Final Four ticket question

2,228 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FriscoAggieFan
BeeringAintEasy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regardless of whether A&M makes it there, I am considering buying Final Four tickets. Right now, the cheapest are going for almost $300/person after fees.

For folks that have done it before, is there a strategy for buying them cheaper? I'm assuming demand depends on who wins this week, but is it better to wait it out until the field is trimmed down to 4?
Dengus
AG
Wait until KU or Kentucky is out. Lots of tickets will hit the market
Ags2013
AG
Dengus said:

Wait until KU or Kentucky is out. Lots of tickets will hit the market

Wouldn't they sky rocket if A&M makes it?
Sananag
Buy one get one if ITT tech makes it.
jacht1996
AG
I'm assuming if they come out, you can buy the package from 12thMan which would include the two semi finals and the championship. That would be better than the $300 online + fee's
mavsfan4ever
AG
Final Four will be more than $300 from 12th man. Sweet 16 is $270. And I don't think everyone will be guaranteed tix from 12th man for a San Antonio final four.
Ags2013
AG
True but hopefully they won't be in the balcony of the football stadium for $300
BeeringAintEasy
AG
Thanks for the info- I think I'll let it ride another round and then decide. Yea, I was thinking if I'm going to spend over $300, I want to at least see the court.
Leander - Ag
AG
Hope I'm shopping on Saturday night!
FTAG 2000
AG
Unless you have a suite at Kyle, count yourself out on getting tickets through TMF.
Ags2013
AG
Any idea how many tickets are allotted to the schools?
bruno319
AG
It used to be only about 4500 per school for allotment held back for the four teams that make it.

We went to the last Final Four in SA and being in the "cheap" seats wasn't horrible. We only paid face value for our all session passes, though ...$135 each. So, $300 now doesn't actually sound that bad.
Aggie
AG
Ags2013 said:

True but hopefully they won't be in the balcony of the football stadium for $300

This
I went to the 2011 championship game in Reliant between UCONN and Butler.
We were on the 1st level about even where the goaline would be in football configuration... So we were actually behind the basket.
Seats were terrible .. It was hard to even follow game because you're so far away. Buddy mine and his kid were seated in endzone directly behind the basket and they left before halftime because they couldn't see anything.
I would never pay $ to attend a basketball game in a football venue again.
I attended the A&M - Memphis game in Alamodome in 2007.. It wasn't terrible then because they only used less than half the stadium with a huge curtain down the middle. So everybody was closer to the action.
No way in hell that happens for final 4... They will sell every seat in the stadium.
I get the " well you're in the building" .. But basketball games in huge football stadiums half of the seats end up being absolutely terrible.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
^
^
THIS
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.