Who do you have?

803 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sananag
Dancer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm betting on Villanova. I feel like the sentiment across the board both here and in other places has been that Michigan shouldn't have made it this far, that the ball has rolled their way a bit and they have overachieved so far. I feel as though that is a common sentiment.
bobinator
AG
I think "the ball has rolled their way a bit" and "they have overachieved" are separate things because I'd agree with one and disagree with the other. They're certainly talented enough and good enough to be the national champions. They're a three seed after all, so I would disagree that they've overachieved.

But they certainly are lucky to be in this game, there's no debating that.

I like Villanova because they're better and they have more good players, but I wouldn't really be shocked or anything if Michigan wins.
wacarnolds
AG
i think it's fair to say they've overachieved, at least relative to their raw talent and even their seed. It's not absurd that a 3-seed makes the Finals, but it's not really expected either, and I'm not sure they would be in the Finals without their side of the bracket completely falling apart.

I like Villanova tonight, they're playing about as well as humanly possible during this tourney run.

Spread is currently -7, and Michigan is ~3:1 underdog.
bobinator
AG
I mean we can split hairs on what overachieved means. They've been favored in every game of the NCAA Tournament until tonight so it's not like they've pulled off some miracle upsets or played above their heads or anything.

But I get that the flip side of that is that obviously a three seed being in the national championship game is, by definition, overachieving.

Their path goes back to the "ball bouncing their way" thing because they're definitely lucky not only in the fact that they could have very easily lost to Houston, but also in how easy their road to the championship has been.
hoya-ag
AG
bobinator said:

I like Villanova because they're better and they have more good players, but I wouldn't really be shocked or anything if Michigan wins.
+1
Aston04
AG
I think Michigan is a team of destiny. I think they win tonight. Should be fun.
Sananag
Go michigan. Better to have lost to the champs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.