Assuming Davis is gone- hope we run 4 out 1 in, push the ball and pressure opp guards

2,108 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aston04
Aston04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No time better for BK to adapt to the changing game. We now have mediocre post depth. Start Nebo. Get a bunch a guards and a tall shooter to play 4 (Mahan, Flagg, or Walker?). Roll the dice we outscore people. Going to require BK to get out of his comfort zone-- we are best off playing up tempo.. Pressure opposing guards and get after it.

If we do a starting lineup with Jasey and Nebo- expect a long season.
Topher17
AG
If Jasey plays more than 12 minutes a game expect a long season. If he starts, my concerns will only be elevated and that's saying something considering where my level of concern currently is.

I think we will have to go to a 4 out 1 in game completely out of necessity. We won't have the depth or talent to put two posts on the floor at one time.
_lefraud_
AG
7 second shot clock
Method Man
_lefraud_ said:

7 second shot clock
500,000ags
AG
_lefraud_ said:

7 second shot clock
I agree. Lets get weird.
FTAG 2000
AG
You act like Billy is capable of adapting strategy to the talent he has on hand.

Good one.
Uncle Jimbo
Lol. If there's a strategy required other than "assemble good players and hope they play well every game" then we all know we're screwed.
Serious Lee
we have 2 offensive threats and only one can create their own shot. were screwed no matter what as of now.
Double Diamond
Next years narrative by the Billy backers will be that Hogg and Davis messed things up. Ignoring the lack of recruiting with roster spots open regardless of Hogg and Davis.
expresswrittenconsent
this isnt even a billy kennedy bashing thing - i dont think there are more than 10-15 current NCAA coaches i would trust to be able to completely change an offensive strategy over an offseason to match the changing strengths of their team.
Aston04
AG
You guys are probably right. Next year will be the ultimate test if Billy can finally adapt to his players. We suck underneath- we can't do a traditional lineup. And if we play really slow (like he prefers), that makes no sense with a guard heavy lineup that should be able to pop 3s.
sincereag
I don't think anyone on this board will disagree with you that there's been a major hole in our recruiting to replace Davis with another quality big man. Then again we aren't a Kansas or UK who pluck them off trees ever year so we usually have to make do with lower rated big men.
cedar
Kennedy is not remotely capable of what you suggest.
MB19
AG
Aston04 said:

No time better for BK to adapt to the changing game. We now have mediocre post depth. Start Nebo. Get a bunch a guards and a tall shooter to play 4 (Mahan, Flagg, or Walker?). Roll the dice we outscore people. Going to require BK to get out of his comfort zone-- we are best off playing up tempo.. Pressure opposing guards and get after it.

If we do a starting lineup with Jasey and Nebo- expect a long season.
Essentially what you are suggesting is what Jerry Tarkanian did soon after he got to UNLV. He had no big guys so he did exactly this. Tempo, press and shoot in a hurry. Thus the birth of the Runnin' part of the Runnin' Rebels.

And why not, it would be exciting too.
Aston04
AG
^yup.

I really hope BK gets an asst. coach that is good at this stuff.

If BK wants to stay an even longer time (sure looks like it), he needs to be honest with himself and go get someone this team needs to coach them up. He did it after year 3 bringing in Rick. With the asst. opening- now is the time to money whip an asst coach we need.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.