NBA Draft Early Entry Tracker

4,031 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GoodAg Paulie
mikesyracuse1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the Full list of college entrants, those who have signed with agents and foreign players.

Invitations to the NBA Draft Combine are issued Friday. Generally, around 60 of the top draft prospects are invited to workout at the NBA Draft Combine, which will take place May 16-20 in Chicago.

Currently have listed from A&M

Robert Williams 1st Round
Tyler Davis. 2nd Round/undrafted
DJ Hogg. 2nd Round/undrafted
Admon Gilder Undrafted

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/nba-draft-2018-early-entry-tracker-full-list-of-college-entrants-who-has-signed-with-agents-and-foreign-players/

Mikesyracuse1
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ok there would be nothing more Aggie basketball than Tyler and admon going last two picks of draft and play in Greece with Elonu
wacarnolds
AG
Quote:

Underclassmen have until May 30 -- 10 days after the conclusion of the NBA combine -- to withdraw from the draft.
mdanyc03
AG
Ryno01 said:

Ok there would be nothing more Aggie basketball than Tyler and admon going last two picks of draft and play in Greece with Elonu
Hmmm, how so? It has become pretty common place for high profile college players to go to the G League before finishing their eligibility even if there is no chance they will be drafted. We, on the other hand, have been fortunate enough to have future pros stick around all four years (House, Caruso, Jones) and even a first rounder come back for an extra year just because he wanted to (Rob). So you reach all the way back 9 years to cite the last time we had a guy go pro somewhat unexpectedly (although I believe Elonu had already graduated even if he had a year of eligibility left).

Was your post like double reverse irony or something?
GE
AG
When do they find out if they are invited to the combine?
greg.w.h
AG
Four invited to the draft combine in a single year from Texas A&M. I would be surprised if that were not a high water mark. Congrats to all four and best wishes as you each come to the decision point of how to move forward.
wacarnolds
AG
GE said:

Invites have already gone out, but the full list hasn't been made public yet. Will probably happen over next 2 weeks, but players/agents can make their invites known if they choose to.
mallen
AG
Are you stating that all four have been invited to the combine? I assume this is based on your personal knowledge and not any published list.

greg.w.h said:

Four invited to the draft combine in a single year from Texas A&M. I would be surprised if that were not a high water mark. Congrats to all four and best wishes as you each come to the decision point of how to move forward.
mikesyracuse1
wacarnolds said:

GE said:

Invites have already gone out, but the full list hasn't been made public yet. Will probably happen over next 2 weeks, but players/agents can make their invites known if they choose to.

Some players have announced their invitations the last few days. Even with the stable of declarations at UK, only Kevin Knox announced that he received an invitation on Friday.

Also some will choose not to participate or only partially participate in the different events and tests scheduled.

Mikesyracuse1
wacarnolds
AG
and I guess it should be noted that some of the top picks will turn down the invite, so guys like Tyler/Hogg/Admon that are on the fringe may not make the original invite list but receive a later invite as a replacement
greg.w.h
AG
mallen said:

Are you stating that all four have been invited to the combine? I assume this is based on your personal knowledge and not any published list.

greg.w.h said:

Prospectively based on the list. I'm willing to think positively.
wacarnolds
AG
greg.w.h said:

mallen said:

greg.w.h said:

Nothing wrong with thinking positive, but your original post is pretty misleading
hoya-ag
AG
A lot of info out there about who has been invited. Surprised we don't already know.
Pumpkinhead
AG
About 130 college players declared for the NBA draft (signing or not signing with agent).

Typically seems about 65 players get an invite to NBA combine, going off last few years. So following that math...maybe about half the guys who declared got an invite.
CapCityAg89
AG
wacarnolds said:

greg.w.h said:

mallen said:

greg.w.h said:

Nothing wrong with thinking positive, but your original post is pretty misleading

I can't speak for Greg, but a quick read of OP led me to believe all four were invited to the combine. The exchange with him clarified when I looked at it again.
Gap
AG
I can't imagine a guy like Tyler won't get invited. I'd imagine he is the kind of guy they'd like to see up close.
mikesyracuse1
FYI. The official list last year came out on Sunday, May 7th which was about 10 days after the invites went out. Many players have individually announced they received invites and a few who have declared for the draft have announced they did not receive invites. Last year only 3 of the top 10 picked up the invitations, so there will be a few additions to the invite list as some of these guys choose not to participate.

Mikesyracuse1
Method Man
The big problem for Ags is Tyler will cook anyone in the low post at the combine.
CactusThomas
AG
BBQ chicken
LawHall88
AG
No Aggies at the combine:

https://sports.yahoo.com/complete-2018-nba-draft-combine-list-211843026.html
wacarnolds
AG
LawHall88 said:

No Aggies at the combine:
...yet
LawHall88
AG
I assume Williams has already turned down an invite and been replaced.
wacarnolds
AG
Yeah Williams and Ayton (and I'm sure others) have already said they'll pass
LawHall88
AG
FWIW, The Athletic posted an article which analyzed every potential early draft entry. Here are the entries for our players:

Quote:

DJ Hogg | 6-8, W/F | Texas A&M | 21 years old
Agent: Yes
Projected draft slot: second round to undrafted
Key stats: 11.1 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 2.6 APG, 41.0/37.8/71.8
Comment: Hogg is a fascinating player. I can't remember a guy whose shooting percentages are more incongruous with his mechanics than the former Aggie. At 6-8, Hogg has picturesque mechanics that would make one believe he should hit well over 40 percent of his 3-pointers. However, in three years at Texas A&M, Hogg's 3-point percentage never crossed 38 percent and was 36 percent in total. If a team thinks they can bring that ability out of him, it would be worth considering him for a two-way contract. But if they think he is what he is, Hogg will be headed over to Europe. He has really high feel for the game and is an excellent passer for his size, but he struggles to create in anything other than a straight line, doesn't have a terrific first step and isn't exactly a great defender. NBA teams want to like the tools Hogg brings to the table. In the end, he needs to simply be more consistent and aggressive.
Quote:

Robert Williams III | 6-10, F/C | Texas A&M | 20 years old
Agent: Yes
Projected draft slot: No. 12 to No. 25
Key stats: 10.4 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 2.6 BPG, 63.2 FG%
Comment: It was a bit of an up-and-down year for Williams, who had the opportunity to be a lottery pick had he entered the draft last season. The uber-athletic center has a penchant and flair for the highlight, swatting shots around the basket with impunity. But it's worth noting that Texas A&M was actually eight points per 100 possessions worse when he was on the floor defensively, which questions just how much of an impact he had. He has a lot of potential as a pick-and-roll dive man, with the ability to catch lobs far above the high-point of where most defenders will be able to reach, but he sets poor screens. Generally, his attention to detail and his work ethic waver from time-to-time, something he readily acknowledges and has worked to improve over the last year. From an athletic and frame perspective, Williams has everything that NBA teams are looking for. But he needs to play hard and needs to work on the little things more consistently. He could end up being a steal if he falls outside of the top 15, a legitimate potential starting center at his ceiling. Or, if he coasts once he gets to the NBA, he could be out of it in a hurry.
Quote:

Tyler Davis | 6-9, C | Texas A&M | 21 years old
Agent: No
Projected draft slot: undrafted
Key stats: 14.9 PPG, 8.9 RPG, 1.4 BPG, 58.5 FG%
Comment: A throwback to a previous time, Davis is a low-post, back-to-the-basket scorer with great touch and a nose for the ball when rebounding. He's remarkably strong and carves out position whenever he wants with ease. But he's largely ground-bound as a big-bodied forward and doesn't move his feet well defensively. He's never developed anything consistent as a shooter outside of 10 feet and isn't really much of a playmaker for others. In past generations, his production would certainly have put him on the radar of NBA teams. Now there's not really a place for him the NBA. He's a prospect for Europe. His situation at Texas A&M is interesting, though, as both Robert Williams and DJ Hogg have already declared, and Tonny Trocha-Morelos has graduated. On the one hand, he'll have the interior all to himself. On the other, most of the players he entered college with at A&M with have departed. Could he want to simply move on at this stage and start getting paid overseas?
Quote:

Admon Gilder | 6-3, G | Texas A&M | 22 years old
Agent: No
Projected draft slot: undrafted
Key stats: 12.3 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 2.6 APG, 45.8/39.5/82.1
Comment: Another undersized scoring guard, Gilder turns 23 in the fall and could be returning to a Texas A&M team that doesn't have much remaining around him if Tyler Davis chooses to join DJ Hogg and Robert Williams in the ranks of the pros. He's a good shooter off of the catch and off the dribble, but he just doesn't bring enough value to his game outside of that skill. He's a below-average distributor for a lead guard, too small to play as a true wing, and doesn't really defend at a significantly high level. Gilder should return to school and round out his game, unless he wants to simply be done with college.
https://theathletic.com/301869/2018/05/04/2018-nba-draft-in-or-out-evaluating-the-draft-prospects-of-every-underclassman-who-has-declared/
GoodAg Paulie
AG
I think they are undervaluing Holders defensive abilities. Over all pretty accurate assessment of all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.