Could we hire Jay Wright?

3,370 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Electric
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wanted to get this thread out of the way
Double Diamond
Has had his issues. But when he is on as good a coach on defense and offense as there is. I like a bit less five out offense. I'm still a guy who likes more banging inside.
_lefraud_
AG
Jay Wright and Billy Kennedy have the same amount of Sweet Sixteen over the last 9 years...
EXCELL
OMG.
Yeah, they're on par.
Method Man
Good point.
dixichkn
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Jay Wright and Billy Kennedy have the same amount of Sweet Sixteen over the last 9 years...
Oh well, since you put it that way......another extension for Billy please. We're sitting on a goldmine!
Barry Potter 09
He's been at Villanova since 2001. He's gonna be one of those coaches, at this rate, who ain't leaving.
Method Man
Happy Easter, Barry!
Blazer
AG
He would only leave for one job, and let's just say the Nova fans are happy that the 76ers are winning.
GrayMatter
AG
I dunno if we would have been that patient.

He went to 3 straight NIT when he first started at Nova.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
Double Diamond
Young coach then and old Big East which was a bone crusher vs the cup cake league here.
Method Man
BK went to one. Great point otherwise.
_lefraud_
AG
Method Man said:

BK went to one. Great point otherwise.
BK went to NONE his first three years...
Double Diamond
The people who continue to act like Kennedy was unfairly criticized need a clue.
Method Man
Yikes! That's terrible! I'm sure we would have run Jay off, though.
_lefraud_
AG
Method Man said:

Yikes! That's terrible! I'm sure we would have run Jay off, though.

First it was Coach K, now it's Jay Wright. Who will be next?!
bero88
Double Diamond said:

Has had his issues. But when he is on as good a coach on defense and offense as there is. I like a bit less five out offense. I'm still a guy who likes more banging inside.
Issues? What issues has he had? been to what 3 final fours, 4 elite eights, and probably 6 or 7 sweet 16s...
Double Diamond
Villanova fans were pretty unhappy early on. Has had a few early exits with high seeds.
cedar
Never going anywhere. Wife went to Nova and his family love Philadelphia. 76ers will eventually make a big offer but people there say he won't take it. Of course for enough money anything is possible.
Method Man
Oh shucks! Oh well. Maybe we can get Beilein. Maybe Boeheim wants a change of scenery?
expresswrittenconsent
AggieBaller98 said:

I dunno if we would have been that patient.

He went to 3 straight NIT when he first started at Nova.

Great point.
TXAggie2011
AG
Double Diamond said:

Has had his issues

Villanova fans were pretty unhappy early on. Has had a few early exits with high seeds.
He started with the three NITs, but his first two NCAA tournaments ended in the Sweet 16 (5 seed) and Elite 8 (1 seed).

Yeah, he then had the first round loss (as a 9 seed, however) but that was followed by the Sweet 16 (12 seed) and a Final 4 (3 seed).

I can't say off-hand that I know Villanova fans from back then but I'm skeptical they were, as a whole, all that upset over his early NCAA tournament resume.

I'll say as an outsider, that nothing about that says "problem" or "issues" and most about that says "impressive work."

He had more issues during that lull a few years ago...but everything is ancient history now.
Double Diamond
I follow Cincinnati and WVU going back to the old Big East Days. Villanova was very uneasy with Jay Wright.
Electric
AG
Is this a joke? BK would have gotten a raise if he started with 3 straight NIT's.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.