Shooters

2,916 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Method Man
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If they aren't moving the line back or penalizing teams one point for missed threes we need more 3 point shooters. I hope our grad transfer is a shooter. I hope Flagg shoots 300 3s a day along with DJ and Admon. I think Starks could be a good shooter.
Ags #1
AG
We got Hogg bro. And when is the last time we have had more than 3 good 3 point shooters on the court and the same time??
Aston04
AG
We value recruiting athletes over shooters. Caldwell was a great example. We do need more shooters.

I do think the line is moving back to the FIBA line.
TMartin
Guys like House could get off a quality three whenever needed. The guys on the team now need to get the ball in space to shoot threes and that requires somebody to distribute the ball. The point guard/shooting guard situation at A&M is still up in the air.
Pumpkinhead
AG
If your goal is to build a team like Nova, a college version of the current Houston Rockets, good luck with that.

All you need is guys who can pass, dribble, and shoot threes at every position on the floor, led by a guy like Brunson who is an All-American future NBA point guard (a college James Harden) that is ultra efficient and manages the show.

Then add a great coach who has installed a fun system (space and shoot threes!) and great culture and might be the best coach in college basketball right now, and the Final Four appearances and titles can start rolling in.

One Small moment that sticks out in my Head last night about Nova, and it wasn't one of the 127 threes they made. It was a play in second half where Brunson almost stole the ball and fell partly into media row and all four of the other Nova players instantaneously ran to him like their pants were on fire to pick him up.

I wonder if an NBA team might eventually try to seduce Wright, and if it was the right one, if he would jump. Similar to Brad Stevens, Wright looks like one of those very few college coaches who could maybe do really well in NBA. Would love to see him say coach a team like the Bucks and see how he would do.
Pumpkinhead
AG
TMartin said:

Guys like House could get off a quality three whenever needed. The guys on the team now need to get the ball in space to shoot threes and that requires somebody to distribute the ball. The point guard/shooting guard situation at A&M is still up in the air.

If Davis and Hogg both come back, move Hogg to the 4 and recruit one more wing grad transfer shooter for more depth..

Primarily Have only one big on the floor at a time ( Davis or Nebo)
Method Man
We just need more shooters.
Double Diamond
Hogg ain't a shooter so yea more are needed.
GE
AG
Someone give us some damn shooters
Method Man
Gotta have em!
GE
AG
Starks has a nice looking shot. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a 38% three point shooter or better.

Wonder if this kid Jones can shoot. Chris Harris looks like he has a decent shot.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Has A&M ever had a 'GREAT' three point shooting team, that could put at least 4 out of 5 players out on the court at the same time who could consistently really light it up from behind the arc?

Nova is wild. They got an All-American future NBA point guard who is a great three shooter. A future NBA lottery pick wing who is a great three point shooter. Their 5 position big is a good three point shooter who takes multiple attempts per game. Oh, and then pretty much everyone else is also a good shooter like that white kid coming off the bench who is a 6th man all-star type with potential to light it up for 20+ points in a game. I remember him single handily torching Bama in this NCAA in the first half of their game and he was coming off the bench!

Double Diamond
Anyone expecting anything like Villanova isn't being realistic.
GE
AG
Double Diamond said:

Hogg ain't a shooter so yea more are needed.
Define shooter
Method Man
How about expecting shooters?
MMantle
AG
We have plenty of shooters, need more makers.

RR
Method Man
Pumpkinhead
AG
There is the typical D1 college game shooting, and then there is Villanova shooting. I'd be fine making them the 3-seed in the Western Conference playoffs next month.

Quote:

Eric Paschall, Jalen Brunson, and the Wildcats did more than just rout the Jayhawks in their national semifinal matchup. They put on a clinic in what perfect college basketball offense looks like.

The Wildcats scoring big is the safest bet in college basketball. Nova has the second most efficient offense since 2002, according to KenPom, and there's a case to be made that it has one of the most dynamic offenses in the history of the sport.

https://www.theringer.com/march-madness/2018/4/1/17185164/villanova-wildcats-offense-final-four-kansas

Deputy Travis Junior
Damn. Nova had a few pull-up and iso 3s, but probably 9-10 of those 13 were good to great looks. Kansas looked terrible on defense. They lost Nova players time after time.
Double Diamond
Amazing how a bad defensive team looked bad against a great offensive team.
USNAggie44
I would like to see Hogg at the four, but I really doubt he would come back for his senior year.
GrayMatter
AG
I don't see how he (Hogg) doesn't come back. If he show's he can be proficient at the 4, then his opportunities for a career after college suddenly looks brighter.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
Deputy Travis Junior
AggieBaller98 said:

I don't see how he (Hogg) doesn't come back. If he show's he can be proficient at the 4, then his opportunities for a career after college suddenly looks brighter.
How do I put this delicately...? Hogg's disciplinary history does not indicate that he is an adept forward thinker.
77Aggie
AG
Truth doesn't have to be delicate. However, who knows. He may grow up & be a leader. That is one of BKs passions.
500,000ags
AG
No one expects Nova. However, we make it look impossible to have a 2/3 who is a legitimate 40% shooter from the college 3 pt line. It's so pitiful and sad.
wacarnolds
AG
500,000ags said:

No one expects Nova. However, we make it look impossible to have a 2/3 who is a legitimate 40% shooter from the college 3 pt line. It's so pitiful and sad.
We've had shooters put up the following #s the past 2 seasons, all on 100+ 3PA

41%
40%
38%
38%
37%
BBDP
AG
Admon shot 39.5% this year.
Method Man
Do we usually have 2-4 guys around there?
Method Man
Maybe it's the guys that shoot them that shouldn't or that they're all kind of streaky it seems outside of Admon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.