Duke shows athletes are exception to its rules with housing

2,915 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mikesyracuse1
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/duke-shows-athletes-exception-rules-housing-snafu-191051138.html
Seven Costanza
AG
Summary: Duke students are required to live on campus for the first three years. In the past, you could pre-arrange your roommate. They have changed it so that it's now random. Except athletes, who will be rooming together with other athletes with coordinated room assignments like it's always been.

Who cares?
Double Diamond
My feeling as well. So athletes get better situations. Cool. Not news.
expresswrittenconsent
Bunk Moreland
Pat Forde is the definition of a chode.
DukeMu
lol Revenue sport athletes have always had first pick of where to live on the Duke campus. Many chose Central Campus apartments, even decades ago. That news is as old as the oldest player in the NBA. Have you seen Kentucky's athlete palace?
Bondag
AG
Meh.

I thought this would be a way to get around athletes dorm like we had at Cain Hall for a while. Non story
Bayside Tiger Ag
You know a school's athletic program is good when it walks around with a constant target on its back and is extremely polarizing in the media. But dorms, that's a new one!

Gives us something to look forward to with Jimbo at least
mikesyracuse1
Bondag said:

Meh.

I thought this would be a way to get around athletes dorm like we had at Cain Hall for a while. Non story

There are plenty of ways to get around the issue of athletic dorms now.

Mikesyracuse1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.