2018 NCAA Tournament Best Moments

1,510 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BBDP
Hylights
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This year's NCAA tournament included the largest upset in tournament history, a 16-seed over a 1-seed, two 13-seed over 4-seed upsets, phenomenal dunks, an 11-seed making it to the Final Four, 20+ point comebacks, 5 buzzer beaters, Cinderella stories, Villanova winning their 2nd title in three years, and much, much more. I had a great time watching this year's tournament and made this video to relive the best parts of it and it would mean a lot to me if you checked it out.

Double Diamond
I thought it went from interesting to pretty poor quickly. Wasn't a fan of this tournament.
Method Man
Classic. It was one of the best tournaments ever.
Double Diamond
I know that's what everyone is saying. I didn't find it that way.
Method Man
Which one stands out for you?
Double Diamond
I liked the 89 tourney better.
Method Man
You had to go back twenty years tells a story doesn't it?
Bonfired
AG
89 was pretty chalky, even though there were two near-misses in the 1-16 games (Georgetown over Princeton by 1, Oklahoma over E. Tennessee St. by 1) and only one #1 seed got to the FF (Illinois). There was no worse than a 5 seed in the Elite 8 (Virginia, who got trounced by Michigan).

Championship game was a great one...I am sure Seton Hall fans have still not forgiven John Clougherty for his call that sent Rumeal Robinson to the line.

I think the basketball played was better then because the teams stayed together longer. Glen Rice was a senior, and the teams that went far were junior and senior heavy, by and large.

This year's first couple of rounds were off the rails fun, though. The Final Four lacked suspense, but most of that was Villanova being so dominant. They were a pleasure to watch.
Double Diamond
92 and 93 were fun. 2010 and 2012 were fun.
Pumpkinhead
AG
-First ever win by a #16 seed over #1 seed.
-My favorite team (Texas A&M) beating a #2 seed North Carolina in Charlotte, arguably the most impressive NCAA tournament win in school history.
-The 98-year old nun Sister Jean praying her team to a Final Four.
-Villanova dropping 13 three pointers in first half on Kansas, and generally just smoking everybody to cruise to a national title with insane numbers on offense (essentially a college version of current Golden State Warriors/Houston Rockets).

Pretty sure all of the above will make the 2018 tournament stick out in my mind more than most, when looking back many years from now.
Method Man
yep^
mikesyracuse1
Great tournament this year. Especially the first two rounds. My trip to charlotte was one of the more memorable experiences I've had in the stands and I go to most of the final fours.

Diamond mentioned the 1993 tournament and I agree for personal reasons. That was a great tournament.

Mikesyracuse1
ccrouch001
AG
Seeing both Windmill Williams dunks in person with my daughters!
_lefraud_
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

Great tournament this year. Especially the first two rounds. My trip to charlotte was one of the more memorable experiences I've had in the stands and I go to most of the final fours.

Diamond mentioned the 1993 tournament and I agree for personal reasons. That was a great tournament.

Mikesyracuse1

OT loss to Florida State and a chance to play UK in the region final?
mikesyracuse1
_lefraud_ said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

OT loss to Florida State and a chance to play UK in the region final?

Nice Lefraud! Sam Cassell, Charlie Ward and Bob Sura cut my weekend a little short that season.

Mikesyracuse1
94chem
The Loyola Marymount - Michigan game in 1990 was the most entertaining 30 point blowout ever. How would you like to score 115 points in 40 minutes...and lose by 30+? YouTube this if you haven't seen it.
_lefraud_
AG
I'm guessing Charlie Ward is the only Heisman winner to play in the NCAA tournament?
mikesyracuse1
_lefraud_ said:

I'm guessing Charlie Ward is the only Heisman winner to play in the NCAA tournament?

I would think that is true. He was a great athlete and played 11 years in the NBA and was also drafted twice for Major League Baseball.

Mikesyracuse1
94chem
Julius Peppers played on a Final 4 team. That was pretty impressive.
_lefraud_
AG
So did Kenny Lofton at Arizona.
BBDP
AG
91 was probably the best for me. My brother was a UNLV fan and I was a Duke fan.
I barley even remember the 89 tournament (I was 11 going on 12).

I remember those Arkansas teams with Todd Day, Oliver Miller and Lee Maberry... saw them live twice (89 and 90?) The left the conference the next year.
I remembered a little bit about Hank Gathers.....

I think where it hits in your life sticks with you more than anything. I was all about basketball from 12 till I was 20. I back at it again since my oldest is into it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.