Oregon State

2,012 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by athensag94
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess this is a decent replacement level big conference non-con game:

Method Man
Hope we pound the beavers.
miller0926
AG
Pet peeve is playing these "neutral" games in the other school's state. Why not just play them on their campus and have it count as a road win/loss to our RPI and other metrics?
TXAggie2011
AG
miller0926 said:

Pet peeve is playing these "neutral" games in the other school's state. Why not just play them on their campus and have it count as a road win/loss to our RPI and other metrics?

I think Oregon State has started playing a game in Portland each year. They do like a triple header or something with their women's team and the University of Portland, or something like that.

This might be part of that.
Gap
AG
miller0926 said:

I don't understand the rationale, but our game in Arizona last year was counted as a neutral site game while Oregon St. playing St. Louis in Portland was counted as a home game for Oregon St. and a road game for St. Louis in the RPI.

EDIT: I found the two rules for determining it:

Quote:

1) If a team is playing on its home court, it is always the home team for RPI purposes.

2)If an institution rents the facility, arranges for officials, controls the tickets, and is responsible for game operations, it is the home team, regardless of the opponent.

Expert Analysis
AG
What do you mean by replacement level?
Mustang1
AG
Can we assume this game will be the same week as the Vancouver tournament? One trip out West.
bobinator
AG
Expert Analysis said:

What do you mean by replacement level?
I mean that playing Oregon State isn't going to move the needle at all, but it's certainly not a bad game. They're (at best probably) a mediocre power five team, so I was just making an analogy to baseball stats like WAR where they rate players against a theoretical average replacement player.

I am glad the return trip is in Reed Arena at least.
_lefraud_
AG
Mustang1 said:

Can we assume this game will be the same week as the Vancouver tournament? One trip out West.
I wouldn't think so.
expresswrittenconsent
Mustang1 said:

seems like both will be early season but i would assume highly unlikely a single trip.
coloradoag69
AG
For our team, it is an easier road trip. You can fly directly into Portland, play, and be on your way home. Corvaliis is almost a two hour drive from the Portland airport and an hour from the Eugene airport. And you probably can't get a direct commercial flight to Eugene.

Also in Portland, you have a number of places to stay. Although places exist in Corvallis, they are much more limited and the eating facilities are even less.

We lived in Corvallis for 10 years. It's basically similar to College Station in the late 1960s.
athensag94
AG
Corvallis - pain in the ass to get to. I bet we insisted on PDX. This coming from Bend Oregon resident.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.