Reward the 2 point shot

2,713 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAggie2011
Sananag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think one way to put more of a significance on the inside game would be to take one point away every time a player takes and misses a 3 point shot. Just an idea.
MarcAg
AG
Are we doing this and raising the rims to 12 feet?
Know Your Enemy
AG
This may be the dumbest thing ever posted on TexAgs. That is quite an accomplishment.
GE
AG
Taking a point is too harsh. Maybe we can focus more on physical impediments. Like 20 pushups for a missed three pointer or play in socks for 4 minutes for a missed layup? If we combine some of these rules with weighted balls and higher rims then attendance will soar
EliteZags
AG
Fantasy scoring 2pts per eb/ast/blk/stl
Belton Ag
AG
OP only has 43 posts but I'll be damned if they aren't all instant classics. Young gun coming on strong across multiple boards.
mcag83
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

I think one way to put more of a significance on the inside game would be to take one point away every time a player takes and misses a 3 point shot. Just an idea.

You chose the wrong time to give up sniffing glue.
LawHall88
AG
I think every time a player misses a free throw, he should get kicked in the nuts. Just an idea.
PascalsWager
AG
You may romanticize ugly ass contested baby hooks from 5 feet away OR you may pretend that every shot in the paint is an uncontested dunk.

It doesn't matter; adapt or die. If its not a free throw or an uncontested point blank dunk/layup, it better be a three.
TyperWoods
I'd be happy with no celebratory high-fives for missed FTs

WTF?
TempleAg97
AG
I think the OP should write a "memorandum" about this. Isn't this the same guy who posted that?
rrtodds
AG
Take a 3, make +3 ... miss it -1. I like it
txjortsagent
AG
I'm old school. My vote is every time you miss a three point shot, you get the living **** beaten out of you.

That'll stop all this **** and put the focus back on the inside game for sure.
RomanAg11
LouisvilleAg
AG
I think we should put bases on the court and we should be able to hurl insults and distract each other as we play to make people miss.

TMartin
The game has changed. Carrying and palming the ball are not called, traveling is ignored much of the time, you can put your hands all over opponents on defense, etc. The game will probably change again so just watch it or turn it off.
Double Diamond
Look three point shooting at a record high is here to stay. It's like spread football.
GE
AG
They might push that line back. Didn't they do it in the NIT? Any results on shooting % and shot selection?
AggieJ2002
AG
Wow, go 5-10 from 3 point range and only end up with 10 points? The Rockets would be in the lottery this season
Deputy Travis Junior
If I'm not mistaken you're already awarded 2 points for making a 2 point shot. That sounds like an appropriate reward to me.
CactusThomas
AG
No, if you really want to reward the 2, you make it worth 3.

Of course this assumes we're playing on the previously proposed 12 ft rim.

Lots of good ideas, keep em coming.
Iowaggie
AG
I think a meaningful rule change would be any player that makes at exactly 12 points on 5 consecutive shots gets to pick any cheerleader from the other team to have sex with, but if you go over 12 points, it has to be a male cheerleader.
halfastros81
AG
Moving the 3 point line back a few feet would accomplish OP's goal.
Double Diamond
The three point shot is here to stay. I get acused of not embracing modern basketball. And I can accept this idea of the value of three point buckets.

And again teams do not shoot good enough to try and make things harder.
CactusThomas
AG
Add a third hoop in the middle of the court. Shots in that one are worth 1 point.

It's coming. If you can't get on board, you're just being intentionally stubborn.
jeffdjohnson
Dunks should be worth 2.156 points. Missed dunks should remove 1.23 points. Windmill dunks get a 2x multiplier for both makes and misses.
LawHall88
AG
How about this, from the semi-pro American Basketball Association:

Quote:

• Half-Court violation: the ABA is 7 seconds opposed to 8 seconds in the NBA to get across the half-court line. If an ABA team is not successful in getting over the half-court line within 7 seconds it results in a turnover which initiates the 3D light
  • When the 3D Light is on: 2 pt. shots = 3 pts. | 3 pt. shots = 4 pts. | a half-court shot = 5 pts.

http://abaliveaction.com/about-the-aba/

Apparently a shot from beyond half court is 4 points.

greg.w.h
AG
The "catch up" mechanics on the ABA rules are actually intriguing. In the same sense that the Canadian Football League with three downs is an accelerated be soon of American football, shouldn't it be sponsored by the Canadian Basketball Association?
Double Diamond
Dumb is all I can say.
old yeller
AG
GE said:

Taking a point is too harsh. Maybe we can focus more on physical impediments. Like 20 pushups for a missed three pointer or play in socks for 4 minutes for a missed layup? If we combine some of these rules with weighted balls and higher rims then attendance will soar
TyHolden
AG
Just move it further back
TXAggie2011
AG
AggieJosh2002 said:

Wow, go 5-10 from 3 point range and only end up with 10 points? The Rockets would be in the lottery this season
Golden State shoots their league leading average and they're scoring 6 points per 10 3-pointers taken.

If you do not like the three-pointer, its quite the rule.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.