Congrats From a Baylor Bear...

2,810 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ontheway
Bearpitbull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Understanding that a note from a Baylor alum on this site is about as welcome as crashing funerals for ladies (I'm not judging you Chazz, you're an innovator!) but if you would allow me a quick post,,,

Growing up in Indiana and having a kid play some college basketball, I love the game. I am also an Aggie parent so tend to watch Texas A&M basketball more than the average non-grad. I was not a fan of your coach for the first few years - less for basketball performance reasons and more for how I thought he mishandled one of my son's AAU teammates role while later playing at A&M. Not a big contributor for the Aggies but it was important to me, as a fan.

Yesterday, however, I stood corrected. The coach has had a tremendous amount of challenges from personal health issues to fan base pressure (rightfully so by the way), but he fought through it all and has pulled together a tremendous team, with a real chance of going deep. You all just dismantled a very proud UNC team. The physicality, the intensity on the boards and the resistance to burn clock while protecting the lead was literally beautiful playing and coaching. I really like this team. Talk about hitting your stride at the right time.

On a side note, something mostly lost on this men's board is the last few minutes of the girls game against DePaul (I think it was DePaul). I happened to turn the TV on yesterday and the last few minutes of the game was on. I get it it's not the men's game but go check out the last few minutes of the ladies game and the shooting by Frosh of the Year Carter. It was Reggie Miller-esque. 32 points in the second half. Crazy.

Pretty damn amazing day for Aggie basketball! Congratulations.
Leander - Ag
Artimus Gordon
Thanks for the kind words.
Oak Forest Ag
greg.w.h
AG
Those of us watching our women definitely have been treated by Chennedy's outstanding play pretty much all year. And the DePaul game was a fantastic example of what she brings wearing our jersey.

The scary part very much is that she's a fish. Could be the most talented and hardest working of Blair's fabulous point guards. And I say that thinking of the others in specific. It's not an insult to make the comparison already.
dallasiteinsa02
Glad that you wanted better for your child.
AggieTFA06
AG
Thank you for the kind words Bearpitbull.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Bearpitbull
Don't worry Dallas, I had one to BU and one to Aggie. My only request was that they not attend a school where marching around with a dildo in each hand earns a PE class credit. That took UT out of the equation. They already had fishing licenses from Academy so from a credentials perspective, Tech could not really do much for them.
mazzag
AG
I checked the women's score and we were losing. I just couldn't watch and have negative energy during the men's game. Then someone posted that we'd won on the game thread. What a game! She is phenomenal. I'm a bit down on Blair but getting her to A&M matters.
ClassOf17
Thanks Bearpitbull, I love and work in Waco and it's hard to respect a lot of these fans. Glad to see some good ones still exist.
WestGalvestonAggie

coloradoag69
AG
Thanks for the kind words. Those of us who are older grads (Class of 69) and who also live out of state now appreciate good sportsmanship from all fans and complements from everyone. I had a number of friends go to Baylor, and we still communicate on good terms.

Thanks for posting.
Bearpitbull
Look at West Galveston, I came in peace brother, slapped some cash down on the bar to buy a round of drinks for everyone and look at West Galveston, posting a scene from the baptism. Don't make me post some five overtime nonsense from '08. This is your board, your house. I will finish my drink and leave the bar! I am outnumbered. Just posting a congrats. Good luck and make the state proud! Well, it is Texas so you know, prouder than normal - which is saying something.

I do miss those games. Let's the angry not play football. Nobody cares but those basketball games were another story. Those were some crazy games. Out!
Method Man
The Night Ag Cometh
ontheway
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.