Players finally stepped up

2,415 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dannyjean
Electric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BK put them in the perfect position to choke as usual but they made their free throws
JRB78
AG
Players stopped playing before the game was over. Almost wasted what up until the end had been great effort.
aginlakeway
AG
Electric said:

BK put them in the perfect position to choke as usual but they made their free throws

So does Kennedy get credit for putting them in position to be 20 plus up? I think he's gone after this season barring a tourney run, but if you're going to blame him for what happened late, doesn't he get credit for the big lead?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Aston04
AG
Other than bringing talent here. Not really. Drew summed it up earlier- they're just being us 1-on1!!!

1 thing I am happy about is at least a BK favorite was finally buried in the bench where he should be. I have little doubt we beat Mizzou if he had done the same there too
TjgtAg08
AG
Aston04 said:

Other than bringing talent here. Not really. Drew summed it up earlier- they're just being us 1-on1!!!

1 thing I am happy about is at least a BK favorite was finally buried in the bench where he should be. I have little doubt we beat Mizzou if he had done the same there too

Assuming you mean Collins ... wasn't Chandler suspended for Missouri? If so, impossible to avoid playing Collins in that game. Gilder and Starks can't go 40 min each.
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
Was at the game. We played well. Vandy was unconscious down the stretch. A good win on the road.
Bunk Moreland
aggiemike said:

Was at the game. We played well. Vandy was unconscious down the stretch. A good win on the road.

Ags were unconscious the entire 2nd half until we stopped running offense. At one point we were 12-15 in fg's.

As for the who gets credit and blame for things... I don't think a head coach is ever going to get "credit" for a score or lead in the middle of a basketball game. He'll be judged on the final result.

Today? It was an 8 point road win against the conference cellar dweller that we absolutely had to have.

So props to BK and the team. Very close to close to clinching a tourney bid.

But picture? This is not the way anyone expected tbe Ags to sneak into the tourney, but oh well.
Aston04
AG
austinaggie2008 said:

Aston04 said:

Assuming you mean Collins ... wasn't Chandler suspended for Missouri? If so, impossible to avoid playing Collins in that game. Gilder and Starks can't go 40 min each.
he didn't need to play 14 minutes that night. About 6-7 at most. Thats a big deal for someone who has a teribble+/- over his career.

He also got in against the last 2 opponents- should not happen at all with Chandler back.
t - cam
AG
Billy should get a lot of credit for starting the game in full court defense. He finally realized that this team is better when sped up. Absolutely loved seeing that in a time where we weren't forced to do so.
EXCELL
Quote:

So props to BK
No. Absolutely not.
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
Please go to !
EXCELL
So it took him 20 games to have the lights flicker on ???
And we're supposed to give him coaching props based on that?

Not only NO ... but hell NO.
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
We played well and won on the road in a tough place to play. Give it a rest!
EXCELL
We played the bottom feeder. It wasn't a stroke of brilliant coaching.
Nice win? Yes. They're all nice when you've had period your couldn't beat a good junior college team.

But let's walk it back to reality when we start talking about great coaching.
mazag08
AG
EXCELL said:

We played the bottom feeder. It wasn't a stroke of brilliant coaching.
Nice win? Yes. They're all nice when you've had period your couldn't beat a good junior college team.

But let's walk it back to reality when we start talking about great coaching.

Not one person mentioned great coaching. But plenty of you seem to not be able to avoid making a coaching comment on every single thread.
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
Posters like the OP would still be whining if BK took us to the final 4. You would think we were 0-25 for the year listening to guys like Excel!
damoo80
Happy with the substitutions today. Figuring out how to Play with out Collins in the lineup. Playing Hogg at 4 and having Flagg and Chandler play more minutes.
dannyjean
aggiemike said:

We played well and won on the road in a tough place to play. Give it a rest!
I agree. Let the team enjoy the win and move forward!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.