Davis, Hogg will make money playing professionally

4,188 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jbob88
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At first glance I thought Tyler Davis and DJ Hogg were crazy for not playing college for another year. But neither would likely be drafted into the NBA even after another year in college. So they came out and will get a shot in the NBA as free agents. But I believe they'll make more than $100,000 for years to come playing a game they love overseas. Not a bad deal.

This article is seven years old so the salaries are likely to be more in 2018. I was surprised to see some of the salaries. I thought $100,000 would be the max and the other players would be less than that.

International $$

This is a pretty comprehensive list of Aggies playing professionally. Amazing that some of these guys caught on professionally. Click the arrows to sort by year. Evidently David Edwards was playing at 47 in Nigeria in 2017.

Professional Aggies.
Ajollyag
Hogg wont make jacksquat if he doesnt learn to make 3's.... more specifically wide open 3's. Ball handling not good enough for nba, cant create his own shot in my opinion. So either make 3's or he wont have a job for long.... like most players
bobinator
AG
If Hogg can find the motivation to actually play hard all the time he'll make a lot of money playing basketball.

Tyler Davis is going to make plenty of money playing hoops for quite a while.
Know Your Enemy
AG
rlb28 said:

Evidently David Edwards was playing at 47 in Nigeria in 2017.
That's crazy. Always loved watching him play.
TopoTacos
AG
Hogg could definitely get on with the Pelicans if he puts his head down and commits to it, they need more shooting.

Tyler is playing SL with Brooklyn, hope he can have a great showing and go from there.
basketballaddict44
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it with Hogg unless he perfects his shot and/or really improves his handles. In his entire career I can't remember a time he beat someone off the dribble. Davis could be very successful in Europe. Hope to see them get plenty of chances in the NBA.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Many international players don't pay taxes on that salary and get housing/living stipends so it goes even further
TempleAg97
AG
That is one of the most amazing posts I've seen on Texags (the list of Ags). What a blast from the past! Bernard King was still playing last year?? Interesting stuff!
DukeMu
Hogg will be fine with Euroball. They don't care about weed, and before the suspension Hogg was a top 15 played in the nation on advanced metrics.

Davis has great foot movement. I think he needed another year conforming his body. Not too many belo the rim post players in today's NBA. Smart kid, he'll find a role in Europe.
Ags2013
AG
Summer leagues - Hogg On the Pelicans via 247sports
Davis on the Nets via Nets Daily
Jbob88
Should have stayed in college.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.