Josh Nebo

4,162 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TjgtAg08
#Mke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://12thman.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4959

Just read about Josh Nebo on the Aggie website. Not quite as worried about our situation at the 4 spot now. Dude is 6'9" and had 144 blocks in two seasons at Saint Francis U, which was a school record.

Obviously losing Rob will hurt us, but it seems like Nebo is a similar player who could slide in and replace Rob's style of play. He didn't play at all this past season due to NCAA transfer rules, but he averaged over 12 points and over 8 rebounds last season.

Gig 'Em.
Method Man
Thanks for sharing this thing we all knew about once you learned about it. I keed I keed!
Wearamaskaggie
AG
Talked to him the other day, and he said he'll keep the windmills coming next year in memory of Rob.
expresswrittenconsent
Wizard
He good
TMartin
I was happy to see Nebo transfer to A&M but not sure if BK and staff can maximize his abilities.
expresswrittenconsent
I would imagine that stat wise he will provide about half the production of Williams but he should still be a plus post defender for us.
Con Spirito
Nebo had 11 points on 5 of 12 shooting and 7 rebounds against us at Reed on 12/21/16 in an 81-58 Aggie win over Nebo's former team.
mazag08
AG
TMartin said:

I was happy to see Nebo transfer to A&M but not sure if BK and staff can maximize his abilities.

If anything, BK's track record with big men is the last thing to worry about. If he was a guard I might worry a little.
Aston04
AG
I want to see him play backup 5 to Davis, hopefully. I think Michigan exposed pretty good. BK's team could really use a 4 that can shoot & defend inside/outside. Like to see Hogg get bigger and play a bunch there.

Starks/Transfer pg?/Gilder
Gilder/Chandler/Jones
Flagg/Jones/Walker/Hogg
Hogg/Nebo
Davis/Nebo/Jasey

Edit: Chandler at guard

Wearamaskaggie
AG
Aston04 said:

I want to see him play backup 5 to Davis, hopefully. I think Michigan exposed pretty good. BK's team could really use a 4 that can shoot & defend inside/outside. Like to see Hogg get bigger and play a bunch there.

Starks/Transfer pg?/Gilder
Gilder/Caldwell/Jones
Flagg/Jones/Walker/Hogg
Hogg/Nebo
Davis/Nebo/Jasey

After seeing him play, his jumpshot looks okay, but it's not something that is lethal or anything. Dude has bunnies tho.
Method Man
You think we maximized Tyler and Robert?
rrtodds
AG
Is it safe to assume Aston04 meant to say Chandler rather than Caldwell?
txag72
AG
If Tyler comes back next year and we make the Dance, does BK earn points?
Wearamaskaggie
AG
Come on now, BK will never earn points with these clowns. Lol
_lefraud_
AG
txag72 said:

If Tyler comes back next year and we make the Dance, does BK earn points?
Does he lose points for not making the dance?
Aston04
AG
rrtodds said:

Is it safe to assume Aston04 meant to say Chandler rather than Caldwell?
Yes! hahah
EliteZags
AG
found his updated measurables he's actually 7'7 330lbs

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/joshua-nebo/qii9rTy9EeOZXQAmVebBJg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm
DukeMu
Solid defender and rebounder for St. Joe's (NEC DPOY). I don't expect much offense besides putbacks.
MarcAg
AG
DukeMu said:

Solid defender and rebounder for St. Joe's (NEC DPOY). I don't expect much offense besides putbacks.

I expect more offensive game than Rob. Not saying a lot.
TjgtAg08
AG
MarcAg said:

DukeMu said:

I expect more offensive game than Rob. Not saying a lot.
Rob averaged almost 11 pts a game this year (along with 9 rebounds) and shot 63% from the floor ... if Nebo comes in and has a better offensive game than that, I'll be blown away and we will win the SEC (assuming Davis and Gilder return).

Rob was not polished offensively, and didn't really have a back-to-the-basket game, but he was pretty dang good for us on offensive, with his biggest knock being that he didn't play aggressively more often.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.