Here are some comments from the Michigan coach

8,873 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wearamaskaggie
2nd Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://mgoblue.com/watch/?Archive=12138&type=Archive

Interesting comments . Seems to be a practical grounded coach.
---Says our offense is simplistic.
---they focus on 3 point shooting
---says we are similar to Michigan state and Purdue
---interesting comments on Starks.says he will make shots but also miss shots

This is going to be a tough game. They are riding high and didn't think they played well but still won. they won the big 10 tourney and is on a roll.
EO718
agfan1030
Quote:

Says our offense is simplistic.
Yep. Give it to Tyler or Robert.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
How is it interesting? All of his points are spot on.
bobinator
AG
agfan1030 said:

Quote:

Yeah, simple is fine. In fact if anything I think we get too far away from the basics sometimes on offense. It really shouldn't be very complicated for us.
BigOil
AG
We're riding higher.
ProudAg16
AG
mengland said:

This is going to be a tough game. They are riding high and didn't think they played well but still won. they won the big 10 tourney and is on a roll.
Damn. We're good.
Method Man
Quote:

e and Purdue

That is interesting!
rocky the dog
AG
If simplistic works, give me simplistic.
agmeister
S
Didn't Gilder have 30?
BattlinB
AG
mengland said:

They were on a roll and won the big 10 last year after the plane problems. They lost in the sweet 16.
aginlakeway
AG
mengland said:

Good to see you posting again. You made a 100 bet about the Aggies making the NCAA tournament. You lost that bet. When will payment be made?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
CactusThomas
AG
If they are riding high after depending on the refs to bail them out of the uh game, then how are we feeling after embarrassing last year's champs in their home state?
buffalo chip
S
aginlakeway said:

mengland said:

Good to see you posting again. You made a 100 bet about the Aggies making the NCAA tournament. You lost that bet. When will payment be made?
Even though it means giving up $100, I like the ignore function for Mengland. Makes life easier...
aginlakeway
AG
buffalo chip said:

aginlakeway said:

mengland said:

Even though it means giving up $100, I like the ignore function for Mengland. Makes life easier...
I do as well. I will go back to ignoring him as soon as the bet is paid.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
BBQ4Me
AG
He was mentioning Starks missing in the context of UM needs to prevent A&M from getting the easy offensive rebounds off the misses
2nd Generation Ag
Look aginlakeway you threaten to turn me in because you didn't like what I had to say. you told me to leave you alone. Now you come crawling back looking for money. Can't have it both ways Be a freakin man. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you go hide under a rock until you get good news.
EO718
Brock Sampson
AG
mengland said:

Sounds like a Perd Hapley quote!
aginlakeway
AG
mengland said:

Look aginlakeway you threaten to turn me in because you didn't like what I had to say. you told me to leave you alone. Now you come crawling back looking for money. Can't have it both ways Be a freakin man. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you go hide under a rock until you get good news.

Wow dude. Lol. I asked you to stop sending me harassing PMs about whether or not I wanted to go double or nothing on our bet whether this team would make the NCAA tournament. You asked me via PM if I still wanted "my man Kennedy" to be our coach. I asked you to stop PMing me because you were harassing me.

When have I ever hid under a rock? I'm not the one who posted over and over again about his much Kennedy and our basketball team sucks. And then you disappear. I have been a consistent texags poster for a decade. I never hide under a rock.

Our bet was that the loser would send 100 bucks to the TMF, not to each other. I could care less about taking your money. And I am not crawling back to you for money. I am not the one owed money. You owe the TMF money. So man up and pay them and let me know when our bet is settled.

Done with you. I expect you to man up and pay the TMF shortly.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Be a man and pay up!!
Canyon99
You made a bet now honor it.
wacarnolds
AG
Maybe it's bragging but I feel like I could afford to pay off a $100 bet I made
tbirdspur2010
AG
Brock Sampson said:

mengland said:

Sounds like a Perd Hapley quote!

It really does
ClassOf17
Well these comments definitely did get interesting.
Steeple
pay the man
mallen
AG
Beilein is a very straight shooter and his press conference reveals how to beat his team.

1) Guard the perimeter because they will take and make 3 pointers at a high volume.

2) Go hard right at Mo Wagner because he is prone to fouling. If he is sitting on the bench in foul trouble then the wolverines aren't nearly as effective.
Alpha Texan
AG
agfan1030 said:

Quote:

Recipe for instant offense:
Step 1 give it to one of your dominant posts down low
Step 2 Put in the court at 80 degrees
Step 3 wait 40 minutes
Step 4 Purchase Final 4 tickets
enjoy
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

depending on the refs to bail them out of the uh game

How does a team that makes a last second 3 point shot to win get bailed out by the officials?
Wearamaskaggie
AG
aginlakeway said:

mengland said:

Wow dude. Lol. I asked you to stop sending me harassing PMs about whether or not I wanted to go double or nothing on our bet whether this team would make the NCAA tournament. You asked me via PM if I still wanted "my man Kennedy" to be our coach. I asked you to stop PMing me because you were harassing me.

When have I ever hid under a rock? I'm not the one who posted over and over again about his much Kennedy and our basketball team sucks. And then you disappear. I have been a consistent texags poster for a decade. I never hide under a rock.

Our bet was that the loser would send 100 bucks to the TMF, not to each other. I could care less about taking your money. And I am not crawling back to you for money. I am not the one owed money. You owe the TMF money. So man up and pay them and let me know when our bet is settled.

Done with you. I expect you to man up and pay the TMF shortly.
Yeah, and show us your tits while you're at it!
BBQ4Me
AG
For those of you not familiar with Beilein, he's a brilliant coach, but also an adorable dork.

Here's how he celebrates games:
https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/3/19/14975472/2017-ncaa-tournament-march-madness-michigan-coach-john-beilein-water-gun-celebration

Here's how he likes to party:
"It was Patrick's (birthday on Sunday), we had subs. It was crazy. The whole thing was a knock down, drag out party."

"we had a heck of a party -- pizza and chicken wings, it was crazy over there."
buffalo chip
S
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

How does a team that makes a last second 3 point shot to win get bailed out by the officials?
On Michigan's second to last O possession against the Coogs, they missed a layup and a tip in. A Coog gets the rebound and a foul is called against Michigan. If the fall was not called, traveling on the Coog would have given Michigan the ball in the fore court. UH misses both free throws, Michigan rebounds and, after setting up their play during a timeout, scores the game winner. UH missing its free throws ended up costing them that game...

The refs called the game correctly at the end. During the rest of the game, the refs seemed to call an even game (to me...I did not look at the boxscore). I do not get the bolded statement...
LouisvilleAg
AG
The silence from mengland is deafening!
CactusThomas
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

You should have watched the game, it was pretty entertaining.
mazag08
AG
What kind of chump disappears over a $100 bet? Pay up.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Another in a long line of TexAgs welchers.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.