MIchigan scouting report?

3,698 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mallen
Tamu_mgm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seem to be good defensively, but have not cracked even 65 points in either round 1 or 2. Thoughts?
CactusThomas
AG
I could decipher these numbers easier if there was some charts.
CFTXAG10
AG
Michigan
5/16 from 3 against Montana
8/30 from 3 against Houston

In our game against UNC the Tar Heels shot 6/31 from 3 for 19.4% - gonna be important to chase the Wolverines off the line and/or contest the threes
bobinator
AG
Bondag
AG
bobinator said:

Can you add a column for all other teams?
CactusThomas
AG
Thanks, Bob
The Shank Ag
Not overly athletic. Good length on bigs but they like to play finesse and knock down 3s/15 footers. True two guard scheme. Not great at getting to the basket, don't shoot a lot of free throws. Penetration is usually followed by kick to outside.

Effective defense but not bangers low. Guards play fundamental on the ball defense, don't play for a lot of risky steals. In good position to rebound

Keys will be getting points in the paint, limiting them to low 3 percentage, taking care of glass on D, taking advantage when we do get offensive rebounds.
BQ_90
AG
bobinator said:

I'm saving that right next to my Marlon Pompey pie chart.
WolverineSherbs
Michigan offense goes as MAAR and Wagner go. If MAAR is hitting shots and Wagner is able to not pick up early fouls the offense succeeds If not, look at the games against Montana and Houston.....had to rely on defense heavily.

"You just don't know what Wagner is going to do. You don't know if he's going to stop and set a screen or if he's going to slip out of it, and when they do, there's five people behind the three-point line when he does that. And then when they swing it, here comes the drive. And if you're late with your help, the ball is in the opposite corner, and you've got Livers or Poole or Duncan Robinson, one of those guys, shooting threes."
DTP02
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

Seem to be good defensively, but have not cracked even 65 points in either round 1 or 2. Thoughts?

They didn't have great shooting nights on the first weekend, but they also play at a slow pace, so it's more about efficiency with them than it is total points.
The Shank Ag
Do you still have a copy of that... the laptop i made it on is long gone
CFTXAG10
AG
The Shank Ag said:

This one?

gougler08
AG
The charts and graphs thread is the best thread ever on this board
TheWoodsAg
AG
They play highly effective half court basketball on the offensive end with good screens and perimeter shooting. They don't rebound terribly well and they don't get to the line. Their defense has been better than most realize, especially against teams that should have dominated them in the post like MSU and Purdue.

We need Gilder to shutdown Abdur-Rahkman, not get caught in mismatches off of screens and contest all perimeter shots. On offense get Wagner in foul trouble early by abusing him in the post and posterize Duncan Robinson like Tracy McGrady used to do to Shawn Bradley. Make it look like the dunk contest we had against Kentucky at Reed and intimidate them out of the game early.
rgag12
AG
bobinator said:

Sandman23
AG
bobinator said:

You've upped your chart game since 2006, that's for damn sure.
------- Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2007
The Shank Ag
CFTXAG10 said:

The Shank Ag said:

This one?

May be my best post ever, gone way downhill after an early peak. Too bad blue stars didn't exist then
Fishing Fools
NM
bobinator
AG
I started to give Savion Flagg .1 for each of his bench windmills.
Tamu_mgm
AG
WolverineSherbs said:

Michigan offense goes as MAAR and Wagner go. If MAAR is hitting shots and Wagner is able to not pick up early fouls the offense succeeds If not, look at the games against Montana and Houston.....had to rely on defense heavily.

"You just don't know what Wagner is going to do. You don't know if he's going to stop and set a screen or if he's going to slip out of it, and when they do, there's five people behind the three-point line when he does that. And then when they swing it, here comes the drive. And if you're late with your help, the ball is in the opposite corner, and you've got Livers or Poole or Duncan Robinson, one of those guys, shooting threes."
Thanks for the input.
JJxvi
AG
https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/1304993/1
gougler08
AG
Looks like a bunch of the graphs have been removed, but we could retroactively make Shank Ag feel good about himself and star his graph
TyHolden
AG
Analytics don't lie
mallen
AG
Beilein is a very straight shooter and his press conference reveals how to beat his team.

1) Guard the perimeter because they will take and make 3 pointers at a high volume.

2) Go hard right at Mo Wagner because he is prone to fouling. If he is sitting on the bench in foul trouble then the wolverines aren't nearly as effective.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.