staff and program failed miserably in preparing him to be a man and take care of his business. Not taking blame away from him but Wtf were we doing the last year with him??

When that whole narrative was pushed last year regarding his decision to stay, I was selfishly happy he was staying and understood how sheltered he was, but at some point if he's going to trust in the program to help him mature then we need to make sure he gets what he needs.

Would love to know how he was really treated from that moment last year till the end of this season...

My guess is with kid gloves instead of tough love.
superunknown
AG
Anyone up for a "biggest sleeper in the draft" joke?
mikesyracuse1
Poor choices!

https://es.pn/2tXlGli

Mikesyracuse1
mhayden
Wait, are you implying the guy who went 0 for 12 from 3 wasn't on a tight leash?
Bunk Moreland
I was about to use that as an example
Pumpkinhead
AG
His agent maybe better get that dude hired like LeFraud suggested.
mallen
AG
Quote:

Would love to know how he was really treated from that moment last year till the end of this season...My guess is with kid gloves instead of tough love.
Williams was suspended for multiple games and played fewer overall minutes than the prior season. If you're a college basketball player, nothing hurts more than sitting on the bench when you could be playing more minutes. The fact that the staff actually played Williams less this past season than the season before tells me they were using playing time for disciplinary purposes. The natural progression for Williams would have been to average around 30 min a game in his sophomore season. Instead he averaged around 25 per game for the second year in a row.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Then this staff and program failed miserably in preparing him to be a man and take care of his business. Not taking blame away from him but Wtf were we doing the last year with him??

When that whole narrative was pushed last year regarding his decision to stay, I was selfishly happy he was staying and understood how sheltered he was, but at some point if he's going to trust in the program to help him mature then we need to make sure he gets what he needs.

Would love to know how he was really treated from that moment last year till the end of this season...

My guess is with kid gloves instead of tough love.
Not going to get too much into this because I am just some guy, but will say from my own experiences that trying to cure knucklehead disease can be a lot harder that it sounds. That 'you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink' saying didn't become famous for no reason.
Ben Puig 97
AG
Smh
Bunk Moreland
Yeah I get it, and re reading my post it feels too much like an attack purely on the staff/ad. That's not what I meant to portray. It's just sort of incredulous that a year ago we heard that narrative, then a year later through suspensions, stupidity, zero development, seemingly a longer leash than his fish year etc... We arrive right back at the same spot.

Just failures across the board, Big Rob included.
Mike Elko
AG
What a dummy.
expresswrittenconsent
Celtics have a lot of assets and ainge loves to trade. Hope he gets it together or it could be a short stay in Massachusetts.
This is a really bad look but he comes off more immature than malicious. I hope the celtics have someone on the roster or staff who can take him under their wing. I don't know anything at all about him but I feel like he is a guy who could end up with a long career like DeAndre or he could just as easily be retired and back in a 1 stoplight Louisiana town within 24 months.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
C'mon Rob
Gap
AG
I'm pulling for him to get it together.
coldmoose
I hope he gets his act together. He isn't doing himself any favors.
94chem
He's doing way better than Len Bias did.
Seven Costanza
AG
I always thought he seemed to have a naive, child-like quality about him, with actions that you'd expect from an average 12-year old that was left alone. Hopefully they get him some sort of mentor that doesn't allow him to get taken advantage of financially.
carbon copy
Can't fix stupid.
_lefraud_
AG
94chem said:

Too soon.

But I lol'd, guess I'm going to Hell.
Method Man
94chem said:

Man I laughed so hard at this. So wrong.
CactusThomas
AG
94chem said:

Damn, dude.
rlb28
AG
The dude laughed and smirked his way through most games the last 2 years. Hope it works out.
Jumbo Fister
AG
Curious what his mom/family/friends are telling him. If he cant make it with the c's, then his career might be over. Hope to god it's not another JFF
agincs93
he was on northgate Friday night wearing a NBA hoodie. Probs went out Saturday too.
Jumbo Fister
AG
Jesus
Faustus
Edited.
94chem
It's not like I was disclosing private info. It's just not possible that someone with that amount of athletic ability could fall to #27. It didn't even make sense when Roy Tarpley fell to #7. The fact is that Robert hasn't even been tempted yet. If he can't handle easy stuff like phone calls and flights, how can he handle an off-season with a million dollars in his pocket? It's just a bad start, and I hope he has wise people around him.
EXCELL
BK has a knack for finding a seemingly endless supply of knuckleheads.
It's a gift.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.