Reports - Admon to enter NBA Draft (Not Hiring Agent)

6,357 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DukeMu
mgmgrand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
per Bleacher Report and a Rothstein tweet.

I think he'll be back. Hope he enjoys the process and comes away with some good evaluation.

On second thought, there is just so much that he does well on a basketball court, I'm sure scouts will enjoy what they see.
TMartin
I loved watching Gilder play because he was always a tough defender and gave 100% effort. If Admon wasn't being shifted around constantly I think his offensive stats would have been much better but BK was never able to solve his rotation problems for one reason or another.. I hope AG gets a chance at the next level.
bobinator
AG
TMartin said:

If Admon wasn't being shifted around constantly I think his offensive stats would have been much better but BK was never able to solve his rotation problems for one reason or another..
What? Admon played basically the same position at least about 85% of the time. The only time he wasn't at the 2 was after the Wilson injury/Caldwell boot, and even then the only time he wasn't at the two was when Starks was out of the game and I'm not sure what choice you think BK had at that point.
Method Man
Good for Admon.
TMartin
bobinator said:

TMartin said:

If Admon wasn't being shifted around constantly I think his offensive stats would have been much better but BK was never able to solve his rotation problems for one reason or another..
What? Admon played basically the same position at least about 85% of the time. The only time he wasn't at the 2 was after the Wilson injury/Caldwell boot, and even then the only time he wasn't at the two was when Starks was out of the game and I'm not sure what choice you think BK had at that point.
Maybe the other choice Kennedy had was a guy named Caldwell. The same guy Kennedy babysat to get him into A&M and then through a year when he was ineligible. Didn't Kennedy recruit Collins to play point? Just my opinion.
bobinator
AG
Are you arguing that we should have played Collins more?
Gap
AG
Being versatile would help a player's evaluation not hurt it. He was given an opportunity to show versatility.
Aston04
AG
Caldwell- was a horrible choice by the staff (and highly overrated by our "expert insiders" watching him practice). But as I understand, Stansberry was a big part of that recruitment too, so can't totally fault BK. More my issue with BK is I don't think he understands well enough what pieces fit well into his style of play, when recruiting. Guys that thrive in up tempo and high motion systems, but can't shoot, are not a good fit.

Collins- Yes he's a walkon, but staff has dumped a lot of resources into him (including giving him a scholarship at least one year when it became available). By this point, they should have found a better invited walkon pg to take emergency minutes, when needed (or make it a priority to have yet another scholarship guard to the mix that can cover it).

Again, of couse not upset with Collins, he works his butt of when he is in. Just there's got to be a better option for an invited walkon--- especially given 2 of the last 3 years the top invited walkon pg (Collins) has gotten important minutes. That should be a priority to fix.

bobinator
AG
Aston04 said:

Caldwell- was a horrible choice by the staff (and highly overrated by our "expert insiders" watching him practice). But as I understand, Stansberry was a big part of that recruitment too, so can't totally fault BK.
This thread is going to all kinds of weird places and we're not even at ten posts yet. You're saying we can't totally fault the head coach for a player he chose to bring onto the team?

If there's a roster problem we can absolutely 100% blame the head coach.

I don't want to derail this thread since it's about Admon, my only point with the first post is that Admon wasn't really impacted by our injury/suspension situation (other than the fact the he was, obviously, injured himself.) He almost exclusively played the two anyway.
Aston04
AG
^No I was trying to be fair in saying that Stansberry liked him too and was a big part of his recruitment, as I understand.

Stansberry wanting a kid does mean something to me given I believe he is a better overall head coach than BK to begin with.

Of course end blame goes to the head coach. I pot bang enough on here, trust me. Trying to be fair in my criticism.
Method Man
Caldwell would have been better under HC Stansbury.
Method Man
Sorry. Good for Admon. I think he should stay because unlike Tyler he has parts of his game that could be showcased better.
bobinator
AG
Method Man said:

Sorry. Good for Admon. I think he should stay because unlike Tyler he has parts of his game that could be showcased better.
I kind of think if Tyler stays in the draft it would make Gilder more likely to come back. If Tyler comes back, we're still going to be an inside-first team. But if he doesn't, we might not have any choice other than to just let it fly from beyond the arc and a season of doing that might showcase Gilder's skills a lot more.
TMartin
bobinator said:

Are you arguing that we should have played Collins more?
No, not at all. I'm saying recruiting and behavior has been a problem and the head coach owns the program. I started out by saying I like Gilder and wish him the best.
Nino Brown
Method Man said:

And Carsen Edwards would of been better under either one of them.
Method Man
Oh yeah
halfastros81
AG
jmo, but I expect Tyler and Admon to both play college ball again next yr.
500,000ags
AG
Gilder played almost an entire year out of position.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Method Man said:

Seven Costanza
AG
I might be misremembering, but didn't Admon play a ton at PG (out of position) during the 2016-2017 season?
bobinator
AG
500,000ags said:

Gilder played almost an entire year out of position.
Yeah, but it wasn't this year.
GrayMatter
AG
Method Man said:

Because he would have buried the evidence?
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

Method Man said:

I kind of think if Tyler stays in the draft it would make Gilder more likely to come back. If Tyler comes back, we're still going to be an inside-first team. But if he doesn't, we might not have any choice other than to just let it fly from beyond the arc and a season of doing that might showcase Gilder's skills a lot more.

What Davis does will have no impact whatsoever on what Gilder does. He either grades out high and leaves, or he doesn't grade out high and returns...independent of what Davis does.
bobinator
AG
You're probably right, I shouldn't have said it will make him more likely to come back because obviously I have no idea what he's thinking or hearing.

What I really just meant is just that I think he'll have more of a chance to improve his draft stock if Davis doesn't come back. If Davis does come back, he'll have basically the same role next year, but if Davis doesn't he could get to do a lot more offensively.
Method Man
I was joking, but Caldwell was his recruit and he would've watched over him better than the assistants who ignored him. And yes he would've hidden evidence better.
mikesyracuse1
Good move by both players. It's really a no brainer for Admon, Tyler and Hogg. All three should be back in an Aggie uniform next season and the Aggies will have three senior starters.

Mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

Good move by both players. It's really a no brainer for Admon, Tyler and Hogg. All three should be back in an Aggie uniform next season and the Aggies will have three senior starters.

Mikesyracuse1
about time Mike. The only reason that I've kept clicking on this thread was to see if you would once again give us this status update.
wacarnolds
AG
Hope Admon really impresses everyone and then comes back

Method Man
Aggie Nation and Go Aggies.
Method Man
thanks mike
BBDP
AG
I think he is a better college player than Caruso was but has less potential from an NBA standpoint.
He already does all the little things well. He is about 2" shorter and not as explosive. Not sure about his reach. He is also a more natural 2 where he is undersized. Caruso had more versatility potential.

I wish him the best but selfishly hope he comes back for his Sr year.
He is an all time A&M great if he has 4 years to amass the stats.
TyperWoods
I wish the best for him. Hope he's back next season, but don't blame him if he takes a pro opportunity.

We will be weaker without him.
jnocar
BBDP: "better college player than Caruso"

Don't remember seein a better player at A&M. Sure enjoyed seein play of both.

Good comments, all.
pirmag
AG
It is a good idea to go through the process but I hope to see Gilder, Davis and Hogg in maroonnext year.
Gig'em
Method Man
Acie Law was better than both of them.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.