Peyton Allen

5,490 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Amir Abdur-Rahim 15m15 minutes ago

Amir Abdur-Rahim Retweeted UIS Basketball
Let's Gooooooooo P!!! It's your time brother!!! # SharpShooterSzn
Amir Abdur-Rahim added,
[url=https://twitter.com/UISHoops/status/989642757080862723][/url]
UIS Basketball @UISHoops
Peyton Allen (@peytonallen22) is OFFICIALLY a Prairie Star.

EliteZags
AG
entering his 3rd school with 3 yrs eligibility
GE
AG
EliteZags said:

Wasn't he in Trocha's freshman class?
GE
AG
EliteZags said:

nm
Gap
AG
Does anyone know his story? His trajectory is unusual. From 2 high majors in Texas A&M and Wichita St. to NCAA Division 2.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Gosh he was bad..and he got playing time

Which coach thought Dylan Johns and Peyton Allen we're good ideas?!?
GE
AG
Ryno01 said:

Beggars can't be choosers
Hop
Staff
AG
GE said:

EliteZags said:

Come on...Allen has three years left. Trocha's signing class graduated 2-3 years ago.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Peyton missed 10 shots since my last post
EliteZags
AG
but he's white so you can't leave him open
Method Man
Roy Williams recruited him
Method Man
Racist
GE
AG
Hop said:

GE said:

EliteZags said:

Come on...Allen has three years left. Trocha's signing class graduated 2-3 years ago.
Well they were on a team where they played as freshmen for the first time together.

Trocha's class is an odd one:

- Davonte Fitzgerald has a 6th year of eligibility left and is transferring from Minnesota
- Dylan Johns played against A&M as a junior but then left early to go pro (in Panama)
- Tavario Miller actually finished his eligibility and graduated on time and is playing pro ball as well (in Mexico).

Pumpkinhead
AG
Ryno01 said:

In the case of Allen, Billy Kennedy (A&M), Gregg Marshall (Wichita State), and Norh Carolina (Roy Williams) off the top of my head all thought he was maybe worth a spot on their bench. Though If my memory is correct, when he transferred from here to Wichita State, it was initially as a preferred walk-on deal because Marshall didn't initially have space.

He seemed like a really nice kid and teammate and was a good twitter follow because he was always doing stuff with the other guys and tweeting about it.

dave99ag
AG
Davonte is going to play at SFA for Coach Keller, whom probably recruited him while at A&M.
Biz Ag
AG
Quote:

Davonte Fitzgerald has a 6th year of eligibility left and is transferring from Minnesota
Davonte Fitzgerald is still eligible.
And PJ Tucker is still dribbling.

94chem
Method Man said:

Roy Williams recruited him
...at Kansas.
Deputy Travis Junior
I still feel bad for Davante. He was good enough to play here, but his knees were not.

I don't know why people are still trashing Allen. Yes, he was a diva, but we all acknowledge/acknowledged Sumlin + Spav's system was crap, so I don't understand why anybody would hold a transfer against a player who recognized the same thing and then acted on it. Anyway, his 3 point shot reminds me of Wes Welker's, so I hope he finally puts it together.
expresswrittenconsent
H. S. O.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

I still feel bad for Davante. He was good enough to play here, but his knees were not.

I don't know why people are still trashing Allen. Yes, he was a diva, but we all acknowledge/acknowledged Sumlin + Spav's system was crap, so I don't understand why anybody would hold a transfer against a player who recognized the same thing and then acted on it. Anyway, his 3 point shot reminds me of Wes Welker's, so I hope he finally puts it together.

He didn't leave because of the system. Talent level was improving around him and the writing on the wall was that his playing time was going to dwindle the coming years. Defensively he couldn't stay in front of anyone and his 3pt shot wasn't good enough to over compensate for his liabilities. Would have loved for him to stick around for spot minutes but he opted to go elsewhere.
Hop
Staff
AG

Peyton Allen's only D-1 skill was perimeter shooting and he shot about 25% from beyond the arc his only year and his playing time evaporated.

He left because he knew he wasn't going to play.

Belton Ag
AG
Hop said:

Peyton Allen's only D-1 skill was perimeter shooting and he shot about 25% from beyond the arc his only year and his playing time evaporated.

He left because he knew he wasn't going to play.

Kyler Murray's rapidly developing "no jumper" put everyone on notice that Allen would be sitting on the bench.
hamean02
AG
So confused...
Chef Demas 2020
AG
I think the head coach of his new school is Bill Walker (former A&M assistant on Turgeons staff)
Deputy Travis Junior
hamean02 said:

So confused...
I made a post that intentionally (and stupidly if I'm being honest) conflated our 2 Allen transfers. A couple of people, including Hop, apparently read one sentence of my bad post and then decided to deliver what they saw as the facts of life.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.