2018-19 Depth Chart Predictions

11,492 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Method Man
wacarnolds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Yeah, I meant dream team 2, which was the 94 worlds, not the 96 olympics derrick coleman/shawn kemp group.

The 94 team won FIBA gold by 40 pts
expresswrittenconsent
Again, though, I was talking about their selfish reputation as nba players. Some of the guys on that team like Coleman were the poster boys of the 100mil contract at 22. Weird that you keep thinking that posing a final score from an international tourney invalidates my opinion of 90s nba ball.
wacarnolds
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Again, though, I was talking about their selfish reputation as nba players. Some of the guys on that team like Coleman were the poster boys of the 100mil contract at 22. Weird that you keep thinking that posing a final score from an international tourney invalidates my opinion of 90s nba ball.

Because you made a stupid point about those guys underachieving on the national stage.

Just like you're making a stupid point that one guy being selfish invalidates an entire decade. The all star rosters from the entire decade is top to bottom with all time greats. Jordan, Robinson, Olajuwan Shaq, Pippin, Malone, Barkley, Payton, Kemp, Zo, Kidd - all in or entering their prime and you're talking about ****ing Derrick Coleman.
DukeMu
Double Diamond said:

Davis is like Jahlil Okafor, just with better effort. It's a game I love but no longer part of the NBA. You either guard the rim and don't get your team killed on switches, or shoot the three. Davis like Okafor has a game that would be perfect for 90s NBA basketball.

Davis plays defense. He reminds me more of a bigger version of Carlos Boozer than Okafor.

I thought this was the first year Davis was not exclusively a below the rim player. His mobility and midrange were improved and Tyler ran the floor significantly better. More stamina, also.

The midrange (which Okafor doesn't really have) will make Davis valuable to someone. He can serve a Draymond Green role, except he's larger. Keep in mind, Davis post footwork is elite.

The NBA game is morphing and mutating wildly. The Eastern conference may be conquered by a freak team with a PG who can't shoot a 3 and a center who can't hit a 2 pointer in the playoffs.
wacarnolds
AG
DukeMu said:

Davis can serve a Draymond Green role, except he's larger.

skaggsjw
AG
wacarnolds said:

DukeMu said:

Davis can serve a Draymond Green role, except he's larger.

Draymond Green!?? That guy is an amazing passer, incredible defender and rebounder and is capable of getting hot from three (see game 7 of the Finals when Cleveland won). Davis has elite post moves and rebounds well. I don't see the compare to Draymond at all. There's almost nobody left in the NBA that plays like Davis.You have to be incredibly efficient for the post up play to provide a higher point per possession than a pick and roll, for example. Davis would struggle offensively in the NBA with the length he'd face night in and night out. He'd definitely need to further develop a 15 to 19 foot jumper at minimum and then face defending athletic big men all over the court. Hard to see, but I won't put anything past him. He's more like Tyler Hansbrough than anyone else. Tyler plays in China now.
GE
AG
The way Tyler Davis plays really reminds me of a Yao Ming / Reggie Miller hybrid.
fightinags2013
AG
Need the laugh/cry for that Draymond Green/Tyler Davis comparison.
That's gotta be one of the worst takes I've ever seen on here- and that is saying something.
CactusThomas
AG
He's a stronger Steve Nash.
NoahAg
Quote:

He can serve a Draymond Green role, except he's larger.
L.

OL.

I like Tyler, but he's much closer to Erick Dampier than Draymond. I just don't see him having a career in the NBA. He'll have some brief stints on a few rosters, maybe sign some 10 day contracts. His best path is to go to China. He can carve out a nice career there and make some good money.
CactusThomas
AG
TD is a rich man's Jack Cooley. He has better hands, better feet, more post moves and isn't fat. If cooley can hang around the league, TD will definitely make a team.
Pumpkinhead
AG
NoahAg said:

Quote:

L.

OL.

I like Tyler, but he's much closer to Erick Dampier than Draymond. I just don't see him having a career in the NBA. He'll have some brief stints on a few rosters, maybe sign some 10 day contracts. His best path is to go to China. He can carve out a nice career there and make some good money.
I saw an article on the Ringer recently where they opined that Draymond Green would start for almost every current NBA team.

Tyler Davis is a really good college player but not anywhere remotely close to a Draymond Green. Love him or hate him, Green is currently a top-15-ish player in the entire world, even if he is only the 3rd or 4th best player on his own team...but that is simply because the Warriors are unfair.
Harry Dunne
Pumpkinhead said:

NoahAg said:

Quote:

L.

OL.

I saw an article on the Ringer recently where they opined that Draymond Green would start for almost every current NBA team.

Tyler Davis is a really good college player but not anywhere remotely close to a Draymond Green. Love him or hate him, Green is currently a top-15-ish player in the entire world, even if he is only the 3rd or 4th best player on his own team...but that is simply because the Warriors are unfair.
is it really a revelation that an all-star would start for almost every NBA team? Don't you think he would start for every NBA team period, not just almost?
Harry Dunne
I have always thought that Tyler was a poor man's Sean May, if anyone remembers him...

But I also totally see the Reggie Miller/Yao hybrid thing.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Pumpkinhead said:

NoahAg said:

Quote:

L.

OL.

is it really a revelation that an all-star would start for almost every NBA team? Don't you think he would start for every NBA team period, not just almost?
My memory was wrong. Wasn't a Ringer article but a recent Sports Illustrated one.

Apparently Chris Webber opined that Draymond Green would NOT currently start for every NBA team, and this guy at SI went off and investigated the validity of Webber's take. His final take seems to be that Webber is wrong. Green would be in the starting rotation if added to any of the current NBA teams.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/04/25/draymond-green-chris-webber-comments-reaction-warriors-nba-playoffs

Quote:

Let's try to answer this emphatically: Would Green start for all 30 NBA teams? Exploring that claim by running through some of the most interesting examples only highlights Green's unique package of skills and his ability to defend multiple positions at an All-Defensive Team level.

Perhaps the toughest place to imagine him starting is in New Orleans when both Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins are healthy. Green brings tremendous value at both the four and the five, and the Pelicans are the only team that sports legit All-Stars at both spots. Nevertheless, Green could slide down to the three, forming an excellent defensive trio with Davis and Jrue Holiday without taking touches away from Davis and Cousins.

Harry Dunne
Quote:

To be blunt, Webber's statement is nonsensical

Disproving Webber's idiotic takes must be the easiest job in sports.
MidTnAg
AG
bobinator said:

Who cares what their star rating is now, we've seen these guys for a whole season.

If Davis is back, you're basically at a four-out offense which is workable. If Davis doesn't come back, we're probably screwed anyway and I imagine we're going to jack up threes like crazy.
We are NOT a great 3-point shooting team.

If we "jack up threes like crazy", we will definitely finish in the bottom half of the SEC.
GE
AG
MidTnAg said:

bobinator said:

Who cares what their star rating is now, we've seen these guys for a whole season.

If Davis is back, you're basically at a four-out offense which is workable. If Davis doesn't come back, we're probably screwed anyway and I imagine we're going to jack up threes like crazy.
We are NOT a great 3-point shooting team.

If we "jack up threes like crazy", we will definitely finish in the bottom half of the SEC.
Our new guy can really shoot it. Gilder can shoot. Starks can shoot when he's taking smart shots.
DukeMu
Harry Dunne said:

I have always thought that Tyler was a poor man's Sean May, if anyone remembers him...

But I also totally see the Reggie Miller/Yao hybrid thing.

May is a better analogy that Hansbrough, although both are 2 inches shorter. Hansbrough can't pass. Davis can.

Green has become a good passer within the system, but that only became true the last 3 years. 32% 3FG shooter. Tyler has better post moves - this was the first year he played some above the rim. I haven't given up on an NBA contract for him. He could blow up this year.

rainag78
It is possible to play two post players if you have a distributing point that can score and two shooters. I think we are going to have that. In any case it looks that nebo is not as iffensively challenged as williams who got most of his points on dunks and had almost no low post foitwork or moves. Lets face it he had no work ethic and didnt uae his soph year well
rainag78
Biggest limitation for tyler is his passing out of the post. Simply have to keep turnovers low if you are going to handle the ball a lot and maximize your time on the court. He can improve his outside shot which he has worked on. His body is way better. He can be on an nba roster if he has a real strong senior year
expresswrittenconsent
Would you care to wager on whether nebo will put up stats that exceed the lazy bum who didn't work hard, aka robert williams?
Method Man
fightinags2013 said:

Need the laugh/cry for that Draymond Green/Tyler Davis comparison.
That's gotta be one of the worst takes I've ever seen on here- and that is saying something.

https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/2731668/1#discussion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.